£0 initial transfer budget.

I finished my 1st season with Bordeaux. We finished 2nd, qualifying for Champions League group stages. I spent about 7 million in the first 2 windows combined, and recouped 3-4 million in player sales. I was shocked at the end of the season to see the initial budget set at £0. The balance is 7 million and the finances are secure. We just qualified for the champions league. I'm pretty screwed now because my best player Adli was on loan as well as few others. 

Is there a way to get the board to change the budget other than speaking to them? They rejected my request... Or will the budget change when the new season commences? I would have thought a 20-30 mil transfer budget would have been fair here? Am I missing something?

Usually the transfer budget isn't finalised until expectations for the new season are set. There's also the option of transferring some money from the wage budget to the transfer budget, or even just asking the board for more money if need be.

Don't expect too big a budget if the clubs balance is only 7m though.

Edit: IIRC the Bordeaux owners IRL are super stingy and are focused on drawing money from the club and don't re-invest anything. So if the game's realistic on that front... my condolences.

Edited by rusty217

I thought initial budget for the next season is set as soon as your team clinches final league position or continental qualification. That's when I start dumping the deadwood and signing players whose contracts are ending. If the board has given you a zero transfer budget and are refusing to up it...that's when I wreck the team and move on. Send the starting 11 out on "no recall" loans, give players new contracts with easily-reachable clauses with huge balloon payments, terminate all the qualified staff and resign without notice. 

30 minutes ago, podunkboy said:

I thought initial budget for the next season is set as soon as your team clinches final league position or continental qualification. That's when I start dumping the deadwood and signing players whose contracts are ending. If the board has given you a zero transfer budget and are refusing to up it...that's when I wreck the team and move on. Send the starting 11 out on "no recall" loans, give players new contracts with easily-reachable clauses with huge balloon payments, terminate all the qualified staff and resign without notice. 

That's brutal, I love it :D

On 01/04/2022 at 10:26, jsx7ste said:

I finished my 1st season with Bordeaux. We finished 2nd, qualifying for Champions League group stages. I spent about 7 million in the first 2 windows combined, and recouped 3-4 million in player sales. I was shocked at the end of the season to see the initial budget set at £0. The balance is 7 million and the finances are secure. We just qualified for the champions league. I'm pretty screwed now because my best player Adli was on loan as well as few others. 

Is there a way to get the board to change the budget other than speaking to them? They rejected my request... Or will the budget change when the new season commences? I would have thought a 20-30 mil transfer budget would have been fair here? Am I missing something?

i mean the balance is 7m so where was you thinking you would get 20-30m it very much depends on owners and Bordeaux owners are a bit **** but thats part of the enjoyment of no club being the same.

tbh though your a top 5 european league team that also now offers champions league the players you can bring in for free will be easily good enough to win that league. then go look at some of the massive european clubs and see who they have available for loan they will be happy to send out very good players to you cause its such a high level of football.