Why does my board refuse to pay wage contributions for some potential loan players?

Hi guys,

I'm playing as Colchester United & am trying to bring in some loanees that improve the team.

For some players, the board agree to make some sort of wage contribution towards the player's wages. Sometimes this is adequate & sometimes it's too low a percentage because the player's salary is too high. That's fine & realistic, I have no issue with that.

What I'm confused about is why the board refuse to pay any contribution towards the salary of certain players. It doesn't seem to matter whether their salary is high or low. 'World Reputation' doesn't seem to matter, nor does the Scout's opinion of their ability (the stars).

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance for any help or ideas!

How much do you have left on your wage budget? What the board allows to pay for loans should be similar to what you can offer in wage to a signing.

30 minutes ago, XaW said:

How much do you have left on your wage budget? What the board allows to pay for loans should be similar to what you can offer in wage to a signing.

Thanks for your reply!

That's not the issue unfortunately. Sometimes the wage contribution for a player is only £50 per week but the board refuse to pay any percentage whereas they will happily pay nearly £2000 p/w for a different player of lower ability & reputation.

It's very strange. 

17 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

No idea I'm afraid, have you any examples we can have a look at? Numbers and budgets and stuff?

Very strange, I can't recreate it now! I had the players written down but when I go to make loan offers, the board now allow me to pay a contribution higher than £0. Nothing has changed. I literally just loaded the game up.