*Official* Football Manager 2023 Early Access Beta Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 dakika önce, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello, the new update has made Steven Gerrard and his staff of Aston Villa removed from the club.

Is that all? I think steven gerrard's employment statue at aston villa is seen as a fatal game breaker issue for the game by the developers.

5 hours ago, FrazT said:

This has already been explained a few times in here- this is the Beta phase, where users can get early access to try out the game and report issues so that they can be looked at.  A hotfix will only ever be released for a problem that stops the game from running, so no there is little likelihood of a hotfix.

7 minutes ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello, the new update has made Steven Gerrard and his staff of Aston Villa removed from the club.

I mean I'm not sure Steven Gerrard being the manager of Aston Villa makes the game unable to run, but hey fair enough. Hopefully we will get a hotfix for the youth development soon as well.

As a purchaser of the game for many years, I am very underwhelmed and disappointed with FM23:

- The feature updates are insignificant. The scouting update is clunky, the supporter page is okay but nothing extravagant, the licensing for the Champions League and Europa League are nice touches (but not really features) and a timeline at the end of the season is insignificant.

- The transfer list & player ratings must barely have been updated, because other than real life transfers being added, the transfer list is largely the same and a year later in game the potential signings are the same as FM22 - I’ve never found this to be the situation from two different FMs.

This game isn’t what I hoped for in a new FM, I feel apathetic towards the series. At a push, it is FM 22.3, not FM 23 or FM 22.5!

At least release the current 'hotfix' you believe will solve the development and central play... you have 100,000s if not millions of early access users, ready to beta test for you if it works. We are bound to find problems your current in-house testers cannot. 

Just now, Zachary Whyte said:

We are currently exploring ways to keep up with the real world. It is possible more mini changes will happen in the future to stay up to date with current events.

This is just gonna offend a select few who dont understand the concept 🤣

1 minute ago, Zachary Whyte said:

We are currently exploring ways to keep up with the real world. It is possible more mini changes will happen in the future to stay up to date with current events.

How would that help? If the game engine isnt working as it should... why would changing managers affect anything? Its a very strange move by you guys

Just now, greenz81 said:

How would that help? If the game engine isnt working as it should... why would changing managers affect anything? Its a very strange move by you guys

Keeping the database up to date on the fly has nothing to do with technical bugs/issues that require indepth knowledge of the game code.

4 minutes ago, callamity said:

Keeping the database up to date on the fly has nothing to do with technical bugs/issues that require indepth knowledge of the game code.

I know that... thats why i am asking 'How would that help?  If the game engine isnt working as it should... why would changing managers affect anything?'

7 minutes ago, unitedstian said:

I mean earlier we were told that they would only release a hotfix on game breaking issues, and now we get this

This is not a hotfix, this is a small data update to reflect current issues. The games code has not been updated here. I don't get why this is hard to grasp...?

7 minutes ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Is there a need to do a separate update related to the transfer of a player or manager?  Just update it at once when it's officially released.

Just now, Choi seung won said:

Is there a need to do a separate update related to the transfer of a player or manager?  Just update it at once when it's officially released.

Why?

Just now, XaW said:

This is not a hotfix, this is a small data update to reflect current issues. The games code has not been updated here. I don't get why this is hard to grasp...?

Because the vast majority of people are already months/years deep into the game, identifying issues... why would they want to restart the game again?? To find the same issues?

1 minute ago, Choi seung won said:

Yes because transfers and staff leaving may lead to teams behaving far differently in-game to what they were initially, therefore the impact of those moves needs testing. Also need to test that the game is extracting the data correctly and that the updated data is correct.

1 minute ago, XaW said:
2 minutes ago, greenz81 said:

Because the vast majority of people are already months/years deep into the game, identifying issues... why would they want to restart the game again?? To find the same issues?

Because this is a BETA. If you don't like bugs or reporting them, playing a beta is a very bad idea.

Do you understand what you are saying?? I know this is BETA and bugs have been reported. Why would I restart the game, just for the sake of 1 manager being sacked from a league, i am not playing in? 

The bugs before the hotfix, will still be there.... why would i report them twice?

If SI can hotfix manager movements it could be useful when the pre-Xmas flurry of sackings happens.  Not everyone will want to restart at that point, but some may - there's still quite a wait until the normal post transfer window db update happens. 

Zach said "We are currently exploring ways to keep up with the real world." - so I took it as being a proof of concept type thing

Edited by rp1966

6 hours ago, Slippy_ said:

Go to the games page on your library. Support -> Gameplay or technical issue -> pick any option -> Id like to request a refund.

Will only work if you have less than 2 hours playtime

You can also put in a reason for asking for the refund, and in the past I've been able to get refunds with ~100 hours played by saying specifically that it's a pre-order beta test, not a final release, and I do not believe the final product will be acceptable.

Just now, greenz81 said:

Do you understand what you are saying?? I know this is BETA and bugs have been reported. Why would I restart the game, just for the sake of 1 manager being sacked from a league, i am not playing in? 

The bugs before the hotfix, will still be there.... why would i report them twice?

You don't need to report them twice, but other people who want to report bugs and not just play the game, might restart and report new ones. Perhaps there is a bug where Villa rehires Gerrard within a week? Such a bug would not show up in your game. The beta is a means of having many people test, but you can do whatever you want in your game. But why complain when a slight update rolls out?

1 minute ago, rp1966 said:

If SI can hotfix manager movements it could be useful when the pre-Xmas flurry of sackings happens.  Not everyone will want to restart at that point, but some may - there's still quite a wait until the normal post transfer window db update happens. 

Seeing how well people reacted to this one, I can see why they would be reluctant to do so in the future...

3 minutes ago, greenz81 said:

Here's a crazy idea...maybe don't?  

8 minutes ago, XaW said:

If they can release an update like this then atleast throw in a fix for some of the bugs that people have reported, surely they have fixed atleast one of them so we can play around with it and see if it holds up further down the line

5 minutes ago, greenz81 said:

I know that... thats why i am asking 'How would that help?  If the game engine isnt working as it should... why would changing managers affect anything?'

Tbh SI dont really need to divulge why anything would help at this point.

If someone was to think logically about it though,

a different manager may behave differently. Providing different outcomes on a save.

If you are further on in your save and this data update hasnt affected your save world, carry on, nothing to see it wont help in this scenario.

I have started a number of new saves and intend to keep doing so it will give seperate data for me. 

There are a plethora of different reasons to why it will help, my favorite being my made up one below 😅

SI may be considering more regular DB updates and testing quick changes during BETA is a good time to try it out.(speculation on my part)

1 minute ago, unitedstian said:

If they can release an update like this then atleast throw in a fix for some of the bugs that people have reported, surely they have fixed atleast one of them so we can play around with it and see if it holds up further down the line

I expect they would have if they had tested it in-house. I think they are trying to identify and test internally before shipping out a new version, it's usually a good idea to get the most out of the people working on it. In the beta process they mostly put out code fixes to actual crashes rather than functional bugs.

2 minutes ago, XaW said:

You don't need to report them twice, but other people who want to report bugs and not just play the game, might restart and report new ones. Perhaps there is a bug where Villa rehires Gerrard within a week? Such a bug would not show up in your game. The beta is a means of having many people test, but you can do whatever you want in your game. But why complain when a slight update rolls out?

I am not complaining... i am suprised at the move. You can see alot of people desperate for an update with regards to the development and central play issues among others... but a data update took priority...

Im not here to debate, merely just expressing an opinion, especially when SI know what the community is like

Just now, greenz81 said:

I am not complaining... i am suprised at the move. You can see alot of people desperate for an update with regards to the development and central play issues among others... but a data update took priority...

Im not here to debate, merely just expressing an opinion, especially when SI know what the community is like

There are different people handling data vs code, and I imagine this would simply be a small .edt-file that doesn't even require recompiling anything, so why not add these types of things when it has very little impact on other fixing?

SI need an "On the Fly" .ed/LDC compliler. You tick the changes you want online from those available and they are then compiled into a downloadable, installable file. That way people can update and install what and when they like.

Please Note; I have not thought this through so is bound to be an awful idea somewhere along the line :D

10 minutes ago, KillYourIdols said:

SI need an "On the Fly" .ed/LDC compliler. You tick the changes you want online from those available and they are then compiled into a downloadable, installable file. That way people can update and install what and when they like.

Please Note; I have not thought this through so is bound to be an awful idea somewhere along the line :D

The issue I could perhaps see with that is that the more options you have for ticking and unticking things, the more different possibilities you have.  The more possibilities you have, the more complex and difficult testing could be.  Theoretically, of course, but logically it follows.

This is my first ever football manager game. I have seen friends play it and was curious. So I think I would share some feedback. Apologies for my english, i do my best.

LEVEL OF DETAIL

There is much detail, I am lost. There is  data hub for players, there is a squad planner, recruitment meetings. Sometimes I feel would be better if things like squad planner has more information and I can get data from there. Even access data from older season to help me make decisions would also be good.

Maybe using data to do:

If a player loses possession of the ball when he gets it, there is data for it I can see in the possession lost, maybe it would be good if the squad planner can add pop ups to tell us how our players are doing on key numbers for the roles they play. Maybe have numbers for 2-3 seasons. It would be better than what it is now. i used it once played till 2030 and I worryI won't be using it that much.

TACTICS
This is my first football manager game,  I am surprised how easy it is. If I use  common sense it becomes easy. If i try to hard i lose. I used the default route one tactic and made a counter attacking tactic. It working very well. I can change mentality easily if I want to win games or draw games

I will give more feedback when I can. I now return to play the game. Thank you, for your kind listening

1 minute ago, forameuss said:

The issue I could perhaps see with that is that the more options you have for ticking and unticking things, the more different possibilities you have.  The more possibilities you have, the more complex and difficult testing could be.  Theoretically, of course, but logically it follows.

I assume its not as easy as it sounds or someone would have done it by now. I'm sure there was a game Many years ago that had a similar idea. Might of been the old days of Android Development TBH. You could basically build your own update.

I mean, its probaly useless for FM. There is very few reasons NOT to fully update the game.

45 minutes ago, metal_guitarist said:

And people wonder why SI staff don't post on here as much as they used to...

Person does his job in providing an explanation as to why something happened, gets abused for it. 

What are you talking about? Nobody has been abused here. Bizarre comment.  

26 minutes ago, XaW said:
29 minutes ago, unitedstian said:

I expect they would have if they had tested it in-house. I think they are trying to identify and test internally before shipping out a new version, it's usually a good idea to get the most out of the people working on it. In the beta process they mostly put out code fixes to actual crashes rather than functional bugs

But we are also BETA testers... we would identify issues probably missed by the internal testers, because they will naturally test the issues of known problems.... whereas us, we be testing 'blind', and find any other issues that they would've missed. We all know they will release a 'fix' that will have a knock-on effect on something else because the internal team wouldve missed it, as they dont have 100,000's of in-house testers. 

I thought this was the whole point of BETA testing.... not just to play the game early

Been playinng for a little bit, one of the things and its small that jump out to me during press conferences. When one of your players plays well a positive response is "I wouldnt swap him for anyone, not even *insert superstar player here*".

Please SI remove that response, I dont think ive ever heard a manager say that their league two striker wouldnt be swapped even for Harry Kane. Small but an absoltely irritating option to have there.