Do you trust your Assistant Managers advice?

Similar to all staff advice it should be used as a suggestion and not as an order.  It can be used as a guide to what to consider but certainly not to be followed blindly.  Use it along with your own judgement.

Particularly useful during matches, especially if you play on 'commentary' or 'key highlights' or even 'extended highlights'.  For example, your AM warns you that an opposition wingback is getting uncontested crossing opportunities or an opposition AMC is running unmarked into the box:  how else would you know that unless you watched more of the match? 

53 minutes ago, glengarry224 said:

Particularly useful during matches, especially if you play on 'commentary' or 'key highlights' or even 'extended highlights'.  For example, your AM warns you that an opposition wingback is getting uncontested crossing opportunities or an opposition AMC is running unmarked into the box:  how else would you know that unless you watched more of the match? 

Is there a place to see these comments beside the box that only pops up for a few seconds during the game?

Pre-match, it varies from AM to AM. Sometimes he's overly cautious, recommending that you take a lower-key approach than your tactic defaults to. Quite often I find that advice plausible but wrong. As you progress your career you get better AMs, and maybe find someone you want to take from one club to the next, but the best ones usually (for me) get poached to become managers in their own right -- and then get sacked after you've bedded in his replacement.

It varies. Pre-match, I tend to take advice on opposition instructions. The other stuff I will make a mental note of, but generally I prefer to impose my own style, so stick with the plan, then revert to his advice if it goes a bit sideways.

That said, if an ass man doesn’t have the same preferred formation and high tactical knowledge, he’s not gonna be my ass man.

On 26/07/2022 at 16:11, talino7 said:

Is there a place to see these comments beside the box that only pops up for a few seconds during the game?

I don't think so.

For most of the advice, I learn what my AM usually advises and go from there.  If he's always begging me to play 'balanced' and we're doing great on 'positive', I ignore it, but if we're conceding too much.....or if, for the first time, he suggests that we play narrower, I'll take a look at the opposition formation and players to see if maybe there is a reason to do that.

• 4 weeks later...