Cancelling manager agreement

After three and a half seasons with Huesca, I was offered the job at Newcastle and thought I would try my luck by suggesting I join at the end of the current season.
Newcastle agreed and I will become their new manager in June.
However, while still in January, I reckon I have been rash and was wondering if there was a way of backing out of the deal and cancelling my impending move.
I don't feel I have taken Huesca as far as I can.

I do suspect the answer is no, having looked around every possible menu. But if there is any chance of preventing myself from making the switch?

Edited by Galvin's Left Peg

You can't. I was in similar situation once in MLS, I signed during play offs to take some team from other league at the end of season. I thought it will be at the moment play offs are finished, but for some reason, game set my transfer for the end of next season, almost a year and a half later. Couldn't do anything about it. Luckily I had save prior to that "incident" so I reloaded.

I don't know if you can do something about it via in-game editor, maybe someone who uses that can answer.

Edited by Prokopije

Just now, Prokopije said:

You can't. I was in similar situation once in MLS, I signed during play offs to take some team from other league at the end of season. I thought it will be at the moment play offs are finished, but for some reason, game set my transfer for the end of next season, almost a year and a half later. Luckily I had save prior to that "incident" so I reloaded.

I don't know if you can do something about it via in-game editor, maybe someone who uses that can answer.

I did think that might be the case. I will try looking at the editor, as I've never used it.

I turned autosave off, for some reason early on in the save, and thought I had saved the game before agreeing to move to Newcastle, but either didn't or wrote over it during a late-night session.

If anyone does know a sneaky way to get out of this then it would be greatly appreciated.

Just to let anyone know that I did think of a slightly more obvious and less satisfying way of doing this and that was to add new manager, install him at Newcastle and then immediately retire.
Newcastle informed me that they had decided against hiring me and, given the new manager's retirement, were now looking for a new boss.

3 minutes ago, Galvin's Left Peg said:

I did think that might be the case. I will try looking at the editor, as I've never used it.

I turned autosave off, for some reason early on in the save, and thought I had saved the game before agreeing to move to Newcastle, but either didn't or wrote over it during a late-night session.

If anyone does know a sneaky way to get out of this then it would be greatly appreciated.

My advice, always use auto and 2 manual saves, to save one after another combined. I've learned it hard way 20 years ago, when power went off during saving and puff, ten seasons gone just like that. :mad: 

1 hour ago, Prokopije said:

My advice, always use auto and 2 manual saves, to save one after another combined. I've learned it hard way 20 years ago, when power went off during saving and puff, ten seasons gone just like that. :mad: 

Yeh, I learnt it a similar way although mine for some reason corrupt whilst saving despite still having power, thankfully I wasn't quite as far as you but still f***ing annoying