[FM23] No Room for Racism

DavidBeckham

The Start

f80a75e9c14cf06290c007485157bc45.jpg

Jermain Defoe has declared that he is ready for a managerial role in the next step of his football career. 

The former England international made 362 appearances for Spurs and scored 143 goals across his two separate spells at the club. Defoe's effort of 162 Premier League strikes means he is the ninth highest scorer in top-flight history, above Michael Owen and Spurs legend Teddy Sheringham. 

One of his main goals is to inspire other black coaches and he revealed that he has been encouraged into coaching by predecessors such as Chris Hughton and Ledley King and hopes to do the same for future generations. In a conversation with Britain's former NFL star Jack Crawford to discuss their background and fighting discrimination for the Premier League's No Room For Racism campaign, Defoe said: "They probably thought, 'I don't know if I should do that.' But when you see someone else from the same background get given the opportunity, (they'll think) 'Yeah, I can do this.' That's exactly what happens."

On his philosophy as a manager, Jermain added: "I want my team to be the fittest in the league. There’s nothing better as a player [than] when you’re fit and you can run all day without fatigue. You need a tactical element of course, but you have to be willing to work harder than the other team. I want my team to win, and I want them to improve every single day."

Game Status

Current Version: 23.0.4+1752091 (m.e v23.0.0.0)

Database Size: Large

Selected Nations (Leagues)

England (Sky Bet League One And Above)

France (Ligue 1 Uber Eats Only)

Germany (Bundesliga Only)

Italy (Serie A Only)

Spain (First Division Only)

19ad83c6cb2c6602e916eafe3824dd68.png

Jermain will be starting unemployed in the game, going wherever the game takes us. The first transfer window has been disabled, and he will not be able to take over clubs with managers in place at the start of the game. The aim of the save is to be the best black football manager of all time, and send the strongest message that there should be no room for racism!

f1747b6bccaf8cd4336369d8ca743e67.png

Let the job hunt begin!

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shame on you! Defoe would 100% be a tracksuit manager, (because you know he can still do a bit). :lol:

Good luck with this. Liking the idea behind it. :thup:

[Edit]

I support a non-league club and we've had a black Manager, (Edgar Davids), and our Chairman changes managers on a pretty regular basis, (because he's rubbish at appointing managers), and I've long held the view that I would like our next manager to be black, (despite me being white Irish/Brit), and I will explain why as you have opened the thread to it a tiny bit. (If this is a problem then let me know and I will delete it). 

We know that racism still exists on the pitch, (although it's much better than it was historically). 
We know that BAME managers do not get the same opportunities in football that white managers do. 
We know that there are good managers and bad managers. 
We know that there are good white managers and bad white managers. 
We know that there are good BAME managers and bad BAME managers. 

There are 20 Premier League Managers. 
There are 24 Championship Managers.
There are 24 League 1 Managers.
There are 24 League Managers.
There are 24 National League Managers. 

Assuming that there are no partnerships where there are joint managers, (I think there are at least 1 in EFL), that means that there are 116 managers employed in Football at Conference/National League or above. 

If we were looking to recruit a manager below that level, (say for example the Isthmian Premier League), then by the law of averages you would only be able to recruit something like the 117th best manager available to work in this Country at that level.

However not everything is equal in Football or life 

Patrick Viera is manager of Palace. 

Vincent Kompany is at Burnley.
Paul Ince is at Reading.

Dino Maamria is at Burton Albion.
Darren Moore is at Sheff Wed.

Lewis Young is at Crawley.
Keith Curle is at Hartlepool.

There are no BAME managers in the National League. 

So you could either appoint the 117th best manager in the Country and completely ignore race. 

Or you could appoint the 8th best BAME manager available. Now I don't care of the manager of my club is white, brown, black or yellow with pink spots, but I've got to think that the 9th best BAME manager would be better than the 109th best white manager. 

Anyway, apologies for going off on a tangent @DavidBeckhamand feel free to let me know if you would like me to delete this. 

Good luck. :thup:

Edited by Jimbokav1971

23 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Shame on you! Defoe would 100% be a tracksuit manager, (because you know he can still do a bit). :lol:

Good luck with this. Liking the idea behind it. :thup:

[Edit]

I support a non-league club and we've had a black Manager, (Edgar Davids), and our Chairman changes managers on a pretty regular basis, (because he's rubbish at appointing managers), and I've long held the view that I would like our next manager to be black, (despite me being white Irish/Brit), and I will explain why as you have opened the thread to it a tiny bit. (If this is a problem then let me know and I will delete it). 

We know that racism still exists on the pitch, (although it's much better than it was historically). 
We know that BAME managers do not get the same opportunities in football that white managers do. 
We know that there are good managers and bad managers. 
We know that there are good white managers and bad white managers. 
We know that there are good BAME managers and bad BAME managers. 

There are 20 Premier League Managers. 
There are 24 Championship Managers.
There are 24 League 1 Managers.
There are 24 League Managers.
There are 24 National League Managers. 

Assuming that there are no partnerships where there are joint managers, (I think there are at least 1 in EFL), that means that there are 116 managers employed in Football at Conference/National League or above. 

If we were looking to recruit a manager below that level, (say for example the Isthmian Premier League), then by the law of averages you would only be able to recruit something like the 117th best manager available to work in this Country at that level.

However not everything is equal in Football or life 

Patrick Viera is manager of Palace. 

Vincent Kompany is at Burnley.
Paul Ince is at Reading.

Dino Maamria is at Burton Albion.
Darren Moore is at Sheff Wed.

Lewis Young is at Crawley.
Keith Curle is at Hartlepool.

There are no BAME managers in the National League. 

So you could either appoint the 117th best manager in the Country and completely ignore race. 

Or you could appoint the 8th best BAME manager available. Now I don't care of the manager of my club is white, brown, black or yellow with pink spots, but I've got to think that the 9th best BAME manager would be better than the 109th best white manager. 

Anyway, apologies for going off on a tangent @DavidBeckhamand feel free to let me know if you would like me to delete this. 

Good luck. :thup:

Jermain is a tracksuit manager! But he just loves to dress up a tad more than the other managers ;) 

Love what you just said, and that's exactly why I decided to do this save too! Saw an article on Defoe wanting to inspire the next generation of black coaches, and that made my mind up on this year's save! 

b87b503a3044f7b3bf6b70e1f82f9b6f.png

And the journey is about to begin!

The Squad

0ef4cab18e1b4b33d22fa098ec97e7ee.png

Jermain has taken over a squad which certainly has the numbers to play his favoured 4-3-3 formation. However, there is always room for improvement, especially in the defensive positions. The center-backs and right-backs are on the slow side, and some of the central midfielders are rash in their tackles. We won't be surprised to see a few red cards in the upcoming campaign. We also do not have left-footed right wingers in the squad and Jermain has been working on converting Matthew Hope into one, with right-footed Duncan Watmore backing him up. Nevertheless, there should be enough in the team to meet the board's expectation of a top-half finish!

Key Players

a1ed716fe0e8b6debca64212bef01b5e.jpg

Dael Fry is one of Boro's top academy graduates in the recent years and he is a solid center-back at this level. Despite lacking in acceleration, he is excellent in the air and we are looking forward to his goal output at set-pieces. The Englishman is also our vice-captain and it will be a dream if he can guide the team back into the top flight in the next few years.

36e0efaf82f2fef04796bc45536ebd00.jpg

Zack Steffen is in many Sky Bet Championship dream 11s and the Man City loanee is arguably our best player in the squad. Jermain is looking forward to a big season from the American as we look to keep out the attacking talents who just came back down from the Premier League. Oh, say can you see...

e3fa20b971daad79dfd4f19cd5b9035e.jpg

The last and perhaps the most exciting player to watch is our best attacking talent from the wings and Isaiah Jones will provide some much needed creativity cutting in from the left wing. He will play in the inverted winger role as he can cross the ball decently and has the ability to beat a man with his pace and dribbling. If we are to have a big season ahead, we will need big goal involvements from the tricky winger.

e15064a8ec210cc929be4c52217b7bee.png

After a gruelling pre-season adapting the squad in Jermain's favoured 4-3-3 Vertical Tiki-Taka system, we are all set and ready to go! \o/

13 hours ago, Brooklyn Jensen said:

Really love the idea of this thread and quality start so far! I’m putting money on Defoe to outdo Carrick!

Thanks mate! I'm having so much fun thus far! We are pleasantly surprised by our start to the season and let's hope that it is not the new manager bounce!

b101b49c6e508282b1b0e8cac04696ba.png

96aab3de8787c5db5b577749a3e5c382.png

On 27/10/2022 at 16:25, Emozil said:

Loving this so far. Please try to get some of Defoe's former team mates in as coaching staff!

Cheers mate! No former team mates so far but there are certainly some familiar faces! ;)

6a85cf8d46d4bf77461f5ea80541a56f.png

Edited by DavidBeckham

29 minutes ago, DavidBeckham said:

Cheers mate! No former team mates so far but there are certainly some familiar faces! ;)

6a85cf8d46d4bf77461f5ea80541a56f.png

Hirschfeld didn't play for the first team but was in squad with Defoe at Spurs.

FrRPpl.jpg

July - October 2022

014dbc4b94827be8b297d637c6dd3e59.jpg

Boro has been flying under the stewardship of Jermain!

Sky Bet Championship

30d8d2e75eed4d9976cbec68745f8eb1.png

be9919d51bc072f6378228e3a3a2d416.png

The boys have been absolutely flying in the league, winning 16 and drawing 2 at the start of Defoe's tenure. I'm not sure if it is the new manager bounce but we are all keeping our fingers crossed that the good form can last and we can stay ahead of Watford and Norwich by the end of the campaign!

Carabao Cup

795f0d6c124aeaba22439bc4bdbda547.png

We have also progressed in the Carabao Cup, knocking out Shrewsbury and Grimsby in the opening two rounds and a tough Stoke outfit awaits us in the third round. Our backup wide-men, Marcus Forss and Duncan Watmore, did their first-team hopes no harm by bagging two goals each in the competition thus far. Jermain will continue to use his second string for the rest of the Carabao Cup fixtures as we go full force in the league.

Player of the Update

8593345d57c2eec6c9fbbfa6d299e819.jpg

The photo above might have given it away but Isaiah Jones has been absolutely brilliant for us in our near perfect start to the season. The tricky winger bagged 6 and created a further 5 in just 13 starts, playing a major role in our rise up the table. We will be managing his game time carefully throughout the campaign to ensure he stays clear of injury for the rest of the season \o/

On 30/10/2022 at 15:49, DavidBeckham said:

July - October 2022

014dbc4b94827be8b297d637c6dd3e59.jpg

Boro has been flying under the stewardship of Jermain!

Sky Bet Championship

30d8d2e75eed4d9976cbec68745f8eb1.png

be9919d51bc072f6378228e3a3a2d416.png

The boys have been absolutely flying in the league, winning 16 and drawing 2 at the start of Defoe's tenure. I'm not sure if it is the new manager bounce but we are all keeping our fingers crossed that the good form can last and we can stay ahead of Watford and Norwich by the end of the campaign!

Carabao Cup

795f0d6c124aeaba22439bc4bdbda547.png

We have also progressed in the Carabao Cup, knocking out Shrewsbury and Grimsby in the opening two rounds and a tough Stoke outfit awaits us in the third round. Our backup wide-men, Marcus Forss and Duncan Watmore, did their first-team hopes no harm by bagging two goals each in the competition thus far. Jermain will continue to use his second string for the rest of the Carabao Cup fixtures as we go full force in the league.

Player of the Update

8593345d57c2eec6c9fbbfa6d299e819.jpg

The photo above might have given it away but Isaiah Jones has been absolutely brilliant for us in our near perfect start to the season. The tricky winger bagged 6 and created a further 5 in just 13 starts, playing a major role in our rise up the table. We will be managing his game time carefully throughout the campaign to ensure he stays clear of injury for the rest of the season \o/

Would love to see how Isaiah does in the Prem! He looks like he can be a quality backup there! KUTGW mate!

On 01/11/2022 at 08:59, Brooklyn Jensen said:

Would love to see how Isaiah does in the Prem! He looks like he can be a quality backup there! KUTGW mate!

Cheers mate! Unfortunately, he has slowed down a bit since our last update :(

On 01/11/2022 at 09:11, Rikulec said:

Good start mate, I'd expect nothing less from you. Best of luck. :thup:

Thanks mate! May the good times roll :brock:

First Signing

b533982c04df332db8bcc9cbc1429781.jpg

Cesare Casadei is Jermain's first signing of his tenure! The Italian is a loan signing from Chelsea who can play as a 6, 8 or 10 in central midfield. His intelligence and physicality will definitely serve him well in a league like the Championship. Can't wait to see him in a Boro shirt at the Riverside Stadium!

Edited by DavidBeckham

January 2023 Transfers

d59b25d9a53dea8837e8041cf06fbde5.jpg

The majority of our budget was spent on Micky van de Ven, a player whom Defoe feels can make the step up to the Prem if we eventually go up this year. The 7.5 million pounds signing is an all-rounded left wing-back who can play capably in central defence. He will put lots of pressure on our starting left-back (Marc Bola) to keep his level of performances up for the second half of the campaign. Liverpool has VVD, we have VDV!

aa11d63cf35719759e9c4e5f24a816a7.jpg

The loan signing of Eyüp Aydin from FC Bayern completes Jermain's businesses for his 1st ever transfer window as a football manager. The young German is another all-rounded central midfielder who is versatile enough to play in most of the central midfield roles. Defoe likes to play with two no. 8s, namely a left-footed midfield player on the left of a Regista, and another right-footed one on the opposite side. The German has the ability to play in both the Regista and the left-sided no.8 roles, and he will hopefully get enough game time to develop into a Premier League level midfielder, by the time we reach the top flight :brock:

Edited by DavidBeckham

12 hours ago, Brooklyn Jensen said:

Good, sensible signings who can make the step up to the Premier League! Eager to see how Eyup develops for u!

He's developing well! And we might have the chance to extend him for an additional season ;)

Season Review 2022/23

cadb9cf41443d0b9eb6838595ad132b0.jpg

We are going up say we are going up!

Sky Bet Championship

7bb7b93c5cac98cd1f97d64b1ae6c35c.png

Defoe's boys have done it! After a long season, we managed to bag the Championship title with 115 points, 5 ahead of nearest rivals Norwich to achieve promotion in Jermain's maiden campaign \o/ We were also so near to an unbeaten season..

66ad2f93f243fea7cd1a66467346d284.png

..and it was an undeserving loss too. I hate Burnley! :mad:

FA Cup

03431606d2ae5f0a4d7ef928e24b2949.png

We didn't go too far in the FA Cup though, but it was unsurprising as our second stringers were no where near Arsenal's quality on the pitch. I'm sure we will progress further as we strengthen the squad in the next few years.

Carabao Cup

789d39a37b22ecab2d4323fa5f4d9f86.png

We did really well in the Carabao Cup though, knocking out a strong Aston Villa side along the way as we reached the semis. However, money prevails as we lost to the cash-rich Cityzens.

Goal of the Season

3d1f90c87f18bfb4b5a5af6d00443385.gif

Our goal of the season is a banger from our starting right-back!

Finances

8b8f7238f0064ee3f358b8277dd75775.png

Our financial situation can only improve from here, and it was surprising to see a former Sunderland player's name in the top 5 shirts sold. Must be the Jermain effect ;)

Best Eleven

bf0bdbb51b5952d9b42e42b517e08165.png

The promotion winning heroes!

Player of the Season

6b4fd58f814995a2dbaa9ba0083d1bb0.jpg

He's one of our own, he's one of our own, Dael Fry, he's one of our own! We conceded only 19 goals throughout our league campaign and it was hugely down to Dael's leadership and aerial dominance in our central defence. He even managed to contribute 11 out of our final goal tally of 114 when he went up for set-pieces. The academy graduate is without a shadow of a doubt our player of the season!

Budgets

843f093588ac3661efebab61b169e629.png

It's time to go shopping! :D

Edited by DavidBeckham

On 12/11/2022 at 13:52, Brooklyn Jensen said:

It’s bloody Burnley again! You are just like Mark Goldbridge! Class season though :applause:

Thanks mate! By the way Mark Goldbridge is playing FM now too!

On 12/11/2022 at 18:08, Hootieleece said:

Great Job!  Burnley is always a pain in the A**!

Yes it is always bloody Burnley! :( Thanks mate!

On 12/11/2022 at 20:03, AlfieLucas said:

Good stuff so far. I'm Spurs, so JD is a favourite of mine. KUTGW.

Cheers mate! Jermain is finding hard to strengthen his squad for the Prem though! It seems harder than ever on this version!

Squad Rebuild (Goalkeepers & Defenders)

8a84fb3e8f5910dff909eb3c7d8c18bb.png

Jermain certainly had the busiest summer of his life..

Goalkeepers

3c68ebd47804b2113b7d18da0bf5edbf.jpg

No decent keepers were willing to join us in our relegation-fighting campaign (not even Zack Steffen) and Jiří Pavlenka was the best we could find on the market. The Czech is a good shot-stopper whom we will definitely need in our first season back in the top flight.

be73442de497d7488c9df05fa7ec6769.jpg

Žiga Frelih signed on a free towards the end of last season and he will get most of his game time in the cup competitions. 

Right-backs

56dae610c11f23a999c3a3c624da4c3b.jpg

Right-back was another problematic position and Jermain struggled to find someone of the right quality. We eventually settled on Daniel Muñoz, who will bring some much needed leadership in our newly constructed backline.

52269c7ce01526987dd148d7843e6e7c.jpg

Dion Sanderson went on loan at Birmingham from Wolves and had a decent season in the championship. Like us, he will be playing first-team football for the first time in the top flight.

Left-backs

2a47ebc163318706cd66faa2bb20b104.jpg

Micky van de Ven was one of Defoe's first few signings last January and the Dutchman will start at left-back in the upcoming season after a strong end to last campaign. 

f331d0d9a84bf9242dfac2d6f86aa75e.jpg

Sergio Reguilón was a very late addition this summer after he was placed on the transfer list by Spurs' management. Coming in at a transfer fee of just 4.9 million pounds, he can be one of the bargains of the season if he stays injury free and dislodges Micky from the starting left-back berth. 

Center-backs

e8579528f5db705b9ee1bbd8f1d65c5f.jpg

Using his West Ham links, Jermain brought Reece Oxford back to the Prem after his adventure in Germany. We also struggled to find center-backs of the right quality and the Englishman was one of the best who was willing to join us in our fight against relegation. He will go straight into our starting 11. 

e77f5ffbc4896f3b3122324f9192dbd9.jpg

His partner-in-crime is an American who played majority of his football in Germany too. Chris Richards will bring that American determination to our central defence as we look to keep out the variety of attacking threats in the Premier League. 

3aa75712e1a45268edf13b2453bedb00.jpg

Jarrad Branthwaite completes the quartet of center-backs at the club alongside Dael Fry, and we are all looking forward to goals from him as he is incredible in the air.

Squad Rebuild (Midfielders & Attackers)

No. 6s

f9155bc205b7840af768b76bff1139a4.jpg

Morten Hjulmand arrives for three million pounds and he will be our metronome, dictating play from deep with his decent passing ability. This is similar to how Fabinho/Rodri play in the Liverpool/Man City sides. If he can be half as good, we have a decent player on our hands ;) 

c61ca6d93636448ecb629150e423fa63.jpg

Branco van den Boomen came in on a free to back Morten up, and it is worth noting that the Dutchman is the best set-piece taker in our squad. 

Right-sided no. 8s

3a6578d54b814e8e0da689d003e52950.jpg

Jermain spotted another bargain on the free, and Dani Ceballos will start on the right of Morten in the Beckham/De Bruyne role. However, he has already pissed the coaching staff off with his poor attitude in training :mad:

3faa91d65d3b669eac15d61227d8326d.jpg

We managed to bring in a player from the NXGN list! Pablo Torre can move the ball really well in midfield and he is very close to starting ahead of Ceballos, especially if the latter does not start to buck up in training. 

Left-sided no. 8s

5b5c8f1228881212cb9176077cfc355d.jpg

Defoe decided to place his trust in youth as he handed a starting spot to young Charlie Patino in our midfield. Doesn't he remind you of a young David Silva?

27ced65cc77d86970126eab3b9a431d4.jpg

Eyüp Aydin extended his loan stay by another year and the youngster will attempt to wrestle first-team football off Patino. It is Germany vs England all over again!

No. 7s

bcae7ae8e7d0fd302dfcbcb781b17a54.jpg

Jermain was delighted when FK Bodø/Glimt allowed a player of Ola Solbakken's quality to join us for a mere 4 million pounds. The Norwegian will play in the inside forward role down our right flank and we are hopeful that he will nod in a few during the course of the campaign.

9e6269f17d2361ea398d29f1cd318f0e.jpg

Patrik Wålemark completes the pair of Scandinavians down our right flank as he provides some much needed competition in the no. 7 spot.

No. 11s

a711ea8b9930e382fffbb803eb7da568.jpg

We have another NXGN player on our books! Tobias Gulliksen will play on the opposite flank of his compatriot and with one Norwegian each on either flank, surely Haaland signs for us to make it a trio in our attacking third?

386b419ac434bf57ac68651408b22cb7.jpg

Kevin Schade came in from SC Freiburg to add another dimension to our attack with his pace and directness. He will push Tobias for a starting spot in our 11.

No. 9s

5567a1a496fbac10921e2e9f0f5028b5.jpg

We had to gamble on potential as the recognised Prem strikers weren't willing to join a recently promoted outfit like us. Tyrese Campbell scored 22 goals for Stoke last campaign and we are hoping that he can bring the goals with him to the top flight. He will be our starting no. 9.

6d9983dd2601716aa98f7786d99d0e20.jpg

Jermain brought Stephy Mavididi back to England after his long spell abroad and he will provide another option in the pressing forward role.

4c891956e7eb9b53d80d0f33cadcef33.jpg

Defoe wanted three strikers in the squad as he plays with a lone striker. Thijs Dallinga concludes our summer transfer businesses as he joins fellow countrymen Branco van den Boomen and Micky van de Ven in our squad.

775c51be026233e02c49450a2a334020.png

Come on you Boro!

Edited by DavidBeckham

On 15/11/2022 at 18:01, steff91 said:

quick question,do you play on key or extended highlights.....great job you are doing,im doing something similar with steven gerrard actually :) 

Thanks mate! I play on key highlights! And good luck with Stevie G too! Thought he was a tad unlucky with the Villa sacking and I'm sure he will bounce back :D

12 hours ago, Brooklyn Jensen said:

It is always fun to play with ex-footballers 😄

Couldn't agree more! ;)

Edited by DavidBeckham

August 2023 - January 2024

13b80ecaf2e5367fe6cf4833fd281751.png

We still can't quite believe how well the lads have adapted to life in the Prem! Defoe's boys are absolutely flying at the mid-way mark, sitting in 3rd place on 46 points, winning 14, drawing 4 and losing 4 in our opening 22 games. We have also been superb defensively, conceding just 15 goals and sitting top of the 'Goals Against' table. However, we haven't had that blip which happens almost every season, and Jermain is hoping that the cushion we have now is enough for us to stay among the European places.

Carabao Cup

710a887cc25886f276849bfe8bf9edf5.png

We were disappointing in the Carabao Cup though, with our second string falling at the first obstacle away at Norwich. We go again next campaign!

FA Cup

6659be2cf195c47b0b7e8803be726d41.png

While we are still alive in the FA Cup, I don't think it will be for long as we face a potential beating by Man UFC in the fourth round. 

Player of the Update

8d09d1373812dea7466a7dbc8b4ec210.jpg

Ola Solbakken may not be the most technically gifted player but his end product has been unbelievable thus far. The Norwegian has already bagged 12 Premier League goals and created a further 7 for his team-mates in just 18 starts. That's more than a goal/assist per game and there aren't many who are more productive than our right-sided inside forward. Long may it continue! \o/

On 18/11/2022 at 17:50, Hootieleece said:

Ola is athletic and tall. He makes up for technical deficiencies with physical prowess and grit. 

A player I would happily have in any side I manage!

Definitely mate! He loves to break the last line of opposition defences and finishes off his chances more often than not! The only downside is he picks up way too many yellow cards! He has ten now and is facing a 2-match suspension :(

15 hours ago, Brooklyn Jensen said:

Incredible first season by Defoe after promotion! Champions League football would be unbelievable achievement!

Cheers mate! The gap has been narrowed since the last update and we are hanging on!

January 2024 Transfers

7c8d6cd49e6c3b9837defd75ab511ce8.jpg

January began with a bang as we secured the signing of a top young talent. Andreas Schjelderup moaned for a move in December due to the lack of 1st team football at PSG and Jermain heaved a sigh of relief as we kept quite a bit of spare cash in the bank. He saved for a rainy day and we are now raining Norwegians in our attacking areas. Haaland, are you watching? ;)

2133c1550cc7404ca8734716734a7515.jpg

Zaidu Sanusi was brought in on loan towards the end of the window as our 1st choice left-back suffered a 3-month long injury. The Nigerian is incredibly quick and we can't wait to see him bomb down our left flank in the second half of our campaign.

4be8857cc9642d702fae3126553fef69.jpg

On an eventful deadline day, the departure of bad trainer Dani Ceballos for 16.5 million pounds funded our upgrade in central defence. Anel Ahmedhodžić came in and is already argubly the best center-back at the Riverside Stadium. Defoe has high hopes for the Bosnian and we are quietly confident that he can stay with us all the way in our journey to the pinnacle of football.

66e5fb9f4b2fa923cc2cd074c673e278.jpg

The last signing was made 30 minutes before the transfer window closure as Cole Palmer finally agreed to come in on loan after rejecting us for Norwich last January. The all-rounded attacking midfielder will attempt to lighten Ola's load down our right flank as he plays second fiddle to our player of the season thus far. 

On 22/11/2022 at 16:38, DavidBeckham said:

January 2024 Transfers

7c8d6cd49e6c3b9837defd75ab511ce8.jpg

January began with a bang as we secured the signing of a top young talent. Andreas Schjelderup moaned for a move in December due to the lack of 1st team football at PSG and Jermain heaved a sigh of relief as we kept quite a bit of spare cash in the bank. He saved for a rainy day and we are now raining Norwegians in our attacking areas. Haaland, are you watching? ;)

2133c1550cc7404ca8734716734a7515.jpg

Zaidu Sanusi was brought in on loan towards the end of the window as our 1st choice left-back suffered a 3-month long injury. The Nigerian is incredibly quick and we can't wait to see him bomb down our left flank in the second half of our campaign.

4be8857cc9642d702fae3126553fef69.jpg

On an eventful deadline day, the departure of bad trainer Dani Ceballos for 16.5 million pounds funded our upgrade in central defence. Anel Ahmedhodžić came in and is already argubly the best center-back at the Riverside Stadium. Defoe has high hopes for the Bosnian and we are quietly confident that he can stay with us all the way in our journey to the pinnacle of football.

66e5fb9f4b2fa923cc2cd074c673e278.jpg

The last signing was made 30 minutes before the transfer window closure as Cole Palmer finally agreed to come in on loan after rejecting us for Norwich last January. The all-rounded attacking midfielder will attempt to lighten Ola's load down our right flank as he plays second fiddle to our player of the season thus far. 

anyways what happen to Dani Ceballos did he flop so bad and got sold right

21 hours ago, LazgoNNO2000 said:

anyways what happen to Dani Ceballos did he flop so bad and got sold right

He has been consistently one of the worst trainers in the squad and Pablo Torres managed to dislodge him in the first-team! It made sense to bag 16.5 million pounds from last summer's free transfer and reinvest in the squad! 

Edited by DavidBeckham

2 hours ago, DavidBeckham said:

He has been consistently one of the worst trainers in the squad and Pablo Torres managed to dislodge him in the first-team! It made sense to bag 16.5 million pounds from last summer's free transfer and reinvest in the squad! 

will you sell Dani next summer and will some clubs buy him right

Season Review 2023/24

0c8e59b6199de86df838ce75a54d06c1.jpg

Die Meister.. Die Besten.. Les grandes équipes.. THE CHAMPIONSSS

7354ad7dd9a5c4a91f144f1a184e3dea.png

We are in the Champions League!! After an incredible debut season in the Prem by Jermain, the lads finished 3rd on 76 points behind the mighty Man City and Liverpool to bag Champions League football. It's an unbelievable achievement by the new signings who adapted so quickly and so well to life in the Prem. 

40917e95c6333b1ddb8444d64712b0a5.png

We were unlucky with the FA Cup draw as we were knocked out in the Fourth Round by Man United after an eventful 3-4 defeat.

4abf7f0a05285f094e034e3ae5d3cabb.png

We really aren't very good in the cup competitions as Norwich knocked our second string out in the Second Round after a 1-2 away defeat. 

b3e6552c258421b07b781c56aca952fa.png

It was no surprise to see Boro's financial situation improve considerably as we establish ourselves as a Premier League outfit. Our Norwegian wing wonder Schjelderup was also our top shirt seller despite joining us only in January. The future certainly looks bright if we can keep doing the right things!

af182c2e27c33c2cc55f4000abca4e5f.png

Our best-performing eleven \o/

Player of the Season

71dcb388e79a57e0a9741f647002bdea.jpg

16 goals, 11 assists, a grand total of 27 goal contributions in just 29 league starts. Need I say more. The 4 million pounds signing from FK Bodø/Glimt must be one of the bargains of the season as he led Jermain's boys' charge up the Premier League table with his terrific end-product. It will be interesting to see if he can keep up his productivity in the upcoming campaigns but for now, Ola Solbakken is by far our player of the season! 

Edited by DavidBeckham

14 hours ago, DavidBeckham said:

Season Review 2022/23

0c8e59b6199de86df838ce75a54d06c1.jpg

Die Meister.. Die Besten.. Les grandes équipes.. THE CHAMPIONSSS

7354ad7dd9a5c4a91f144f1a184e3dea.png

We are in the Champions League!! After an incredible debut season in the Prem by Jermain, the lads finished 3rd on 76 points behind the mighty Man City and Liverpool to bag Champions League football. It's an unbelievable achievement by the new signings who adapted so quickly and so well to life in the Prem. 

40917e95c6333b1ddb8444d64712b0a5.png

We were unlucky with the FA Cup draw as we were knocked out in the Fourth Round by Man United after an eventful 3-4 defeat.

4abf7f0a05285f094e034e3ae5d3cabb.png

We really aren't very good in the cup competitions as Norwich knocked our second string out in the Second Round after a 1-2 away defeat. 

b3e6552c258421b07b781c56aca952fa.png

It was no surprise to see Boro's financial situation improve considerably as we establish ourselves as a Premier League outfit. Our Norwegian wing wonder Schjelderup was also our top shirt seller despite joining us only in January. The future certainly looks bright if we can keep doing the right things!

af182c2e27c33c2cc55f4000abca4e5f.png

Our best-performing eleven \o/

Player of the Season

71dcb388e79a57e0a9741f647002bdea.jpg

16 goals, 11 assists, a grand total of 27 goal contributions in just 29 league starts. Need I say more. The 4 million pounds signing from FK Bodø/Glimt must be one of the bargains of the season as he led Jermain's boys' charge up the Premier League table with his terrific end-product. It will be interesting to see if he can keep up his productivity in the upcoming campaigns but for now, Ola Solbakken is by far our player of the season! 

oh boy that it very quick

you went as Championship Winners to Qualify for Champions League Next Season in middle of 1 year

thank god that you sold Dani to Young Boys he just does not fit it for your tactics anyways

11 hours ago, LazgoNNO2000 said:

oh boy that it very quick

you went as Championship Winners to Qualify for Champions League Next Season in middle of 1 year

thank god that you sold Dani to Young Boys he just does not fit it for your tactics anyways

Yes, I was pleasantly surprised by how quickly the new signings gelled too! Dani does fit into my tactics but he is a tad inconsistent and one extremely poor trainer for some reason :(

Edited by DavidBeckham

Summer 2023/24

22b0b88aa9519c0ae4e061c98500272f.png

Jermain certainly splashed the cash to prepare the squad for our upcoming Champions League campaign..

Goalkeepers

f330d344c43051c82ba0c88ebd8366de.jpg

Jiří Pavlenka did really well for us last season but his contract was expiring in a year and we decided against renewing a 32-year-old's contract. The decision to make a change in our goalkeeping department was made easier by Aston Villa's relegation from the Prem, meaning Emiliano Martínez was available on the market. The Argentinian is an incredible shot stopper and we are delighted to have him to face multiple shots from the big boys in Europe. 

492a602c62286a790b6c98be8231cb85.jpg

Similar to our number one's situation, our backup keeper faced contract expiry in a year's time. We decided to offload Žiga Frelih for some cash and bring in Sergio Rico on loan from PSG as his replacement. The Spanish keeper will provide capable backup for Emiliano in the upcoming campaign.

Defenders

2e9aa8e78d4e3577ef600002e9447aa0.jpg

We spent big to upgrade our central defence as Defoe gave the go-ahead to bring in Mohammed Salisu from Southampton. There aren't many left-footed center-backs on the market and the manager wanted one for more balance in our possession build-up. The decision was also made easier after Reece Oxford moaned for a bigger contract, who was eventually off-loaded back to Germany. Do not threaten Jermain boys. 

96af90a259c884b4dc2ee81e45809357.jpg

Jack Stacey was brought in towards the end of last season after Dion Sanderson struggled to make the step up to the Prem after joining us from Wolves. The Englishman can run all day and he will add pace & energy in our defence and the wide areas.

e2a3640a5cb0997a721e6f100f3a55e5.jpg

There was another new addition at right-back after we made the decision to bring in Tuta for 8.5 million pounds. The Brazilian was only competent at right-back when he joined but he has since trained well at right-back and earned himself a spot in the starting 11. He replaces our vice-captain (Daniel Muñoz) after the Colombian made some high-profile mistakes, including a needless red card last campaign. 

Midfielders

ddea1090edb29e22c3251b111dc58102.jpg

We currently have two left-footed no.8s (Charlie Patino & Eyüp Aydin) in the squad but they haven't developed enough in the past year. There was a need for an upgrade to prepare ourselves for the Champions League, and Bartol Franjić was Jermain's preferred choice. The very fit Croatian will go straight into our starting 11 as our Box To Box Midfielder.

c5d5d763d143648a3e4b4eaa399e16b9.jpg

When a player of Khephren Thuram's quality becomes available for just 16 million pounds, you simply do not turn down such opportunities as our staff drove him personally to the Riverside Stadium to be our new holding midfielder. He replaces Branco van den Boomen in squad, whom Jermain was reluctant to release due to his set-piece prowess. Khephren will start in the no. 6 position and be the side's fulcrum as we work the ball up the field.

Attackers

da29cb7890895d6940db2bf9ea23d786.jpg

We struggled to find strikers to strengthen our fire power in the summer and had to settle on potential in the end. Nelson Weiper is a capable striker for someone his age and he will push Tyrese Campbell hard for a starting spot in our lone striker position.

ad30b0aca8655ff438949e0b0f8b6f1a.jpg

The loan signing of Hugo Duro on deadline day concludes our summer transfer businesses. As we let two strikers (Stephy Mavididi & Thijs Dallinga) leave this summer, we needed a third to complete the squad and Hugo will be our third-choice striker in the upcoming season.

0c40a1f803ad171f3447065e63ebab33.png

We are now all set and ready to go..

6b772366407c09c6cdc99afe5dbd51eb.png

.. and Jermain is really excited to navigate the new format of the Champions League!