The Officially Unofficial “When’s the FM23 BETA out?” speculation thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, DavyDepuydt1 said:

All content creators who got the alpha and the "trusted circle surrounding SI" (read: admins at top fan sites & the game stores)  already know the date of the beta for two or three weeks.

There is no such thing as "when the beta is ready", they've put a release date for their game and a hard limit of "at latest two weeks before", as that that comes closer they decide the real date they aim for (which from communications and 'in-between-the-lines' reading is tomorrow, thursday the 20th) - let's call this date the "beta aim date".

The definition of a beta version of a software already means "it's not ready", combine that with what I said above, they already have hard lines for release and latest beta release date... so the story they trying to sell each year of "When Miles feels the beta is ready" is not what people seem to think;

• it's not Miles checking a new software built every single hour and saying "I'm not happy with that, beta not ready, please continue working"
  • It's really nothing more or less than Miles deciding together with the team on (or the day before) the beta aim date  "are there any showstoppers, like real bad crashes or known severe gamebreaking bugs? -> No -> Beta is released on the date SI has already targetted for weeks, the same date they've communicated off the record to content creators and their trusted circle"

reading socials of those admins of top fan sites, "leaked early dates on epic", hearing between the lines what alll those content creators say... the best estimated guess is "it's tomorrow, always has been tomorrow for weeks, unless they hit something very late that they see as a showstopper"

Yeah, that's not how it works.

Just now, Harrymcintyre said:

We’re still on for today up to 8pm. I’m dubious that they’d release it whilst premier league football is going on though. 

I don't know, I'm hoping to play it whilst watching Utd later. I'm sure they've released before whilst footy is on

4 minutes ago, Millz53 said:

Big Boy Zealand reckons today or tomorrow :confused:

I think tomorrow is a sound assumption. 

Whilst this doesn't require Miles at mission control pressing a big red beta release button they probably aren't going to do it whilst he's at a Watford game.

"ObZb.gif

Monday
We posted gifs on Tuesday
We were edging by Wednesday
Beta on Thursday and Friday and Saturday, We won the league on Sunday
I met a man called Miles on Monday
Took him for a drink on Tuesday
Bribed him to release on Wednesday
FM'd on Thursday and Friday and Saturday, We ragequit on Sunday

Edited by harrycarrie

2 minutes ago, Polski97 said:

Damn 6 more days to go till FM23 

Getting them ‘Posts’ numbers up…. Currently on 212…. Reckon you will  be on 300 by end of the night

Edited by greenz81

Just now, 2calvin said:

Not a chance miles gives the all clear whilst he's away at a footy match

Chances are, if it was coming today (and it is still possible) it would have been signed off hours ago. Once Miles approves, it still have to be approved by Sega and be uploaded to the various online hosts.