[FM23][SKIN] The Annual Show Your Skin thread

TCSSkin

17 hours ago, hyrule_king said:

Credit to the Yacs skin from Fm20 for the header. Also @gimn for the manager details section bottom right. 

Just a personal skin, not for sharing. But cleaned it up a little over the past few days.

262d0f2325ab9c49244c08d270b82b07.jpg

please share...new skins help people to continue playing the game

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, kimmanzambi01 said:

Just a personal skin, not for sharing. But cleaned it up a little over the past few days.

@hyrule_king already wrote that it's not for sharing,

please respect that. 

4 hours ago, kimmanzambi01 said:

No sorry just for my personal use. I am only sharing pics so people can see that someone who didn't know how to even do the very basics at the start of the game can produce a half decent panel with a bit of help and learning off their own back.

Alot of tidying upto do and a home screen and match panels but I am seriously happy with these results, thank you to everyone I have bothered for opinions / feedback etc.  Would love to release something one day, hopefully for FM24 (When I can work up the courage to ask the relevant people for permission to use their work as I have only made a few panels and alterations and used others incredible work) obviously it would look snassier with more graphics but as it's still WIP it's easier on the reload time. 

player.thumb.png.e7801fdc28842118ebb2d83a64c0a293.pngnation.thumb.png.153f4cf4d76f83d3718ea325780178e2.png

human.thumb.png.3aeb342c73484e4a566fa2bd32b84374.pngcomp.thumb.png.59511fd6434efc490291a55415f7d6a7.png

club.thumb.png.378f4e337e66aa869f57392b818d1f1d.png

tact.png

10 horas atrás, JustHowie disse:

Alot of tidying upto do and a home screen and match panels but I am seriously happy with these results, thank you to everyone I have bothered for opinions / feedback etc.  Would love to release something one day, hopefully for FM24 (When I can work up the courage to ask the relevant people for permission to use their work as I have only made a few panels and alterations and used others incredible work) obviously it would look snassier with more graphics but as it's still WIP it's easier on the reload time. 

player.thumb.png.e7801fdc28842118ebb2d83a64c0a293.pngnation.thumb.png.153f4cf4d76f83d3718ea325780178e2.png

human.thumb.png.3aeb342c73484e4a566fa2bd32b84374.pngcomp.thumb.png.59511fd6434efc490291a55415f7d6a7.png

club.thumb.png.378f4e337e66aa869f57392b818d1f1d.png

tact.png

Looks very very good.
Maybe need a bit moore of club colours but, again, it´s really good

34 minutes ago, PequenoGenio said:

Looks very very good.
Maybe need a bit moore of club colours but, again, it´s really good

The problem I am finding with club colours is teams in white or teams in black (also GIMN mentioned team like Norwich) makes everything hard to read. I've set everything most things to follow attribute values to easily be changed around them. 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.a36e922aa4acc5d94908d783ed3bd404.png

some changes.

On 11/06/2023 at 20:59, hyrule_king said:

Been trying to teach myself how to use the adaptive containers, first attempt at player overview on my personal skin.

db2d15ed0e349ce1137f1dae64397dd2.jpg

73054515bf8b5f24b63ac6cb5b620361.jpg

db2d15ed0e349ce1137f1dae64397dd2.jpg

Edited by hyrule_king

30 minutes ago, johnwalker said:

image.png.26e522b7d3ddfea144200052adaa9776.pngimage.png.e632408f502cd1cb1b50cf9bec495334.png

Managed to create a text class that calculates the number of 90s a player has played.

Small achievement in the grand scheme of things, but I am pretty happy with it.

You made it calculate the number.. sounds interesting, care to share ?

image.thumb.png.c6996e2e6c1e30e7c555ca7ec01e5c1f.png

Decided to give the scouting card another go and got the key attributes to populate (highlighting BPD) don't think I've seen this on a skin yet could be mistaken. Also added some information for at a glance viewing not sure on the nationality panel may just go with some eligibility badges

7 hours ago, JustHowie said:

Decided to give the scouting card another go and got the key attributes to populate (highlighting BPD) don't think I've seen this on a skin yet could be mistaken. Also added some information for at a glance viewing not sure on the nationality panel may just go with some eligibility badges

I'm sure I tried to make it works like this, to be able to highlight the key/preferable attributes but there was always something that didn't work properly or didn't populate. 

1 hour ago, keysi said:

I'm sure I tried to make it works like this, to be able to highlight the key/preferable attributes but there was always something that didn't work properly or didn't populate. 

Spoiler

<!-- Attributes -->
                    <container id="atrb" class="player_overview_panel" file="none" minimum_width="300" default_width="-3" priority="1">
                        <translation id="title" translation_id="229822" type="use" value="Attributes" />
                        <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" apply_to_children="true" inset="0,0,0,0"/>
                        <record id="object_property" get_property="Pers" set_property="objt" />
                    <widget class="player_attributes_panel" id="patt" file="player/Just/Player Attribute Display Pop" late_loading="true" dont_allow_custom_attribute_change_ranges="true">
                        <translation id="title" translation_id="229822" type="use" value="Attributes" />
                        <record id="object_property" get_property="objt" set_property="objt"/>
                                                                            <record get_property="pers" set_property="objt"/>
                    </widget>
                </container>

this 100% works for me if you want just change the file paths as needed

Player Attribute Display Pop.xml

10 hours ago, JustHowie said:

it's working on a few skins, but always nice when succeed on making something

4 hours ago, JustHowie said:
  Reveal hidden contents

<!-- Attributes -->
                    <container id="atrb" class="player_overview_panel" file="none" minimum_width="300" default_width="-3" priority="1">
                        <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" apply_to_children="true" inset="0,0,0,0"/>
                        <record id="object_property" get_property="Pers" set_property="objt" />
                    <widget class="player_attributes_panel" id="patt" file="player/Just/Player Attribute Display Pop" late_loading="true" dont_allow_custom_attribute_change_ranges="true">
                                                                            <record get_property="pers" set_property="objt"/>
                    </widget>
                </container>

this 100% works for me if you want just change the file paths as needed

Player Attribute Display Pop.xml 6.61 kB · 4 downloads

Thank you, I should think about just taking the roles popup button instead of the complete position indicator :) Thanks again for the heads up. 

It will look even better when I will have time to find the place where to change that black background colour. 

image.thumb.png.cfc42f4c2ee91e9ff1d8a9f5abba2295.png

21 hours ago, snowofman said:

You made it calculate the number.. sounds interesting, care to share ?

Sure. 

<class class="nineties" parent="match_rating_label" font="text" autosize="all" alignment="left" appearance="">
	<list id="value_list">
		<record min_value="-1" max_value="0" text="-"/>
		<record min_value="1" max_value="9" text="0.1 "/>
		<record min_value="10" max_value="18" text="0.2 "/>
		<record min_value="19" max_value="27" text="0.3 "/>
		<record min_value="28" max_value="36" text="0.4 "/>
		<record min_value="37" max_value="45" text="0.5 "/>
		<record min_value="46" max_value="54" text="0.6 "/>
		<record min_value="55" max_value="63" text="0.7 "/>
		<record min_value="64" max_value="72" text="0.8 "/>
		<record min_value="73" max_value="81" text="0.9 "/>
		<record min_value="82" max_value="90" text="1.0 "/>	
  	</list>
</class>

As I am sure you can imagine it requires a lot of lines :D. Happy to post the file if useful, I used a python script to create it up to 4000 minutes. Thinking about it that's probably not enough either :D.

<widget class="nineties">
	<record id="object_property" get_property="POmi"/>
</widget>

Then call the widget with minutes and it should calculate.

7 minutes ago, johnwalker said:

Sure. 

<class class="nineties" parent="match_rating_label" font="text" autosize="all" alignment="left" appearance="">
	<list id="value_list">
  	</list>
</class>

As I am sure you can imagine it requires a lot of lines :D. Happy to post the file if useful, I used a python script to create it up to 4000 minutes. Thinking about it that's probably not enough either :D.

</widget>

Thank you for sharing, i agree it would require alot of lines. But still gives food for thoughts :)

1 hour ago, johnwalker said:

Sure. 

<list id="value_list">
  	</list>
</class>

</widget>

Wow. I’ve never been able to get a text string to work. This means that I can easily change values per numerical value for each attribute, removing the need to use images.

This - quite small - little finding could reshape my whole skin. Can I ask how you found it? Most of my work has been from learning from other classes etc so interested to see what I’ve missed!

33 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

Wow. I’ve never been able to get a text string to work. This means that I can easily change values per numerical value for each attribute, removing the need to use images.

This - quite small - little finding could reshape my whole skin. Can I ask how you found it? Most of my work has been from learning from other classes etc so interested to see what I’ve missed!

Honestly, just trial and error. When you and @GIMN first started using classes for metrics I liked them, but I've always preferred text so was messing around trying to get them to work for me.

I've only recently come back to skinning, but I really don't have the skill of you and others so my progress is quite slow.

Main problem I ran into on this was numbers in text classes don't work by themselves. You'll notice I have a space in the text field.

I've had a very brief mess round this evening, but I didn't manage to get attributes to work. If you can would you mind sharing that with me please.

Edited by johnwalker
Error.

On 14/06/2023 at 14:20, keysi said:

Thank you, I should think about just taking the roles popup button instead of the complete position indicator :) Thanks again for the heads up. 

It will look even better when I will have time to find the place where to change that black background colour. 

image.thumb.png.cfc42f4c2ee91e9ff1d8a9f5abba2295.png

I ended with this after some playing with the scouting card. It looks better and more compact in combination with the default "bg" I'm using within the skin and I'm glad I finally had time to edit it properly. I only wanted to move the squad comparison part from the right bottom corner to the left bottom corner to use some space but it didn't populate so I will try it later. 

image.thumb.png.4dbf5b27f7260415670ac7077f5e7f15.png

23 hours ago, johnwalker said:

Honestly, just trial and error. When you and @GIMN first started using classes for metrics I liked them, but I've always preferred text so was messing around trying to get them to work for me.

I've only recently come back to skinning, but I really don't have the skill of you and others so my progress is quite slow.

Main problem I ran into on this was numbers in text classes don't work by themselves. You'll notice I have a space in the text field.

I've had a very brief mess round this evening, but I didn't manage to get attributes to work. If you can would you mind sharing that with me please.

I was also unable to replicate this for attribute values but will keep trying. Could I please pinch the 4,000 line minutes code though?

53 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

I was also unable to replicate this for attribute values but will keep trying. Could I please pinch the 4,000 line minutes code though?

Sure, I've amended the code to go up to 5,400 minutes (60 matches) and to two decimal places.

nineties.xml

Edited by johnwalker

7 hours ago, keysi said:

I ended with this after some playing with the scouting card. It looks better and more compact in combination with the default "bg" I'm using within the skin and I'm glad I finally had time to edit it properly. I only wanted to move the squad comparison part from the right bottom corner to the left bottom corner to use some space but it didn't populate so I will try it later. 

That looks amazing. I have tried so hard to remodel this in my edited TATO’s skin and just had zero luck. Given up at this point. Good to see others having success. 

7 hours ago, keysi said:

Looks nice. very similar to this one

personally i like having these into on the scorecard at first look, but understand ppl with laptops benefit from tabs.

sc.thumb.PNG.47095d6e50310e6e007d6a9f130fe23f.PNG

4 hours ago, snowofman said:

Looks nice. very similar to this one

personally i like having these into on the scorecard at first look, but understand ppl with laptops benefit from tabs.

sc.thumb.PNG.47095d6e50310e6e007d6a9f130fe23f.PNG

It's very similar :) I don't have tabs on this screen either, I wanted/want to have this simple and straightforward. I can't imagine having tabs here in combination with how many clicks you have to do to pass all the recommendation cards. I like you have the positions indicator here near the attributes, I think I will have to look again to add it here too to make it, even more, easier to highlight roles/attributes. 

28 minutes ago, keysi said:

It's very similar :) I don't have tabs on this screen either, I wanted/want to have this simple and straightforward. I can't imagine having tabs here in combination with how many clicks you have to do to pass all the recommendation cards. I like you have the positions indicator here near the attributes, I think I will have to look again to add it here too to make it, even more, easier to highlight roles/attributes. 

Sorry for quoting myself again. This is probably the reason and issue why I didn't leave the position indicator here in the past as it doesn't highlight attributes no matter what I select. It, somehow, is not connected between indicator and attributes. 

3eee98c7f843d77ba24493e38d27ed14.gif

6 minutes ago, keysi said:

Sorry for quoting myself again. This is probably the reason and issue why I didn't leave the position indicator here in the past as it doesn't highlight attributes no matter what I select. It, somehow, is not connected between indicator and attributes. 

it needs to be in the same container as the attributes

10 minutes ago, keysi said:

in player scout reports analysis subpanel

i call a file that contains this

<panel save_session_state='true'>
	<layout class="horizontal_arrange" horizontal_layout="795,-1"  />
    <boolean id="should_force_refresh" value="true"/>

<!-- LEFT SIDE CONTAINER -->
    <container>
        <layout class="horizontal_arrange" horizontal_layout="205, -1" />

<!-- PIC AND PERSONAL DETAILS -->
        <widget class="player_positions_indicator_panel" file="player/player positions">
		</widget>

<widget class="player_attributes_panel" id="patt" late_loading="true" dont_allow_custom_attribute_change_ranges="true" file="player/player attributes">
		</widget>

</container>

</panel>

File path simplyfied as mine is a mess currently

24 minutes ago, snowofman said:

it needs to be in the same container as the attributes

Thanks for pointing out the fact it has to be in the same container. I had it within the same container but in the "player scout reports analysis subpanel.xml" and that was the reason. 

I moved the position indicator widget code to the "player attributes panel for scouting centre.xml", edited it slightly and it works great now. 

Thank you ;) 

133588927d950d859238116247e7469e.gif

2 minutes ago, keysi said:

Thanks for pointing out the fact it has to be in the same container. I had it within the same container but in the "player scout reports analysis subpanel.xml" and that was the reason. 

I moved the position indicator widget code to the "player attributes panel for scouting centre.xml", edited it slightly and it works great now. 

Thank you ;) 

133588927d950d859238116247e7469e.gif

you're welcome and nice you got it working :) 

3 hours ago, snowofman said:

in player scout reports analysis subpanel

i call a file that contains this

<panel save_session_state='true'>
	<layout class="horizontal_arrange" horizontal_layout="795,-1"  />
    <boolean id="should_force_refresh" value="true"/>

<!-- LEFT SIDE CONTAINER -->
    <container>
        <layout class="horizontal_arrange" horizontal_layout="205, -1" />

<!-- PIC AND PERSONAL DETAILS -->
        <widget class="player_positions_indicator_panel" file="player/player positions">
		</widget>

<widget class="player_attributes_panel" id="patt" late_loading="true" dont_allow_custom_attribute_change_ranges="true" file="player/player attributes">
		</widget>

</container>

</panel>

File path simplyfied as mine is a mess currently

Are you able to send that file across mate?

23 minutes ago, MattyEssTTV said:

Are you able to send that file across mate?

it's not just a few files, it's all tangled into the Scoutcards in the mails and scoutcentre.

and making them usable for others will take too forever and as said above, my paths is a mess 

14 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

Sits nicely in here. Thanks!

a33f60a0eac54588cfbc931c1005df33.png

Nice.

I have been seeing what else I can change with this text find.

Latest one was to change the wording on player style class so for example changed "Physical" to "Physically Imposing".

Such a shame it won't work on attributes :( 

Just now, johnwalker said:

Nice.

I have been seeing what else I can change with this text find.

Latest one was to change the wording on player style class so for example changed "Physical" to "Physically Imposing".

Such a shame it won't work on attributes :( 

It works on all statistics, though. Which means that I can take a basic, like this:

be34a977c7b8b3679fd2896aea4e0a06.png

72f9e170b1962ce419911e4b49f4a23a.png

And then create a 'statistical overview' of the player, in bullet point format. Who knows...

Are there any skins with the stadium picture (the one you're playing in) as a matchday panel? I play in 2D and it would be a nice touch to be able to see a picture of the pitch during the game. Or does anyone have a panel for that or knows how to make one?

2 hours ago, Heisen6er9 said:

Are there any skins with the stadium picture (the one you're playing in) as a matchday panel? I play in 2D and it would be a nice touch to be able to see a picture of the pitch during the game. Or does anyone have a panel for that or knows how to make one?

No, the graphic is not in any of the skinning files. I'm going to assume by the timing of your question you have already seen the thread in which someone has had help achieving this? If not the answer you're looking for on how to achieve this yourself should be there.

14 hours ago, johnwalker said:

Been messing with the idea of making a "player profile" out of player style and best role.

An example with Kevin De Bruyne, I've basically reworded the game text as I am not very original :D 

image.png.48c8a61f16dd489bc605ff8e7d95d5c1.png

What from this is actual class and what from this is just generic text strings? How does it compare to another player?

1 hour ago, _Ben_ said:

What from this is actual class and what from this is just generic text strings? How does it compare to another player?

Depends what you mean by generic text strings.

I can use the class to pull the player style and best role then write whatever text string I want. The one I've shown is similar to game default because I lack imagination. However, every "Intelligent Mezzala" would have the same text string.

I was hoping to be able to use duty to give a bit more variation but I can only pull defend/support/attack rather than Mezzala attack as an example. So if I wrote text strings around duty they'd be the same regardless of role or position.

2 hours ago, johnwalker said:

Depends what you mean by generic text strings.

I can use the class to pull the player style and best role then write whatever text string I want. The one I've shown is similar to game default because I lack imagination. However, every "Intelligent Mezzala" would have the same text string.

I was hoping to be able to use duty to give a bit more variation but I can only pull defend/support/attack rather than Mezzala attack as an example. So if I wrote text strings around duty they'd be the same regardless of role or position.

By that, I meant how much comes from that class or from text. To have that ‘minuted played’ descriptor, the number is the class and the rest is just widget class=“text” for that. 

Interesting results there though. Can you not pull anything from the Mez(a) description within the tactics panel, for example? 

I really like these little additions that you’re making - what does your player profile look like now?

23 hours ago, johnwalker said:

Been messing with the idea of making a "player profile" out of player style and best role.

An example with Kevin De Bruyne, I've basically reworded the game text as I am not very original :D 

image.png.48c8a61f16dd489bc605ff8e7d95d5c1.png

Great work there. Is it possible to add text to say the current/potential ability headings, to say for example for a 5* Potential player , "Could become World Class"?

Cannot stay away from skinning, as much as I try...

I have started to build a 'statistical overview' panel, that is similar to the attribute overview. With this, I can then click into season/per90 stats (top - circles at present) and then delve further into pizza graphs, FBREF bars etc etc.

8216ef174dea433f5f8a526542978afb.png

a52867fb53302eba0a93d9afbd96285a.png

Need to go through and get the rest of the metrics turned into text strings, and then play with them enough to make them what I want.

What do people think?!

6 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

Cannot stay away from skinning, as much as I try...

I have started to build a 'statistical overview' panel, that is similar to the attribute overview. With this, I can then click into season/per90 stats (top - circles at present) and then delve further into pizza graphs, FBREF bars etc etc.

8216ef174dea433f5f8a526542978afb.png

a52867fb53302eba0a93d9afbd96285a.png

Need to go through and get the rest of the metrics turned into text strings, and then play with them enough to make them what I want.

What do people think?!

The stuff you and Gimn keeps making amazes me, and this is no exception.. it's suits perfectly into your skin and how you've build it up.

it's good learning for everyone else, but please don't burn yourself out. it would be ashame if you did.

15 minutes ago, snowofman said:

The stuff you and Gimn keeps making amazes me, and this is no exception.. it's suits perfectly into your skin and how you've build it up.

it's good learning for everyone else, but please don't burn yourself out. it would be ashame if you did.

Thank you. I am someone who loves to learn and I enjoy the process. Ignoring the repetition of classes that are just there to prove it populates, I've already moved this idea on quite a bit:

9e840c433b34e9a1ea9b8e4370814e2f.png

It'll only show the areas that are above the 75th percentile (blue) and 90th (gold). The average rating bar isn't correct, yet, but it's just an idea that I see as the landing page for the statistical outputs I have within my skin.