Youth Candidates playing in Senior Division

I'm currently playing a journeyman save in Germany (FM21), am in my second season at Freiburg, and just discovered by accident that my Youth Candidates entered into the 6th division for this season (playing with an extended database)... I can't click on the team, in the season preview, they have no players, and nothing is displayed in my Youth Intake tab either. I watched their first game, all their squad seems to be greyed out players.

Has this happened to anyone? I don't think it'll cause any problems, but it's certainly weird; I looked through the other 6th divisions, and the only other team to also have a Youth Candidates Team is Union Berlin - my former team...

20221014131858_1.jpg

20221014131909_1.jpg

20221014132004_1.jpg

20221014132013_1.jpg

20221014133925_1.jpg

I was following a YouTube creator, Lollujo in one of his journeyman career campaigns and he hit this problem. He couldn't solve it and had to play through those games off camera, wasting tons of hours of his time. So I'd call it a known issue and hope to hell SI have sorted it for FM23.

22 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

I was following a YouTube creator, Lollujo in one of his journeyman career campaigns and he hit this problem. He couldn't solve it and had to play through those games off camera, wasting tons of hours of his time. So I'd call it a known issue and hope to hell SI have sorted it for FM23.

That wasn't his youth candidates but his B team, Tours II (I think), that had got promoted in the game (at random) into the lowest playable division. He couldn't holiday as the matches were always at the same time.

11 hours ago, Scotty Walds said:

That wasn't his youth candidates but his B team, Tours II (I think), that had got promoted in the game (at random) into the lowest playable division. He couldn't holiday as the matches were always at the same time.

That was it! Same kind of issue that needs sorting. I guess it happens to players rarely so that it might get overlooked.

6 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

That was it! Same kind of issue that needs sorting. I guess it happens to players rarely so that it might get overlooked.

It was an edited database, with extra levels added so the database creator just needs to make sure that B teams are not added to the level below playable - or SI make it so that B teams are excluded from the "random" promoted teams.

9 minutes ago, Scotty Walds said:

It was an edited database, with extra levels added so the database creator just needs to make sure that B teams are not added to the level below playable - or SI make it so that B teams are excluded from the "random" promoted teams.

There shouldn't be an issue with B teams though. Both Spain and Germany start with B teams in playable leagues and I've never heard any issues there. Perhaps it's something unique about the setup in France for that issue?

That said, B teams getting promoted is normal and intended behaviour. Youth candidates, like the OP, definitely isn't.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb wearesporting:

Whatever of other issues nobody is going to fix problems related to extended databases but whoever created them.

Of course, I was just surprised that Youth Candidates Teams are even able to appear in Competitions, never seen anything like it before