Bad youth players requesting squad player?

Can somebody explain this to me? I have had a lot of youth players coming through the U19 team and suck. I sually tend to just ignore them and set them for release when they are 19, but a few of them are....interesting. Like this guy:

image.thumb.png.a11ad589b7fcffc8abb288d74cb18706.png

I am playing in the Bundesliga, this guys is hilariously bad, even for a 3rd league team, he is not going to start. He feels he deserves a new contract. I told him i would look into it. That's what he wants:

image.png.3050d965a809f033d1c31114fd303c94.png

If i click okay, he would want to earn 90k p/a, which is okay i guess, but he would still never play. He does not accept less playing time them that. Is this playing time for my reserve team, that is not in a league and consists only of the 4-5 youth players that wait to be released? Or is this guy actually believing, he should start in my first team? The recommende playing time for him in contract negotians is...youngster.

• Administrators

Some are slightly deluded, some have deluded agents. Sometimes it's dependent on what you already have in your squad - is there a pretty low rep/poor ability player who has a similar playing time promise? 

Yes, none of my staff recommended me to keep em or put them anywhere near the first team. It's not the first time, basically whenever a youngster that ends in the second team wants a new contract, they go for squad player or similar and are not at all willing to accept less. It feels like they are arguing for a spot in the affiliate team, but i haven't found a way to distinguish betwwen two playing time wise. You either are squad player or you are not squad player. Maybe there is a way, but my staff seem to also believe these guys are youngsters and youngsters only.

12 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

What does the report say on his personality? He may be the big headed type who thinks he's better than he is

I'd just bin him off, he's got a cool name though 

It has been now 3 players in 2 weeks with the same range of skill that did this. Sounds like a bug. I binned those that were really arrogant in their talks :D

38 minutes ago, du Garbandier said:

surely you mean the but tracker?

:D

Something something, Freudian slip.... ;) 

He is asking to be a squad player in the reserve team, not the first. I was also surprised when my players from the reserve team wanted a lot of playing time and then I switched them to the main team, to see if there was a difference and then they asked for much lower playing time. So it seems it's not a bug and working as intended.