[FM23] England Level 10 Now Released

2 hours ago, lionel messi said:

I did not know their was a scouting budget, i thought their was just a scouting package.

Where do i find scouting budget.

I'm not sure you do ... I've done a bit of digging.

The scouting package seems to determine the scouting budget but once the game is running the scouting budget can be changed (by either adding transfer budget to it, or reducing it by allocating to the transfer budget).  As an example, I had a budget of 97K and the England scout package (cost 87K).  I re-allocated 50K of the scouting budget to my transfer budget (meaning my scouting budget was now 47K) but I still had the England package.  If they were linked throughout the game the package should have dropped to one that I could afford.

If you don't set a scouting package then the game defaults to 'All of England' and you get around 95K - this explained why Dover (in one of my earlier posts) had such a high budget yet Bromley had 25Kish.  Dover had no scouting package set.  Bromley had 'Own Division'.

For the purposes of the save, I'd probably go with Own Division for tier 7 and none for tiers 8-10.  It's your call though.

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, andydick said:

The scouting package seems to determine the scouting budget but once the game is running the scouting budget can be changed (by either adding transfer budget to it, or reducing it by allocating to the transfer budget).  As an example, I had a budget of 97K and the England scout package (cost 87K).  I re-allocated 50K of the scouting budget to my transfer budget (meaning my scouting budget was now 47K) but I still had the England package.  If they were linked throughout the game the package should have dropped to one that I could afford.

If you don't set a scouting package then the game defaults to 'All of England' and you get around 95K - this explained why Dover (in one of my earlier posts) had such a high budget yet Bromley had 25Kish.  Dover had no scouting package set.  Bromley had 'Own Division'.

For the purposes of the save, I'd probably go with Own Division for tier 7 and none for tiers 8-10.  It's your call though.

oh i see , i am playing a lower league german DB and i think the creator forgot/didn't set any scouting package, as a result my tier 6 german team has a budget of 156K$ lol...

23 minutes ago, andydick said:

My point was that the scouting budget is 109k no what what you set the scouting package in the editor. The only effect I see setting lower teams to none is to help them from going into debt. But as a user, we can switch from none to scout the entire England with the 109k budget or switch it over into the transfer budget.

5 hours ago, andydick said:

This is how i have it set up at the moment.

National League - Nation - Senior.

National League North/South - Surrounding Divisions - Senior.

Regional Premier Divisions/1st Divisions. Own Division - Senior.

Level 9/10 - None.

just doing a few demo games to see what happens.

I started with a Level 10 team and their scouting budget was 95k but no scouting package. holidayed a couple of months and nothing went out of the finances for scouting.

i started a fresh save with a Level 8 save and their scouting budget was 95k but their scouting package was regional 1st divisions £17.5k (1.5k p/m)

Im thinking it might be better to have Level 7-10 on none and then maybe tone down the national leagues down a little bit, what do you all think about that?

Then it is up to the player if they want to take the risk of alter their scouting package at the cost of potentially putting the club into a bit of debt.

5 hours ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

My point was that the scouting budget is 109k no what what you set the scouting package in the editor. The only effect I see setting lower teams to none is to help them from going into debt. But as a user, we can switch from none to scout the entire England with the 109k budget or switch it over into the transfer budget.

You can even alter it to world.

But i have no control over this unless their is something in advanced rules which is possible to do when i get in their.

On 29/11/2022 at 22:21, lionel messi said:

This is how i have it set up at the moment.

National League - Nation - Senior.

National League North/South - Surrounding Divisions - Senior.

Regional Premier Divisions/1st Divisions. Own Division - Senior.

Level 9/10 - None.

just doing a few demo games to see what happens.

I started with a Level 10 team and their scouting budget was 95k but no scouting package. holidayed a couple of months and nothing went out of the finances for scouting.

i started a fresh save with a Level 8 save and their scouting budget was 95k but their scouting package was regional 1st divisions £17.5k (1.5k p/m)

Im thinking it might be better to have Level 7-10 on none and then maybe tone down the national leagues down a little bit, what do you all think about that?

Then it is up to the player if they want to take the risk of alter their scouting package at the cost of potentially putting the club into a bit of debt.

Re "I started with a Level 10 team and their scouting budget was 95k but no scouting package. holidayed a couple of months and nothing went out of the finances for scouting.

i started a fresh save with a Level 8 save and their scouting budget was 95k but their scouting package was regional 1st divisions £17.5k (1.5k p/m)"

That makes sense, and the default packages look correct, but since you have a ridiculously high scouting budget, what's stopping you simply selecting one of the much larger packages instead (and therefore getting a much larger player base) or transferring some of the 95K to your transfer budget and walking through the league that way.

This is the issue (as Mars_Blackmon raised) .... the scouting budget doesn't seem to change.  Taking Bromley as my example, it doesn't matter what package I select in the editor the scouting budget is always 27K but I can't see anywhere where that value can be changed.

4 minutes ago, andydick said:

Re "I started with a Level 10 team and their scouting budget was 95k but no scouting package. holidayed a couple of months and nothing went out of the finances for scouting.

i started a fresh save with a Level 8 save and their scouting budget was 95k but their scouting package was regional 1st divisions £17.5k (1.5k p/m)"

That makes sense, and the default packages look correct, but since you have a ridiculously high scouting budget, what's stopping you simply selecting one of the much larger packages instead (and therefore getting a much larger player base) or transferring some of the 95K to your transfer budget and walking through the league that way.

This is the issue (as Mars_Blackmon raised) .... the scouting budget doesn't seem to change.  Taking Bromley as my example, it doesn't matter what package I select in the editor the scouting budget is always 27K but I can't see anywhere where that value can be changed.

I bet this is same for very high rep clubs also

Ok thanks cos making it down to 640 doesnt work with editor.

11 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

I had to redo the FA Cup then add it back in because of the qualifying rounds.

I actually have 796 teams in my FA Cup so a few teams from Level 10 can enter.

image_2022-12-01_103859083.png

Screenshot (1432).png

Edited by cel1234

Yes i made them down to that so there was 640 as that is the number of teams that entered the competition this season.

Edited by cel1234

20 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

There is 732 teams this year and that is what it is normally every year.

Im getting that number cos thats whats in qualifying haha

Currently playing with the Tier 8 Database and managing a team in the Pitching In Northern League Division One South East and notice that at the end of each month when the awards are handed out for Player of the Month, Young Player of the Month, Goal of the Month etc the email in the inbox doesn't include the competition name or the actual award name. The text just abruptly cuts off before it tells you what the award is. I know this is a probably just a cosmetic thing and not very important but worth reporting anyway.

I also find it a bit weird that the club I'm managing has a Reserve Team with about 4 players who never seem to play in any matches, but have more coaching staff then the actual first team. They have an Under 23 Team again with only about 6 players and they have an Under 18 Team. Seems a bit excessive for that level and especially when in real life they just have a first team and then an academy team for the under 18s, no other teams inbetween.

1 minute ago, cwattyeso said:

Currently playing with the Tier 8 Database and managing a team in the Pitching In Northern League Division One South East and notice that at the end of each month when the awards are handed out for Player of the Month, Young Player of the Month, Goal of the Month etc the email in the inbox doesn't include the competition name or the actual award name. The text just abruptly cuts off before it tells you what the award is. I know this is a probably just a cosmetic thing and not very important but worth reporting anyway.

I also find it a bit weird that the club I'm managing has a Reserve Team with about 4 players who never seem to play in any matches, but have more coaching staff then the actual first team. They have an Under 23 Team again with only about 6 players and they have an Under 18 Team. Seems a bit excessive for that level and especially when in real life they just have a first team and then an academy team for the under 18s, no other teams inbetween.

I think it is because the award names are too long, it has always been the case with this, if you go under the awards tab on the competion page it should display correctly on there.

What team are you?

Tested level 7 and 8 and cant buy any players. Holidayed for a few months at a few different teams and the -100 number does not change. Also (don't know if its related) but the loan rules look funky as well. Only makes reference to foreign players.

Screenshot 2022-12-01 192434.png

Edited by theHDTreatment

31 minutes ago, theHDTreatment said:

Tested level 7 and 8 and cant buy any players. Holidayed for a few months at a few different teams and the -100 number does not change. Also (don't know if its related) but the loan rules look funky as well. Only makes reference to foreign players.

Screenshot 2022-12-01 192434.png

Why cant you buy any players?

Anyone else unable to buy any players?

the -100 number does not change because there is no transfer window set up yet in the lower levels, same for the loan rules.

These will be done when i get into advanced rules and will be fully working when the full Level 10 release is done.

1 hour ago, theHDTreatment said:

I've tried several teams in level 7 and 8. All have same issue. Every other league is fine. I havent selected no transfers for first window.

Are you running any other files that are possibly causing a conflict because no one else seems to be having this issue?

Reputation of some teams adjusted at Level 9,10 because they are set very low in the default database.

Facilities all now done down to Level 10.

Onto looking at attendances now.

Another 2-3 days and i think i will be onto the advanced rules.

Another 7-10 days after that i think the database will be ready if all goes good with testing.

20 hours ago, cel1234 said:

Its doing me head in now. :seagull:

Save your editor data file as an xml, open the xml in a text editor, find the FA Cup by its ID, manually change the number of teams, save the file. Reload the database and your file. If it’s worked, save your xml back as an fmf.

I see same issue as mentioned by theHDTreatment - there is -100 days of Restricted Transfer Window, with Transfer Activity first window not being disabled during setup. Checked on teams from div 8 and div 9, so it's not only on WIP 9th and 10th.

13 minutes ago, Rocker93 said:

I see same issue as mentioned by theHDTreatment - there is -100 days of Restricted Transfer Window, with Transfer Activity first window not being disabled during setup. Checked on teams from div 8 and div 9, so it's not only on WIP 9th and 10th.

It must be something with how you have your game setup.

Level 9 is not even activated.

Are you sure you are not using a differnt file to this one?

Sorry, can't count, meant 7-8th. Yes, I'm positive, I run only your database from this thread. I think I found the issue - there are only base game advanced rules set for England, so up to 4-5 (VNL and South/North), there are no rules for 6 and 7, so 7th and 8th tier.

rules.PNG

1 minute ago, Rocker93 said:

Sorry, can't count, meant 7-8th. Yes, I'm positive, I run only your database from this thread. I think I found the issue - there are only base game advanced rules set for England, so up to 4-5 (VNL and South/North), there are no rules for 6 and 7, so 7th and 8th tier.

rules.PNG

Yes i have already said once i go into advanced rules a little bit further up the page i will be adding the transfer windows & loans in beyond Level 6

Hey, that's fine - thank you for your work on the database, I do understand how many things needs to be done to make it work. I just responded to confirm theHDTreatment and that this is not a problem with loadout, but just not done yet. Not that you'd make that many transfers at this level and database is solid, I mean heck, WorkTheSpace started on your database already. Just people that already started long term saves should be aware that until you reach VNN or VNS, there is no transfers at all. Keep up the good work sir!

They have to experience it as well. You can add rules for transfer window yourself if you know your way around editor. I manually changed existing rule of transfer for vanarama and applied to all levels below in database and it kinda works - it's now open pretty much all the time :D But I would wait for final version from lionel as he probably knows more about editor then we all combined.

fix.PNG

fix2.PNG

16 hours ago, FCUtdWill said:

Save your editor data file as an xml, open the xml in a text editor, find the FA Cup by its ID, manually change the number of teams, save the file. Reload the database and your file. If it’s worked, save your xml back as an fmf.

I did it in Advanced and got it working thanks

9 minutes ago, zamotasuplany said:

Is it possible to release level 8 earlier with a revised scouting budget and transfer window?

Thank you for your work. 

I cant alter the scouting budget, it defaults to 95K.

Scouting packages have been altered though.

It will not be possible to release another Level 8 because i have 2 differnt files, 1 for Level 8 & 1 for Level 10.

The transfer window cant be altered until i get into advanced rules (tommorow)

1 hour ago, dℍaisa said:

I have reported lack of scouting budget setting and unrealistically high scouting budget that the game is allocating as a bug here:

Please upvote so that it gets resolved quicker...

The problem is there is no option to change scouting budget that i know of, only a option to change scouting package which for a high percentage of clubs from premier league down to the lower levels is not set anyway.

5 hours ago, lionel messi said:

The problem is there is no option to change scouting budget that i know of, only a option to change scouting package which for a high percentage of clubs from premier league down to the lower levels is not set anyway.

That's the simple issue .. we need to be able to set the scouting budget for each lower league club.  It doesn't seem to be linked to the scouting package because you can change the scouting package (from 'none' to 'world') and the budget stays the same.

I can't see anything in the editor (other than scouting package) and it's not in the finances section (as an extra source of income).  Very frustrating.  Perhaps it's just not a maintainable value within the editor or it's calculated from a number of other values

9 minutes ago, andydick said:

That's the simple issue .. we need to be able to set the scouting budget for each lower league club.  It doesn't seem to be linked to the scouting package because you can change the scouting package (from 'none' to 'world') and the budget stays the same.

I can't see anything in the editor (other than scouting package) and it's not in the finances section (as an extra source of income).  Very frustrating.  Perhaps it's just not a maintainable value within the editor or it's calculated from a number of other values

Yes i have had a look around too and cant see anything in there for changing scouting budget.