FM23/ Gamepass, Xbox Ed etc

Hi all so I wanted to ask a few questions n after searching through the forums quickly I couldn't find the answers. 

For the Gamepass versions of the full game n console edition, will you need to remain "online", can you play either offline? 

Are there any features missing from the gamepass version to steam version

Will the console edition have unlockables, editor? 

Will you be able to upload tactics, facepacks, customer databases to the gamepass full and/or console versions?? 

17 minutes ago, jamiousdaywalker said:

Hi all so I wanted to ask a few questions n after searching through the forums quickly I couldn't find the answers. 

For the Gamepass versions of the full game n console edition, will you need to remain "online", can you play either offline? 

Will you be able to upload tactics, facepacks, customer databases to the gamepass full and/or console versions?? 

You always need to be online for any games played through Game Pass.  It has to check you're subscribed to the service and you need to be online for that check to happen.

I don't believe the Game Pass version will have access to the editor or the ability to add custom graphics but I could be wrong.

• SI Staff
4 hours ago, kevhamster said:

I don't believe the Game Pass version will have access to the editor or the ability to add custom graphics but I could be wrong.

Pretty sure you are wrong, not aware of any restriction on these

1 hour ago, kevhamster said:

Ah ok, must be a misunderstanding on my part then!

I think the Stadia version was the one you couldn't edit.

Although saying that Id presumed as you had and bought the game, when I have Gamepass. Oh well its still great value.

8 minutes ago, dunk105 said:

I think the Stadia version was the one you couldn't edit.

Although saying that Id presumed as you had and bought the game, when I have Gamepass. Oh well its still great value.

I did try the Game Pass version and couldn't see the editor anywhere.  But it may just be that I didn't look hard enough!  

16 hours ago, jamiousdaywalker said:

1) You will need to be online as @kevhamster has pointed out.
2) The game is exactly the same via Steam or Game Pass. Whether that's Football Manager 2023 or Football Manager 2023 Console. The only thing that will differ is that you need to be online to access the Game Pass version.
3) The Console version doesn't support an editor.
4) For Football Manager 2023, yes. For Football Manager 2023 Console, no.

I hope this answers your question. 

I've been playing the game for years even going back to when it was called Championship Manager but I've always been a PC only user but I bought myself an Xbox series x the other week so I might just have to give the console version a go.

On 19/10/2022 at 16:38, edgar555 said:

Another question, is the beta available on Game Pass too, or do I need to show patience?

The beta isn't available via Game Pass. Unfortunately, as you mentioned, you'll need to do your best Take That impression until the game arrives on Game Pass from Day 1.

1 hour ago, Desmond Richardson said:

The beta isn't available via Game Pass. Unfortunately, as you mentioned, you'll need to do your best Take That impression until the game arrives on Game Pass from Day 1.

What do they mean here then? Is it just if you pre-order the game on the Windows Store?

***Please note that the Early Access process works differently via the Microsoft Store. Players will need to download a specific Football Manager 2023 Early Access version which they can play up until full release. At the point of full release, they will need to download an entirely separate Football Manager 2023 to continue playing. You will need to have both installed for a period of time in order to ensure save games can continue directly from Early Access to full release.

5 hours ago, Dr. Pepper said:

What do they mean here then? Is it just if you pre-order the game on the Windows Store?

***Please note that the Early Access process works differently via the Microsoft Store. Players will need to download a specific Football Manager 2023 Early Access version which they can play up until full release. At the point of full release, they will need to download an entirely separate Football Manager 2023 to continue playing. You will need to have both installed for a period of time in order to ensure save games can continue directly from Early Access to full release.

So you can Pre-Order the game via Microsoft Store which is a purchase. Where as the game will only be accessible on Game Pass from Day 1. 

I don't intend to play FM23 until the bugs have been sprayed and everything has calmed down. My question is what will happen to FM22 on Gamepass for PC when FM23 comes out? Will it remain on Gamepass for me to keep playing my current save, or will it vanish once the new game is released?