FM23 beta vs full game on November 8

What differences can I expect on November 8 when the full game is released compared to the Beta I have today? I'm debating wether to start my real, serious, save now or wait until next week.

I know the editor isn't available until next week, but I don't think I'll change anything there.
A few attributes will change from what I've heard? Will they update automatically or do I need to start a new save for that? What else could SI change that I need to start a new save for? 

Not planning on playing tons of hours until November 8, basically just setting up my tactics/training/staff etc...

Should I wait another week?

1 hour ago, FrazT said:

Game and bug fixes will be save game compatible and will not require a new save.  Any data changes will require a new save to take effect.

Will any league rule changes (eg implementation of VAR in SPFL or non-neutral semi final grounds in the Carabao Cup) need new saves?

17 minutes ago, gothenburg83 said:

Will any league rule changes (eg implementation of VAR in SPFL or non-neutral semi final grounds in the Carabao Cup) need new saves?

Yes, normally rules are hard coded and will need a new save to take effect

Continuing a beta save into full release is always a bit of a gamble.  'Save game compatible' means only that technically you can continue not that your save game will be unaffected by the change.  The ME will almost certainly have been tweaked between beta and full release and in the past this has had quite significant effects on tactics established in the beta.  If you are happy to risk having to go through a 5-10 match recovery phase, then continue from the beta.   ME changes always have that risk and I wish there was an option to delay applying ME changes being picked up until between seasons.

Any league rules or database changes will require a new save to pick up, so there's that to consider as well.

Personally, I always treat the beta as a chance to try things out and to feedback any issues I find to SI. I always start my first proper save when the full release comes out.

Edited by rp1966

3 hours ago, rp1966 said:

Continuing a beta save into full release is always a bit of a gamble.  'Save game compatible' means only that technically you can continue not that your save game will be unaffected by the change.  The ME will almost certainly have been tweaked between beta and full release and in the past this has had quite significant effects on tactics established in the beta.  If you are happy to risk having to go through a 5-10 match recovery phase, then continue from the beta.   ME changes always have that risk and I wish there was an option to delay applying ME changes being picked up until between seasons.

Any league rules or database changes will require a new save to pick up, so there's that to consider as well.

Personally, I always treat the beta as a chance to try things out and to feedback any issues I find to SI. I always start my first proper save when the full release comes out.

This is why I’m waiting until the game comes out. 

Seems the smart decision if you want to play the game as realistic and with as much quality as possible is to wait until November 8.

Is there any coming patches/updates in the next few days/weeks after November 8 that could argue for waiting even longer?

(Excited af to get going, but don’t want to miss out on important updates before I start my first long term save)

44 minutes ago, Stevmon said:

Seems the smart decision if you want to play the game as realistic and with as much quality as possible is to wait until November 8.

Is there any coming patches/updates in the next few days/weeks after November 8 that could argue for waiting even longer?

(Excited af to get going, but don’t want to miss out on important updates before I start my first long term save)

Based on previous years, I suppose there will be a minor update after about 2 weeks after the release day (unless the game will be bug free, which I doubt), then a major update in the middle of December. Then, there should be 1 major update in February and 1 final update in March.

3 hours ago, Stevmon said:

The only update you'd likely have to worry about is the February one which updates things with the January transfers. Any other updates will likely just be bug fixes and should apply to existing saves too.

33 minutes ago, rusty217 said:

The only update you'd likely have to worry about is the February one which updates things with the January transfers. Any other updates will likely just be bug fixes and should apply to existing saves too.

And frankly, whilst there will always be an army of moaning minnies slating every new release, in recent years betas have been more and more complete, to the point this year when there are no game-breaking bugs for most people (given that most people don't progress many years into a save - and by 'most' I don't mean 'most on this board'). I'll be starting a new save because my team isn't playable in the beta, but in general, it seems to me continuing a beta save will be more viable than ever before.

If I want to start a Man United save on beta, but only play the pre season (changing staff, setting tactics/training, squad planner etc) before the release - I shouldn’t miss out on anything that isn’t existing save compatible?

I mean, no PL rules should change and what data changes are not save game compatible? Do they mean change of players attributes? 

8 minutes ago, Stevmon said:

If I want to start a Man United save on beta, but only play the pre season (changing staff, setting tactics/training, squad planner etc) before the release - I shouldn’t miss out on anything that isn’t existing save compatible?

I mean, no PL rules should change and what data changes are not save game compatible? Do they mean change of players attributes? 

Also late changes to personnel, like you might not have Emery as boss of Villa, or a new Wolves gaffer.

13 minutes ago, Stevmon said:

True… basically just trying to convince myself to start the save now, but have to face the facts 😂 another few days of waiting…

You're not alone mate, I can't stand the waiting too... Didn't bother to start any save in beta, just been using it to check players etc., and now I miss playing FM more and more every day. I'm really addicted 😂

Im pretty sure theres usually a data update on release day, so i wait to start my main save untill then.

Then the other main data update is around Feb, after the winter transfer, generally when most feel the game is fully released :D

On 02/11/2022 at 20:53, prot651 said:

The editors both Pre and in game will have changes.  Usually refinements but you never know

Am I missing something, as have not been able to locate the pre or in game editors.  If I recall, the in game last year was available to buy on release day. 

Edit - pls disregard as just read on another thread about Nov 8 release.

Edited by Phil930