[FM23] England Level 10 Now Released

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 23/12/2022 at 16:16, lionel messi said:

I have not seen this before.

Are you using any other data files alongside mine?

Not running any other data files at all, yours is the only one, but this problem has persisted even when I remove it from my pc, and on other saves as well - might have to speak with SI about this as it may be a general error rather than a glitch with the file

9 minutes ago, maccacallander said:

Not running any other data files at all, yours is the only one, but this problem has persisted even when I remove it from my pc, and on other saves as well - might have to speak with SI about this as it may be a general error rather than a glitch with the file

Have you edited the file like caragreg did?

In my second season with Sticker FC (South West Peninsula League Premier Division West - located near St Austell, Cornwall).  At the end of season 1, we relocated from the original ground as it wasn't up to standard for the league.

We moved to The Royal Agricultural College ground in Cirencester - this is about 200 miles away from Sticker!

And we are not the only ones now located at this ground - by my count there are now 25 teams at this ground along with many more U21 & U18 teams including 4 other teams in my division.  There is also a couple of teams in the North West Counties league at this ground!

Any idea why this happened?  (makes arranging pre-season friendlies REALLY hard!).

27 minutes ago, stevedaytona said:

In my second season with Sticker FC (South West Peninsula League Premier Division West - located near St Austell, Cornwall).  At the end of season 1, we relocated from the original ground as it wasn't up to standard for the league.

We moved to The Royal Agricultural College ground in Cirencester - this is about 200 miles away from Sticker!

And we are not the only ones now located at this ground - by my count there are now 25 teams at this ground along with many more U21 & U18 teams including 4 other teams in my division.  There is also a couple of teams in the North West Counties league at this ground!

Any idea why this happened?  (makes arranging pre-season friendlies REALLY hard!).

I will have a look on mine although im in the 3rd season now.

Yes there seems to be a problem with that happening but dont know why.

A couple of teams from the south west have also gone to play in nantwich

Edited by lionel messi

1 minute ago, dannyboy93 said:

@lionel messi I suspect this has something to do with the minimum seats required at Level 10 (50) - all the clubs who've moved seem to play at Level 10, so I spot checked a few old grounds in the pre game editor and they have 0 seating capacity.

Yes its probably where i did not have the information available to how many seats they had so it was left at 0 seats.

I think there was a lot in the south west peninsula leagues.

But even so they should not be moving to other parts of the country, i wonder if it fixes itself if they build a new stadium?

27 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

Yes its probably where i did not have the information available to how many seats they had so it was left at 0 seats.

I think there was a lot in the south west peninsula leagues.

But even so they should not be moving to other parts of the country, i wonder if it fixes itself if they build a new stadium?

My assumption is that if I can get them promoted a few times then they will need to relocate again - hopefully closer to home?  

(I'd never heard of Sticker before I started this save but I love them now...lol....their nickname is "The Sticky"!)

7 minutes ago, stevedaytona said:

My assumption is that if I can get them promoted a few times then they will need to relocate again - hopefully closer to home?  

(I'd never heard of Sticker before I started this save but I love them now...lol....their nickname is "The Sticky"!)

I just had a look on my save and the same thing is happening on my save and everyone else's i think, 2 teams also moved to nantwich, both from the south west.

Some of the teams are looking for a site for a new stadium and some have already agreed a new stadium so hopefully this issue will fix itself in time.

I am going to have a look also to see if i can find how many seats the missing teams have at level 10 to fix the issue.

4 hours ago, stevedaytona said:

I think i have found the issue.

Teams that own their own stadium dont move and make the required improvements.

Teams that dont own their stadium will move to another stadium, a lot go to cirencester, a couple to nantwich, noticed one that went to man utd's training ground.

I will fix this by making teams own their own stadium and by making sure they have the required capacity/seats for the level they play in.

Teams that share stadiums and dont own their stadium might still suffer from this issue.

6 hours ago, lionel messi said:

I think i have found the issue.

Teams that own their own stadium dont move and make the required improvements.

Teams that dont own their stadium will move to another stadium, a lot go to cirencester, a couple to nantwich, noticed one that went to man utd's training ground.

I will fix this by making teams own their own stadium and by making sure they have the required capacity/seats for the level they play in.

Teams that share stadiums and dont own their stadium might still suffer from this issue.

I wonder if you there are enough coordinates and cities set for each ground if it would "know" to move them to a nearby one? But it shouldn't need to most of the time anyway

The history issue people are reporting might be due to clearing the cache or hall of fame or something like that between careers? Or if it's editor related it could be due to reloading after deleting changes? But it sounds more like they might be running multiple versions of the file by mistake

16 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

I wonder if you there are enough coordinates and cities set for each ground if it would "know" to move them to a nearby one? But it shouldn't need to most of the time anyway

The history issue people are reporting might be due to clearing the cache or hall of fame or something like that between careers? Or if it's editor related it could be due to reloading after deleting changes? But it sounds more like they might be running multiple versions of the file by mistake

The file has now been updated on the 1st page on the 2nd post.

Most teams should now not move stadiums when their stadium does not meet the league requirements and instead build the requirements, the only exception to this might be when your stadium is at the maximum expansion capacity and cant be improved further or if its not your own stadium.

Level 9 teams stadiums 100 seats minimum where not set. (Minimum Required to play at this Level)

Level 10 teams stadiums 50 seats minimum where not set. (Minimum Required to play at this Level)

I am looking at starting a save in the lower leagues in England. My local team, Prescot Cables, are playing in level 8 of the pyramid. Am I ok to load 7 levels and take over them if they get promoted to level 7 after holidaying? Would this be acceptable for this challenge?

I know I keep asking all these question, for some reason I just can't get going this year. I wanted to play in a nation that hasn't been completed yet, but I just can't get going. I started a save in Kazakhstan and it was going gteat, but then I realised that we weren't in the national cup for some reason. There must of been a bug in the file.

55 minutes ago, Shankly84 said:

I am looking at starting a save in the lower leagues in England. My local team, Prescot Cables, are playing in level 8 of the pyramid. Am I ok to load 7 levels and take over them if they get promoted to level 7 after holidaying? Would this be acceptable for this challenge?

I know I keep asking all these question, for some reason I just can't get going this year. I wanted to play in a nation that hasn't been completed yet, but I just can't get going. I started a save in Kazakhstan and it was going gteat, but then I realised that we weren't in the national cup for some reason. There must of been a bug in the file.

For the Level 10 Challenge on the challenges page you need to start with a Level 10 team.

Thanks for your time and effort once again @lionel messi.

I'm currently testing and noticed a couple of things for your attention.

- Level 8 relegation playoffs are not drawing the correct teams together. I'm not sure whether this is because 2 seedings are missing (30 and 31) or something else. I am going to test this first and will let you know.

- Regional boundaries aren't quite correct. For example Isthmian South East has north border of Canvey Island (Essex) but this league is for Kent teams. Another example is the Isthmian North (Essex and Anglia league) which has south boundary as Gravesend (Kent). You can find the regions most easily here: 

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/2/edit?mid=1bWNNdcooHR8Cbm6UE6oJAsm24ABF-ZkE

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/2/edit?mid=1vJxP3moH9TLHAEEuOECZ4CLuypHAewT5&ll=52.58652783233194%2C-3.86552844999994&z=6

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/2/edit?mid=15IuJLLoT2Dhk3empD-K-qq72u-37zj5L&ll=51.37675066200177%2C-1.337476072716085&z=9

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/2/edit?mid=1lbOcK8HoBGoEKlySpeKOHGUSC2kVZ4lG&ll=51.8624880910904%2C-0.7530769570312446&z=9

Edited by apass93

39 minutes ago, apass93 said:

Thanks for your time and effort once again @lionel messi.

I'm currently testing and noticed a couple of things for your attention.

- Level 8 relegation playoffs are not drawing the correct teams together. I'm not sure whether this is because 2 seedings are missing (30 and 31) or something else. I am going to test this first and will let you know.

- Regional boundaries aren't quite correct. For example Isthmian South East has north border of Canvey Island (Essex) but this league is for Kent teams. Another example is the Isthmian North (Essex and Anglia league) which has south boundary as Gravesend (Kent). You can find the regions most easily here: 

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/2/edit?mid=1bWNNdcooHR8Cbm6UE6oJAsm24ABF-ZkE

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/2/edit?mid=1vJxP3moH9TLHAEEuOECZ4CLuypHAewT5&ll=52.58652783233194%2C-3.86552844999994&z=6

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/2/edit?mid=15IuJLLoT2Dhk3empD-K-qq72u-37zj5L&ll=51.37675066200177%2C-1.337476072716085&z=9

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/2/edit?mid=1lbOcK8HoBGoEKlySpeKOHGUSC2kVZ4lG&ll=51.8624880910904%2C-0.7530769570312446&z=9

Yes i have not be able to get the regional division playoffs 100% correct, All seeds are in there though, i will look into it a bit further soon.

Dont worry about Regional boundaries they are just there as a guide as every club has regional divisions set down to Level 10 so they have no purpose anyway.

And in fact i had to remove the regional divisions for divisions at Level 10 because if they were set teams would start the game in the 1st season in the wrong leagues.

If you notice any other things let me know.

Edited by lionel messi

I am having a very strange issue with the database when I add it to my game. 

I cant seem to offer any player a contract EXCEPT for a pay as you play option. I have tried in several different leagues varying from tier 10 - 7 and the option to offer a part time contract isnt there. 

I am importing something incorrectly? Currently makes the game unplayable as I cant keep hold of any players!

7 minutes ago, Gwill1983 said:

I am having a very strange issue with the database when I add it to my game. 

I cant seem to offer any player a contract EXCEPT for a pay as you play option. I have tried in several different leagues varying from tier 10 - 7 and the option to offer a part time contract isnt there. 

I am importing something incorrectly? Currently makes the game unplayable as I cant keep hold of any players!

That is because you can only offer non contracts at Level 7-9.

And at Level 10 you can only offer amateur contracts.

I've managed to get the Level 8/9 Inter-Step playoffs working by adding seedings in the 'teams' tab under the main stage tab. All Level 8 teams seeded 0 and Level 9 Teams seeded 1. Then in 'Valid Cup draw rules' under  the 'Rounds'  tab  enter keep seedings apart 0 and 0 . This way the L8 teams can't play each other and are set to be at home under the 'higher division teams at home' draw rule in the 'round defaults' tab. You then  enter 'place teams in same regions together' and 'Max distance between teams' rules (I set 50 miles) under the 'Valid cup draw rules' tab so that the ties are all geographically appropriate. I tried using 'seedings for round' under the 'Round' tab as you have done, which should work exactly as you set it up, but for some reason is glitchy I found by testing. . I've run 3 test saves and this method seems to work well.

3 hours ago, toiletfootball said:

I've managed to get the Level 8/9 Inter-Step playoffs working by adding seedings in the 'teams' tab under the main stage tab. All Level 8 teams seeded 0 and Level 9 Teams seeded 1. Then in 'Valid Cup draw rules' under  the 'Rounds'  tab  enter keep seedings apart 0 and 0 . This way the L8 teams can't play each other and are set to be at home under the 'higher division teams at home' draw rule in the 'round defaults' tab. You then  enter 'place teams in same regions together' and 'Max distance between teams' rules (I set 50 miles) under the 'Valid cup draw rules' tab so that the ties are all geographically appropriate. I tried using 'seedings for round' under the 'Round' tab as you have done, which should work exactly as you set it up, but for some reason is glitchy I found by testing. . I've run 3 test saves and this method seems to work well.

Could you post me screenshots of exactly what you have done please because their might be some things you have selected which i have not

you can send it by PM if you want.

thanks.

30 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

Could you post me screenshots of exactly what you have done please because their might be some things you have selected which i have not

you can send it by PM if you want.

thanks.

Here you go. It occurred to me that some regional divisions have teams from more than one local region, e.g. teams from the North-West and the West-Mids in the Midland Premier, so, you might want to disregard the 'keep teams in same region' rule and just go with the 50 mile limit. As with many advanced rules, you only find out what they do once you've run a test save! The way you did it initially should have been fine but I think it's an editor glitch as I mentioned.

1.png

2.png

3.png

2 minutes ago, toiletfootball said:

Here you go. It occurred to me that some regional divisions have teams from more than one local region, e.g. teams from the North-West and the West-Mids in the Midland Premier, so, you might want to disregard the 'keep teams in same region' rule and just go with the 50 mile limit. As with many advanced rules, you only find out what they do once you've run a test save! The way you did it initially should have been fine but I think it's an editor glitch as I mentioned.

1.png

2.png

3.png

Thats great thanks

On 27/12/2022 at 19:20, lionel messi said:

The file has now been updated on the 1st page on the 2nd post.

Most teams should now not move stadiums when their stadium does not meet the league requirements and instead build the requirements, the only exception to this might be when your stadium is at the maximum expansion capacity and cant be improved further or if its not your own stadium.

Level 9 teams stadiums 100 seats minimum where not set. (Minimum Required to play at this Level)

Level 10 teams stadiums 50 seats minimum where not set. (Minimum Required to play at this Level)

Will this fix apply to an already existing save?

@lionel messi At what level / tier do football clubs start to play in the FA Cup?

Really enjoying my save. Started unemployed, no coaching badges, Sunday league experience, and Tier 10 Staveley Miners Welfare were crazy enough to appoint me manager.

On 26/12/2022 at 11:33, lionel messi said:

I just had a look on my save and the same thing is happening on my save and everyone else's i think, 2 teams also moved to nantwich, both from the south west.

Some of the teams are looking for a site for a new stadium and some have already agreed a new stadium so hopefully this issue will fix itself in time.

I am going to have a look also to see if i can find how many seats the missing teams have at level 10 to fix the issue.

Quick update - I reached the end of my second season (2nd but failed to win promotion by 5 points) and got this message:

image.png.84b42a78a3a1dce5f192524cff855bd5.png

15 minutes ago, stevedaytona said:

Quick update - I reached the end of my second season (2nd but failed to win promotion by 5 points) and got this message:

image.png.84b42a78a3a1dce5f192524cff855bd5.png

Yeah it is a issue but their is no reason for why it is happening.

Its happening when teams dont own their own stadium.

I have recently fixed the issue but i will know for sure once the 1st season is over in my test.

17 hours ago, toiletfootball said:

Some of the drawn teams seem miles apart

Are yours like this?

Capture.JPG.d6b155ae6ea82d0e0416fd5e67abfa64.JPG

Show me yours

What are yours like?

Edited by lionel messi

So I ran a further playoff test, most of the teams are fairly close apart from the glaring example of Tadcaster v Whitstable. So clearly my system is also flawed. If the seedings for round won't work properly the only way to fix would be to add the stage in each of the 8 child comps, rather than the parent, so only teams in the same area can face each other. More work obviously.

1.PNG

18 hours ago, lionel messi said:

Tier 9

Nice to see your enjoying it

Thanks, @lionel messi. So if I can get Staveley Miners Welfare promoted to Tier 9, we should be able to play in the FA Cup qualifying rounds.

What about the FA Trophy? What level / tier does that kick-in at?

12 hours ago, toiletfootball said:

So I ran a further playoff test, most of the teams are fairly close apart from the glaring example of Tadcaster v Whitstable. So clearly my system is also flawed. If the seedings for round won't work properly the only way to fix would be to add the stage in each of the 8 child comps, rather than the parent, so only teams in the same area can face each other. More work obviously.

1.PNG

I think i have managed to fix this 100% by adding regional draw groups.

2 teams in each regional group with regional boundaries set as per the 16 Level 9 leagues.

Capture.JPG.02a40e90461f943e914bb1165e7803a1.JPG

Capture1.thumb.JPG.38bd140686d01726e80bab7b74345b7f.JPG

8 hours ago, lionel messi said:

I think i have managed to fix this 100% by adding regional draw groups.

2 teams in each regional group with regional boundaries set as per the 16 Level 9 leagues.

Capture.JPG.02a40e90461f943e914bb1165e7803a1.JPG

Capture1.thumb.JPG.38bd140686d01726e80bab7b74345b7f.JPG

That is excellent work. I think I figured out the issue with 'seedings for round'. If every team is given an individual seeding you need to choose 'fixed draw' rather than 'seeded draw'. I wish SI would give us a manual! 

10 hours ago, lionel messi said:

All clubs now semi-pro, (Apart from the few that are set to be always amateur)

Hi.

First of, thank you for your hard work.

Is there a problem with the amateur teams in the previous release ? I have an ongoing save started and thinking now if it worth continuing it ..

Thanks.

4 hours ago, BuzzR said:

Hi.

First of, thank you for your hard work.

Is there a problem with the amateur teams in the previous release ? I have an ongoing save started and thinking now if it worth continuing it ..

Thanks.

There is no problem, but you will only be able to offer amateur contracts while you are amateur.

the main issue was with stadiums, most teams moving to cirencester while they have a new stadium built or upgraded.

generally it is very easy at this level but now it will be a bit more difficult and you may have to keep a track on finances.

1 hour ago, lionel messi said:

There is no problem, but you will only be able to offer amateur contracts while you are amateur.

the main issue was with stadiums, most teams moving to cirencester while they have a new stadium built or upgraded.

generally it is very easy at this level but now it will be a bit more difficult and you may have to keep a track on finances.

Thank you.

Happy New Year !! 

P.S.: I've left a small donation earlier. Thank you again for your effort with this amazing database.