[FM23] 5TATMAN (Version 5.0 - Updated 17.09.23)

_Ben_

17 分钟前, _Ben_说:

Thanks for the feedback. I am writing this quite carefully as I don't want to come across rude or arrogant in this reply. Firstly, the translation issues are something that I apologise for but will not be fixing or providing a full list of where to find fixes. Initially, when I first started skinning, I was unaware of the use of the translation_ID that is used to change languages so a lot of the attributes don't have that built in. Furthermore, the text strings are things that I have made and, as I only speak English, I haven't translated them. They are located in the graphics files but would not be easily editable, in my opinion, as I am the one with the template.

In terms of the changes that you've suggested - and, again - not being arrogant here, they are design choices I've made and you'll need to look through the xmls in order to find the solutions because you've asked for a lot of different things. For example, the time it spent me to code the buttons to show the text strings rather than the attributes means that I won't be unpicking that for people that don't agree with my choice.

The one fix that I will give you is to add the faces. It's saved in my person properties.xml file, so, if you haven't already, close the game and re-open it. You will then be able to find 'mugshot' in the list and it can be added anywhere.

dd60f0a2105c020d9299a2aa85075b99.png

You don't need to apologize!Thank you very much for your reply, there is no disrespect to you, I will edit the above questions, if it caused you unpleasantness,I apologize to you

I understand your philosophy of making attribute-free skins very well,I will continue to play the game with the skins you made.Thank you for all your efforts, apologize again and wish you a happy life and all the best,Peace and love

Edited by kaiiiii

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@_Ben_ apologies, can't remember if I've mentioned this before but some of the font is slightly blurry (not sure if a scaling issue) in the "MENTAL" report (see below).

image.thumb.png.5e428f7c7c78f9ea5b04d230a550de19.png

Also, when managing an international team, I'm unable to use the arrow to show the attributes panel when viewing my own NT players... not sure if this is deliberate or not?

image.thumb.png.e278399a74398427028e13f44cad8d7d.png

7 hours ago, SAMiles said:

@_Ben_ apologies, can't remember if I've mentioned this before but some of the font is slightly blurry (not sure if a scaling issue) in the "MENTAL" report (see below).

Which ones in particular? I can remake any that don't look great...

7 hours ago, SAMiles said:

Also, when managing an international team, I'm unable to use the arrow to show the attributes panel when viewing my own NT players... not sure if this is deliberate or not?

What you've actually done here is exposed something I should have checked a long time ago. It appears that NT profiles use the 'not human owned' template. I will have to look into that because you can't see attributes etc then!

4 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

Which ones in particular? I can remake any that don't look great...

What you've actually done here is exposed something I should have checked a long time ago. It appears that NT profiles use the 'not human owned' template. I will have to look into that because you can't see attributes etc then!

weird. for some reason a screenshot looks fine for the font... I'm wondering if its a scaling issue? Currently playing on a 1920 x 1080 screen with 85% zoom?

1 hour ago, SAMiles said:

weird. for some reason a screenshot looks fine for the font... I'm wondering if its a scaling issue? Currently playing on a 1920 x 1080 screen with 85% zoom?

That’s the same as I play in. I had noticed it with one keeper attribute, I think, but - as I have a world class keeper, I’ve not been in the market - and, as such - looking at keeper attributes! Will keep an eye out. 

I lied when I said I was done...

5e3f29c94a262f712005dac910e20b6e.gif

New upgrades to the stats area including an overview page where you can see the initial details:

895ba3fefeb23444bc8c45ea58aa27e0.png

With a nice little animation, too, and some handy little explanation popups:

1ac8cfd044963943102c468fd4eede9f.gif

Added a panel where you can dig into some more match stats whilst on the profile page:

a8778eb781293871e5475f4afc38cb91.png

And then tidied up a few other things, too!

Edited by _Ben_

Amazing work Ben. Do you consider adding some missing attributes like crossing & jumping to attribute description texts? 

Also a small mistake I think. In the folder Statman\graphics\icons\custom\role rating\circular 15.xml is excellent while 16.xml is good.

1 hour ago, _Ben_ said:

New upgrades to the stats area including an overview page where you can see the initial details:

Added a panel where you can dig into some more match stats whilst on the profile page:

These look great @_Ben_. Another update incoming? :lol:

2 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

love this :D

20 hours ago, deniz said:

Amazing work Ben. Do you consider adding some missing attributes like crossing & jumping to attribute description texts? 

Also a small mistake I think. In the folder Statman\graphics\icons\custom\role rating\circular 15.xml is excellent while 16.xml is good.

Great spot! Thanks!

I may add some more to the descriptors, yes. I don't want every attribute (mainly because there isn't enough vertical space) but I agree that some are a little light.

18 hours ago, SAMiles said:

love this :D

2 hours ago, jamiemca123 said:

Looks great!

Thanks both!

Added a few extra graphical representations as I'm winding down my skin making. There'll be another release at some point pretty soon I guess:

b5e8b4379a66142fe791fa7212294935.png

Nothing looks too different on the face of it, but the right arrow animates a nice little additional box that moves in, shuffling everything along one and removing the AR - temporarily - from view:

b690e26dcb9a397c597233e4566dc1ab.png

cd6b9f7c894421feacd75c9e6f8aa9bd.png

1e6632b7c40d8e350dd1f6b2231783f9.png

1b765486bb914df020e3958bf6635f75.png

I like the pressures one because there is no measure of Pressure Success and I feel that, whilst the actual graphic is a little 'rough around the edges' - it does show that.

---

I don't think I'll ever stop looking for things to do and to create for this but I do need to put some time into playing the game now I've got all of the stats up and running like I wanted.

Edited by _Ben_

I've also been looking at the profile panel as a whole and, for the next release whether to create a mod that means you can change the default attribute view. It is literally a case of changing 'true' to 'false' on in a panel to go from this:

8ceb923e9ee09be3cf3290e3da6e3a9e.png

to this:

a5b664ed4e06d15d116193283675265b.png

Obviously, you can navigate between the two but ‘landing’ on a different panel does create a very different effect.

I know that my text based approach isn't what everyone wants but they may have originally come for the stats so returning it to just the singular focus may be nice. I'll need to look at the ease in which I can create a mod to change that too for non-human controlled players, but I'll get there!

Edited by _Ben_

12 hours ago, Punch said:

The changes look great, can’t wait to try them out :applause:

34 minutes ago, dieguitoch said:

Hello ! I just discovered this skin... your work is amazing... game changing... thanks a lot for all your efforts !!! :applause:

Thanks both.

Putting together a simple 'Mod' folder with a few easy things to change - starting with the aforementioned profile.

I've also finally decided to upgrade the tactical panel to match the rest of the theme:

d03125c1b4c2d3dc3afd4f0602e34379.png

Plenty more to sort here but it's a start and I like it more than the other one...

14 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

Thanks both.

Putting together a simple 'Mod' folder with a few easy things to change - starting with the aforementioned profile.

I've also finally decided to upgrade the tactical panel to match the rest of the theme:

d03125c1b4c2d3dc3afd4f0602e34379.png

Plenty more to sort here but it's a start and I like it more than the other one...

loving the screen, would you be looking to do a custom team news screen with both clubs showing?

On 02/07/2023 at 02:42, SAMiles said:

loving the screen, would you be looking to do a custom team news screen with both clubs showing?

Probably not. I have tried to slim that panel down because it’s used in the pre-match briefing but on a smaller scale and I found it didn’t resize too well. There is the next opposition report in the data hub though that is quite informative. 

On 01/07/2023 at 21:11, _Ben_ said:

I've also finally decided to upgrade the tactical panel to match the rest of the theme

Hi Ben, any ideas when the update will be released? Keen to try it out on the new season.

Thanks again for all the work you put into this

2 hours ago, Punch said:

Hi Ben, any ideas when the update will be released? Keen to try it out on the new season.

Thanks again for all the work you put into this

I must apologise that I had no idea you’d got a career thread going and had used my skin for it! Thanks for showcasing my work and using something I’ve spent hours crafting.

I just need to find 10 minutes to clean up the folders and get it zipped up. The longest part is editing the posts to show the current skin but expect it up this week - maybe even this evening. 

9 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

I must apologise that I had no idea you’d got a career thread going and had used my skin for it! Thanks for showcasing my work and using something I’ve spent hours crafting.

I just need to find 10 minutes to clean up the folders and get it zipped up. The longest part is editing the posts to show the current skin but expect it up this week - maybe even this evening. 

No problem at all, I am loving the skin and have been happy to give you credit and point people to this thread that have asked about it.

Oh that's awesome! Looking forward to seeing how it looks.

Thanks again!

• _Ben_ changed the title to [FM23] Statman v4.1 - Updated 04.07.23

Thank you for your effort, time, really hard work and creativity Ben. :applause:

By the way these I have listed above are quite good attributes for a player. I like it. Do you have a newgen in the game? :lol:

Really like the new Club affiliates panel. Is there anyway to get Youth Recruitment & Junior Coaching added to the right panel? I tried to copy the bottom section (Rep, Training & Youth Facilities) and add it underneath hoping that I could then adjust the newly added rows to include Youth Recruitment & Junior Coaching, but the copied section wouldn't show up. I have no idea what I'm doing!!

Edited by Watson156

40 minutes ago, Watson156 said:

Really like the new Club affiliates panel. Is there anyway to get Youth Recruitment & Junior Coaching added to the right panel? I tried to copy the bottom section (Rep, Training & Youth Facilities) and add it underneath hoping that I could then adjust the newly added rows to include Youth Recruitment & Junior Coaching, but the copied section wouldn't show up. I have no idea what I'm doing!!

8 minutes ago, snowofman said:

That affiliates page right side looks very familiar :) 

Thanks but this part was actually an accident! I'd looked at the SAS skin and then hadn't removed it and gone back to work in something that I was looking at doing. Consider that panel still a WIP - I just got sidetracked!

2 minutes ago, keeper#1 said:

The right panel, in my opinion, really crowded.  Too much info in a panel that's too small.  Any advice on how I can see more player info.

9b32edc87b032d4d5ae6c54526bfa35e.png

Knew this would divide opinion.

Personally, I made the view, below:

18459c0d663cadb93b9f4c7776661fc4.png

That just shows a team sheet style list of names because, for me, I use the squad panel to pick the team just this to do my final checks. However, completely appreciate that this is personal preference. It's quite easy to shrink the size down but that does lead to a smaller pitch:

50% of the pitch:

a106ac97122f9c72832eef727e2ef7bf.png

50% of the pitch (with info being 25% of the pitch):

55ea263820dd16558bb30bd56c3995dd.png

66% of pitch (with info being 33% of pitch):

972a053ce45e9e26c079cdffd4bb4e4f.png

100% of the pitch (with info being 33%):

e6d51fb569edd67d31270a28103514bc.png

---

Interested in opinions here, please!

2 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

Thanks but this part was actually an accident! I'd looked at the SAS skin and then hadn't removed it and gone back to work in something that I was looking at doing. Consider that panel still a WIP - I just got sidetracked!

That just shows a team sheet style list of names because, for me, I use the squad panel to pick the team just this to do my final checks. However, completely appreciate that this is personal preference. It's quite easy to shrink the size down but that does lead to a smaller pitch:

50% of the pitch:

---

50% imo and it's all good, just said it looked familiar ;) 

1 minute ago, snowofman said:

just said it looked familiar ;) 

I was trying to pull through, basically, a Club Info styled panel in there, with league table, key players etc. I'll get back to it at some point.

11 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

50% of the pitch:

---

I like the 100% option because I can see the position played in the right panel. 

Just now, keeper#1 said:

I like the 100% option because I can see the position played in the right panel. 

was thinking that myself, I personally prefer having as much info as possible on the tactic screen

21 hours ago, SAMiles said:

was thinking that myself, I personally prefer having as much info as possible on the tactic screen

Interesting. Will have a further play around.

21 hours ago, SAMiles said:

@_Ben_ not sure if you were able to look into the issue where attributes don't show for NT and B team players (only tested as Real Madrid manager)

I haven't, no. Will get to look at this also although it's potentially quite a complex fix, if I can do it, at all.

21 hours ago, keeper#1 said:

No option to accept or decline the interview.  

EDIT: Going to 85% zoom out has resolved the issue.

Interesting that it's cut off the bottom. Probably down to the size of the original panel (not edited) and the fact that I've reduced the size of the inbox panel. In finding that out, I had a play and moved it above - going for that Outlook vibe of having the action buttons at the top (obviously, not in green). What do you think?

0a327c2b67948c61526c114ab29ec4d4.png

16 hours ago, Punch said:

Just updated and had a quick look around. So far so good, loving the updated player panels.

Great work Ben, thanks for all the effort you have put into this.

Thank you so much! Anything you find that is broken or could be improved - let me know!

3 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

Interesting that it's cut off the bottom. Probably down to the size of the original panel (not edited) and the fact that I've reduced the size of the inbox panel. In finding that out, I had a play and moved it above - going for that Outlook vibe of having the action buttons at the top (obviously, not in green). What do you think?

0a327c2b67948c61526c114ab29ec4d4.png

Thank you so much! Anything you find that is broken or could be improved - let me know!

I like it at the top.  Thanks for looking into it.

3 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

Thank you so much! Anything you find that is broken or could be improved - let me know

The only thing I noticed so far, as keeper advised above, is the inbox seems to be cutting the bottom of emails off, so sometimes you miss some of the options available.

Going to 95% helps a bit (I find 85% too small) although it still chops through the bottom of the lowest option(s) and I sometimes find myself catching the windows task bar instead of the option…I know, first world problems :lol:

I’ll Chuck a screen shot in later when I get a chance, otherwise, looking good so far with what I have looked at.

Just some screen shots of my previous comment:

Sample1.thumb.png.42605314595077cc299c48b79ceedc1a.png

Sample2.thumb.png.eb129856947fb08f7a1d951b0e914aac.png

Sample3.thumb.png.20d42338c3c00d0e9947d5fd6ffaac8c.png

This is at 95%, just seems to clip off the bottom row of options. Not really a huge inconvenience, just sometime I find myself hitting the windows task bar, instead of the button I want to hit.

6 hours ago, Punch said:

Just some screen shots of my previous comment:

Sample1.thumb.png.42605314595077cc299c48b79ceedc1a.png

Sample2.thumb.png.eb129856947fb08f7a1d951b0e914aac.png

Sample3.thumb.png.20d42338c3c00d0e9947d5fd6ffaac8c.png

This is at 95%, just seems to clip off the bottom row of options. Not really a huge inconvenience, just sometime I find myself hitting the windows task bar, instead of the button I want to hit.

9 hours ago, Punch said:

The only thing I noticed so far, as keeper advised above, is the inbox seems to be cutting the bottom of emails off, so sometimes you miss some of the options available.

Going to 95% helps a bit (I find 85% too small) although it still chops through the bottom of the lowest option(s) and I sometimes find myself catching the windows task bar instead of the option…I know, first world problems :lol:

I’ll Chuck a screen shot in later when I get a chance, otherwise, looking good so far with what I have looked at.

Yeah - this was an oversight on my behalf. Had reduced the panel size but forgot that a lot of the actual email ‘styles’ are driven by a vertical height. Moving the actions buttons to the top means you’ll always see them but there may be more necessity for a scroll bar to see all your info. I’ll let that run for a bit and see what I think and, if not, I can always make the inbox take up the entire page again. 

34 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

Yeah - this was an oversight on my behalf. Had reduced the panel size but forgot that a lot of the actual email ‘styles’ are driven by a vertical height. Moving the actions buttons to the top means you’ll always see them but there may be more necessity for a scroll bar to see all your info. I’ll let that run for a bit and see what I think and, if not, I can always make the inbox take up the entire page again. 

All good mate, as I said, not really a huge drama, just something I noticed that was different. And it does only seem to be that inbox screen from what I have seen so far.

Maybe I should pay more attention to what I am doing and make sure I press the right place :lol:

In other news, the updated player panels are awesome, I am really liking those. :applause:

Le 04/07/2023 à 22:19, _Ben_ a dit :

The 100% with 33% has also my vote !... I think the things on the left (Familiarity, etc), could also be narrower as it doesn't give any important information....

Anyway, thanks for the update and your efforts !

Le 30/06/2023 à 21:01, _Ben_ a dit :

1b765486bb914df020e3958bf6635f75.png

Sorry if it has already been asked but I can't find the info... what do the "yellow", "blue" and "green" icon on the left mean ? Are they all positive or are some negative ?

Also, how to have a position in the center of the (analytic) pizza... I only have a "?"... is that normal ? 

Thanks a  lot !!!

3 hours ago, dieguitoch said:

Sorry if it has already been asked but I can't find the info... what do the "yellow", "blue" and "green" icon on the left mean ? Are they all positive or are some negative ?

Also, how to have a position in the center of the (analytic) pizza... I only have a "?"... is that normal ? 

Thanks a  lot !!!

The little 'i' explains that:

e7873bb7c0d63a12a5cc6113d85b6cbf.png

And, yes, that's as intended. I wanted the pizza to compare across all players:

c6a2b6267e0ea3c20f3d8d39fd998aa8.png

52 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

Just finished a nice little comp screen rebuild, with, as you'd guess, some buttons!

2d824eb082a50dabc8cb0dd70f93c592.png

b3df86940c27da5dd02d7f78bcb1171c.png

6cc3aafc6ccac9241c8f2a4beed03eb6.png

708ae51d61241f44b25147f8e7357f71.png

---

Let me know what you think!

I think it looks very nice :thup:

Btw., I recently edited the affiliate page in a very similar way to you, but I kept the buttons from the default file and added the club details/info I'm using also in the club overview. I will add some more when I will have time and some idea of what to add here too. 

image.thumb.png.9e539302a3b683eb6460ff912edd587f.png

1 hour ago, keysi said:

I think it looks very nice :thup:

Btw., I recently edited the affiliate page in a very similar way to you, but I kept the buttons from the default file and added the club details/info I'm using also in the club overview. I will add some more when I will have time and some idea of what to add here too. 

image.thumb.png.9e539302a3b683eb6460ff912edd587f.png

very nice info and layout indeed

But just for a little info - Ben didnt edit the page this way :) it was borrowed.

But the Affiliate recommend page has been edited the same way for Fm24 as it was previously forgotten.

20 minutes ago, Lilly said:

@_Ben_
Hello. I find your Talent and your Ideas for Fm23 Skin amazing.
One Thing: it is possible, that you can set the Language also to German in your Skin?

that it is possible to play the fm23 with german words. ( i mean all words, what are including for the Section Skin Text = headings and more, because the whole Language in the fm23 Game is german in my Case.)
at the moment, when i try your Skin, all Text is in English, (all Stuff for Skin Editing)

That would be fantastic, because then, i can use your Skin, when i start my Career in FM23.
Thanks for Infos.

NOTE: Given that the attributes are now displayed via an image, they are somewhat hardcoded in English and, therefore, there will be no alterations to languages from now on. Apologies.

Taken from the 1st post

1 minute ago, Lilly said:

Hello snowofman - thanks for reporting. Okay,  too bad, probably nothing can be done.

it's always a hard choice to make. 
I believe Ben previously said that because he started making this Skin for himself, he made a decision to remove / rename som stuff to suit panels etc better

and going back through all the codes will be another big hassle and take alot of time. and then he has to remake panels and stuff. 
Ben will probably explain it better himself, he's quite active :) 

Just to say that the idea to put attributes in words is just amazing for the immersion !:applause:

It feels (more) like your talking to your scouts/assistants... that's brilliant ! I really hope that SI will notice it and do something like that in the future as it seems that more and more people wants to play with no attributes !