Why is this player eligible for club grown status?

He was signed on August 31 (deadline day), his birthday is August 22 so he was 19 when signed. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, but I thought it was 18 and under for CG status, because you need 3 full years under the age of 21. I am managing in the Premier League. Am I missing something?

FM1.png

FM2.png

FM3.png

1 hour ago, XaW said:

I thought it was 3 years including the year they turn 21. So for you that would be 19+20+21 =  3 years. I might be wrong though.

Theres another player in the transfer screenshot above, Ramon Lourenco. He was signed at 19 years and 11 months. He isn't eligible for club grown status 

8 hours ago, middleweight165 said:

Theres another player in the transfer screenshot above, Ramon Lourenco. He was signed at 19 years and 11 months. He isn't eligible for club grown status 

it is calculated from January 1st . so if he is 18 at January he can be home grown in 3 seasons . if he is 19 at January 1st then he can't be eligible . hope that clears things up . 

7 hours ago, rimok said:

it is calculated from January 1st . so if he is 18 at January he can be home grown in 3 seasons . if he is 19 at January 1st then he can't be eligible . hope that clears things up . 

Ok, I'm just trying to get my head around this.

I have a player I want to sign in January so transfer will go through 1/1/2027. He will be 19 years and 4 months on 1/1/2027. I think he isn't CG eligible because its a new calendar year but if I would of signed him in the previous summer window he would have been eligible. Is that correct?