Recruitment Focus Set Up - Lack of Recommendations

So, i am starting to think this feature is not working, or i am just doing it all wrong. i just cant understand why im not being recommended players.

Ive set up focuses for lots of position and ive probably been recommended about 5 players now. Loads of players just stay in the 'In Progress' tab despite being an A+ recommendation with extensive knowledge. They stay 'In Progress' for weeks/months and never get recommended.

I will give an example of whats going on.

Here is my recruitment focus for ST. It is pretty basic to maximise the players it can find

1183275091_STFocus.png.580148856d51d26122db4df25eea5ef0.png

From this focus i have been recommended this one player below. Not very good either.

Recommended.thumb.png.30510a96fc1055f6cfbfe2388ef6f334.png

The players below are the ones that refuse to move from the 'In Progress' tab to the 'Recommendations' tab. I just cant see why they are not being recommended. Ive spoke to all their agents and some are just not interested in a move, but some are keen and i can afford them and their wages. Out of the 24 'In progress' players 18 of them are at leats an A- recommendation. Got to be something not working here.

708187009_InProgress.thumb.png.d736d203cc95733a88f0a11f9d84aab1.png

3 minutes ago, obasa_G said:

I think the players will not move until the priority focus is over. The focus usually takes 2-3 weeks if I remember correctly.

They are ongoing focuses, and they have been going on longer for a 2-3 weeks. Seems a bit stupid that they might move over after a certain point/time. If the scout has extensive knowledge then just move him over to recommendations then 

Edited by wicksyFM

1 minute ago, wicksyFM said:

They are ongoing focuses, and they have been going on longer for a 2-3 weeks. Seems a bit stupid that they might move over after a certain point/time. If the scout has extensive knowledge then just move him over to recommendations then

Just did a quick simulation to find out how long it takes before the in-progress list starts reduces and the scouts start giving recommendations or near matches. It takes about a month and a half before you start seeing a bit of progress on your ongoing focus. 

2 hours ago, obasa_G said:

Just did a quick simulation to find out how long it takes before the in-progress list starts reduces and the scouts start giving recommendations or near matches. It takes about a month and a half before you start seeing a bit of progress on your ongoing focus. 

This is not what is happening for me. Those A+ players with Extensive knowledge that are in the ‘In Progress’ tab have not ever been recommended to me. Months now they have just sat in the in progress tab. 

On my BETA save, I was asking it to recommend players who were young, 21 and under. Issue with it was related to the "close alternatives", with results bringing up players over 30.

Up to 24 years of age (25 at a stretch) and I can understand why the scouts might suggest them, but not over 30.

This was with Manchester United and good quality of scouts.

Just an example of confusing fluff making a decent system unworkable. Keep scouting simple:

Set your scouts to focus on a position and age range within certain nations. Every week/two weeks they send a list with star recommendations for CA and PA and links to in depth reports. You know... How it used to be.

Given there's no clear indication of how it's supposed to work, this may not be right, but here's the way I view it. 

If you are giving your scouts minimal information in the hope they will bring back a wider list of players, I don't think that's how it works this year. I have had better success and had bigger lists of players if I narrow down the search more. This may be due to your scouts having a specific assignment and having tangible parameters with which to work with rather than basically telling them to just go out and find anyone. How do they know if the player is what you're looking for if you widen the search so much? 

That's my take on it. And as I said, it's due to the differences in responses when I've narrowed down the search. It may well be the search for more players ISN'T working as intended, but things seem to be working ok for me having understood how I THINK it's supposed to work. 

1 hour ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Given there's no clear indication of how it's supposed to work, this may not be right, but here's the way I view it. 

If you are giving your scouts minimal information in the hope they will bring back a wider list of players, I don't think that's how it works this year. I have had better success and had bigger lists of players if I narrow down the search more. This may be due to your scouts having a specific assignment and having tangible parameters with which to work with rather than basically telling them to just go out and find anyone. How do they know if the player is what you're looking for if you widen the search so much? 

That's my take on it. And as I said, it's due to the differences in responses when I've narrowed down the search. It may well be the search for more players ISN'T working as intended, but things seem to be working ok for me having understood how I THINK it's supposed to work. 

Maybe SI should pop on here and give a detailed view on how it works, people are clearly having problems with it (if its working how its supposed to and SI know how its supposed to work). I've set a few things and had them come back with nothing and i've had others come back with a handful of players.

It shouldnt be so difficult for them to put up a post on how this new "feature" works.