Help, international tournament not following year interval and schedule/dates not being followed

HurkaDurk69

So I created a cup for some of the Micro States in Europe that I have created clubs in other nations for, the teams are Andorra, Gibraltar, Liechtenstein, Malta, and San Marino.

I am a complete noob when it comes to creating tournaments but I think I have created a solid base so far, there were some problems in getting usual national team starters to get called up, but I fixed that by raising the reputation of the cup. But two problems are happening right now that I don't know how to fix. 

1. I have set the year interval to 2 so it happens every 2 years, but it only works every 4 years(picture further down) EDIT: I tested something after I made this, could it be because of the EURO qualifiers in 2023?

2. Also, I have set a schedule for the dates starting at 17/6 and ending on 3/7, but it is not being followed. I don't want it to end later because I want my Liechtenstein players to play for Vaduz in the Continental qualifiers. Is this because they are an uneven amount of teams? If so, I guess I have to implement Luxembourg as well1590172471_Skrmbild2022-04-01145457.thumb.png.58b520d415e5f9cd3fbecba0659b4e3a.png

Edited by HurkaDurk69

Note down your competition dates, run the competition in the game, check which dates are used by your competition. Then check if some of your dates are blocked by other European competition (likely).

What's your Date Range set to? If it's just June to July then it should just be Start Month = June, End Month = July with the Year Offset for both set to 0.

When's your Setup Date and Season Update Day? Probably don't actually need anything set for either of those (unless you have a qualification system for it too or something?). If you do have something there the setup date should be before the start month and the update day after the end month (although ideally part of the same year).

What's your Base Year For Dates? All the dates you use for Setup, Update and the fixtures themselves should be the same year as that. Typically it's 2000, but could be set to anything. It will automatically convert that to the year you want the competition (ie. 2021). So if it's set as 2000 while one of your fixtures says 2001 or something then that would translate to 2022, rather than 2021 messing up when the competition finishes.

Update @rusty217 @Wolf_pd

Embarrassingly, I put July instead of June for some of the dates..... However, I added Luxembourg since I thought having 5 teams might ruin the scheduling.

AND IT WORKS NOW.

however, a small question. I did this with 1 league loaded(Andorra) with a small DB. Should I load more leagues to see if it clashes with something(like getting called up in the final game of the season)?

• 10 months later...
On 01/04/2022 at 17:16, rusty217 said:

What's your Base Year For Dates? All the dates you use for Setup, Update and the fixtures themselves should be the same year as that. Typically it's 2000, but could be set to anything. It will automatically convert that to the year you want the competition (ie. 2021). So if it's set as 2000 while one of your fixtures says 2001 or something then that would translate to 2022, rather than 2021 messing up when the competition finishes.

One thing I've often wondered about is the start date , and end date in the requirements section from the op's screenshot above. I follow the base year rules throughout, but have always put start and end dates with the real years. Should I be using the base dates instead? For example if I want a tournament to take place from 2023 onwards (the 2nd season) should my start date be set to 2001? 

I'm sure I tried that before when setting the club world cup dates and it didn't work, but putting 2023 in, did work. Likewise when setting the year dates in the stadium rules for host nations. 

Depends on the combination of dates you use. In some cases for instance it will mean the competition starts one year in the future, in another case it means the tournament is planned the next year, but every setup date it gets moved another year without being played. I had that last one with my Czechoslovakian Cup final.

3 hours ago, \'Appy \'Ammer said:

One thing I've often wondered about is the start date , and end date in the requirements section from the op's screenshot above. I follow the base year rules throughout, but have always put start and end dates with the real years. Should I be using the base dates instead? For example if I want a tournament to take place from 2023 onwards (the 2nd season) should my start date be set to 2001? 

I'm sure I tried that before when setting the club world cup dates and it didn't work, but putting 2023 in, did work. Likewise when setting the year dates in the stadium rules for host nations. 

You've been doing it right, start and end dates should be real years. They're separate from the base date.

7 hours ago, \'Appy \'Ammer said:

Start date (not base year) needs to coincide with the rotation. So if you want it to start in 2023 and occur every two years, start year can be 2001 (it would hold it every two years but the earliest it can do so will be from 2023, which you want). Same reason the World Cup "start year" has to be 2002, or any year along the rotation.

Base year can be anything as they've said, but different base years might affect dates very mildly? Like, when you pick Thursday Jan 27 2000 with base year 2000, or Thursday Jan 27 from another year with that base year, that might affect whether your tournament in 2021 shifts that date to the next Thursday before Jan 27, or the next Thursday after? Haven't tested this. Some years there seems to be a cutoff point when it shifts, and obviously years with February 29th mess that up too

2 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Start date (not base year) needs to coincide with the rotation. So if you want it to start in 2023 and occur every two years, start year can be 2001 (it would hold it every two years but the earliest it can do so will be from 2023, which you want). Same reason the World Cup "start year" has to be 2002, or any year along the rotation.

Base year can be anything as they've said, but different base years might affect dates very mildly? Like, when you pick Thursday Jan 27 2000 with base year 2000, or Thursday Jan 27 from another year with that base year, that might affect whether your tournament in 2021 shifts that date to the next Thursday before Jan 27, or the next Thursday after? Haven't tested this. Some years there seems to be a cutoff point when it shifts, and obviously years with February 29th mess that up too

You may well be right with regards the base years and current years. I set up club world cup fixture rules using base year dates. I instructed the tournament to start in 2022, and the date range was Feb 1 to Feb 1. So this in effect was asking the tournament to start in the 22/23 season, and to be played in February 2023. However in game, the tournament begins on 21st January. That date is not in my fixture rules at all.

Edited by \'Appy \'Ammer

2 hours ago, \'Appy \'Ammer said:

You may well be right with regards the base years and current years. I set up club world cup fixture rules using base year dates. I instructed the tournament to start in 2022, and the date range was Feb 1 to Feb 1. So this in effect was asking the tournament to start in the 22/23 season, and to be played in February 2023. However in game, the tournament begins on 21st January. That date is not in my fixture rules at all.

Could be an issue with setup date I guess. I think you'd pick a date range through all of Feb 2001, with setup date on January (or December 2000, if you've got a base year of 2000). Then your 22/23 version is played in February '23. Sounds like a date is off or something and it thinks it's skipping a year until the next available date

• 1 year later...
On 05/02/2023 at 18:30, themodelcitizen said:

I have a problem with a super cup with a fantasy league I am creating. (fm 24) so of course, season start in 2023 and for the first year (2023) there is no supercup which will start in August 2024 (second season at the beginning) what to I have to set up to avoid this in photo? I do not want to see that 2023 thing even if it's correct that they are not playing and is then an hidden stage. I want to see straight from 2024 picking up the 2 teams. Could u help me? I have tried several combinations and unable.  In terms of base date years, start/end month and year offset, and on requirements section year, start year...etc. I find it very confusing.

1.png

Edited by rmpMarko

@rmpMarko It's definitely the start year you need to put in. This is from fm23, so the first season is 2022. Here are my setup screens:

image.thumb.png.d474608b3e74257fdc633a7e0d84d3ca.png

image.thumb.png.c8d690188f2875729611a165359dec97.png

There is no 2022 year (The first season).

And then I changed the date to 2022 for the start year as follows: 

image.thumb.png.1d03eabf488ec99c224d7e0f63b5fa4e.png

image.thumb.png.faf0ea562b1cf137590e449dbdc827b2.png

There is a 2022 season here. 

4 minutes ago, \'Appy \'Ammer said:

@rmpMarko It's definitely the start year you need to put in. This is from fm23, so the first season is 2022. Here are my setup screens:

Thanks the photo i uploaded is with 2024 as start year. That s why i can t understand. As i was quite sure it was that way

16 minutes ago, \'Appy \'Ammer said:

@themodelcitizen tagging u as i can see you voted the comment. If i do that it's not picking up the teams for the 2024 season

1.png

23 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Post the file maybe? I'm away next week but someone should be able to take a look

All been sorted on its own without touching anything. I swear there are gremlins in the editor!