for backroom staff, higher wages means higher reputation?

I was thinking about this, because when you have a better wage your reputation increases. With players too.

Is it the same for employees?

I could pay a better salary to my HOYD to increase his reputation and thus have better 'youth intakes'?

1 hour ago, joaquin87 said:

I was thinking about this, because when you have a better wage your reputation increases. With players too.

Is it the same for employees?

I could pay a better salary to my HOYD to increase his reputation and thus have better 'youth intakes'?

I don't know if it works that way. For me, the main benefit of higher wages/longer contract is that you get more compensation if they're poached.

Isn't it more the other way around? ie. high reputation means they demand high wages.

I'm not sure if reputation even actually does anything either. I tend to hire staff based on their attributes and completely ignore their reputation and I've never had a problem doing it that way, probably saved a fair bit in wages too!

I heard recently that HOYD reputation is one of the many variables of youth intake. Perhaps its influence is very small, but apparently a HOYD with a better reputation will attract better newgens.

Now, my question is whether I can increase his reputation just by increasing his wages.

<removed videos>

4 hours ago, joaquin87 said:

I heard recently that HOYD reputation is one of the many variables of youth intake. Perhaps its influence is very small, but apparently a HOYD with a better reputation will attract better newgens.

Now, my question is whether I can increase his reputation just by increasing his wages.

<removed videos>

That's false. The reputation of a HoYD has no effect on youth intakes.

The following is what we have gotten confirmed by SI impact the youth intakes. If anything else is claimed to be impacting intakes, please ask for a source for the info, because I pay a lot of attention to this part of the game and would like to know.

Youth Recruitment
The Club’s recruiting of Juniors, those of home and foreign origin.

Youth Facilities
The training facilities available for Juniors (only).
Does NOT apply to visible players already at the club. All visible players currently at the club use Training Facilities regardless of age.

Junior Coaching
The quality and quantity of Junior Coaches at the Club.

Nation Youth Rating
The potential maximum quality and quantity of Juniors produced in that Nation.

Game Importance
How important football is considered to be in that Nation.

Producing Newgens
The Clubs with the best Youth Recruitment will generally pick up the best Junior talent from that Nation first, the scale of that talent being determined by the Nation Youth Rating and Game Importance. The lower the Youth Recruitment the further down the pecking order a club will find itself. Two clubs with identical Youth Recruitment will be sorted by Club Reputation. Being lower down this pecking order does not mean quality Newgens cannot be produced, it simply lowers the chances.

Youth Facilities and Junior Coaching then simulate and determine how that Junior progresses in the Club’s Junior system until a Newgen is produced and appears in game. It is at this point that the Current Ability (CA) and Potential Ability (PA) of the newgens are decided. The above factors all contribute to both CA and PA equally.

Head of Youth Development (HoYD)
The club’s HoYD is responsible for bringing Newgens into the club. He will influence what “type” of players are selected and can partially or fully pass on his personality to some of these Newgens. The “type” of players selected refers to a player’s position and style, for instance a HoYD with a preferred 4-5-1 formation and a Technical Coaching Style may produce more technically styled midfielders than another HoYD.
The HoYD will also influence the rare “freak” or exceptional Newgens that come through, modifying their ability and style.
This role is filled by the HoYD by default, however if none is employed whichever staff member is set to be responsible for youth development will fill this role.

Youth Intake Preview
In FM22 the Development Centre will provide a preview of the upcoming youth intake ahead of the day itself.
This preview will provide some information on the general quality of the intake, positions that are either blessed with or lacking in quality and any other notable highlights.

Junior Player Poaching
It is possible for Juniors to be poached from another club's youth system. This will most commonly occur from smaller reputation club > larger reputation club.

hace 14 horas, HUNT3R dijo:

That's false. The reputation of a HoYD has no effect on youth intakes.

hace 9 horas, XaW dijo:

The following is what we have gotten confirmed by SI impact the youth intakes. If anything else is claimed to be impacting intakes, please ask for a source for the info, because I pay a lot of attention to this part of the game and would like to know.

Thanks!