Game too hard and 5 star wonderkids

Has anyone managed to grab any wonderkids maybe on loan and not developed ones? all my side are potential 5 star wonderkids, i managed to get Nacional promoted from the Portuguese Second Division, I strengthened  my squad (see pics) and have tampered with my tactics not all at once but i have tried every instruction and my players do not do anything they are supposed to, passing is awful, the wingers don't bomb forward, the midfield is missing in every game, and the striker either tap the ball or balloon it way over. it's over the top they look like they haven't played the game. This (see pic) is the longest spell without a win i've ever had in any game 18 games now. conceding massive amounts of goals and hardly score.. What's happening!!

Screenshot (28).png

Screenshot (30).png

8 minutes ago, wilfyRJM1979 said:

Has anyone managed to grab any wonderkids maybe on loan and not developed ones? all my side are potential 5 star wonderkids, i managed to get Nacional promoted from the Portuguese Second Division, I strengthened  my squad (see pics) and have tampered with my tactics not all at once but i have tried every instruction and my players do not do anything they are supposed to, passing is awful, the wingers don't bomb forward, the midfield is missing in every game, and the striker either tap the ball or balloon it way over. it's over the top they look like they haven't played the game. This (see pic) is the longest spell without a win i've ever had in any game 18 games now. conceding massive amounts of goals and hardly score.. What's happening!!

Screenshot (28).png

Screenshot (30).png

It’s possible I’m misunderstanding, but from the way you’ve written it, it sounds like you’ve put together a team full of players based on their POTENTIAL, and then been surprised that their CURRENT performance in a top flight league is poor?

what is your squad looking like in current ability?? the step up in league might just be to quick for your team i don't think game is too hard its good in fact too finally see some challenge in a fm game as its normally just click and continue

Well, even the barcelona youth team would get hammered in la liga.. The game very much knows when you only field kids, don't underestimate FM. I was kicked out of our national cup in the first round just yesterday because I've played too many youngsters against some lower league band of ruffians and got kicked out of the competition 1:0..

Edited by SC00P0NE

I'm only in the Portuguese top league i do have experienced players mixed in just not many. My defenders are 19 and 31, i have put together a very young side, i'm hoping they click i wasn't expecting to win this league, but 18 games without a win! and the players are supposedly potentially brilliant can't kick a ball. I watch the games in depth.. 

1 hour ago, Mcfc1894 said:

what is your squad looking like in current ability?? the step up in league might just be to quick for your team i don't think game is too hard its good in fact too finally see some challenge in a fm game as its normally just click and continue

You think? i hope so if i survive this season do you recommend keeping them together in the hope they all start to gel? my players current ability is around 3 stars. lowest 2.

Edited by wilfyRJM1979

40 minutes ago, samrnpage said:

There seems to be a huge proportion of players who hyperfixate on youth players and youth players only and then wonder why they are not winning games. Unless it's a youth challenge, build the team properly and not just 16/17 year olds. 

Youngest is 19 mate i'm talking 20, 21, 22..

1 hour ago, wilfyRJM1979 said:

You think? i hope so if i survive this season do you recommend keeping them together in the hope they all start to gel? my players current ability is around 3 stars. lowest 2.

Don't forget the star ratings are:

a) Relative to the rest of your squad and not the league at large. 

b) Based on your coach's opinions and therefore potentially quite flawed depending on how good your coaches are at judging these things. 

But based on point a especially, if your squad's best player isn't that great for the league, then those 3 star players are likely to be weaker than you think they are. 

20 hours ago, wilfyRJM1979 said:

my players do not do anything they are supposed to, passing is awful, the wingers don't bomb forward, the midfield is missing in every game, and the striker either tap the ball or balloon it way over.

Create a thread in the tactics forum, your midfield is missing indeed! 1 wide, 2 deep and  no one in the hole, advanced forward on top to emphasize the problem. And your wingers cant bomb forward if they're IFs running straight into that BWM on top of 2 CBs.

17 hours ago, janrzm said:

It would help to see your tactic and players to be honest. I can't recall ever seeing a run of results like that in 30 years so congrats on that. 😂

He posted it in another thread already and it was horrendous, as you would expect. IIRC, a 4-3-3 with a bunch of Playmakers and multiple Advanced Forwards, your typical balls to the wall setup.

A classic case of...

dJFwKGg.png

18 hours ago, wilfyRJM1979 said:

Youngest is 19 mate i'm talking 20, 21, 22..

Still five years off their prime depending on their position. What are your players like for leadership and that kind of thing? With young players, you very often get weak mental skills, their ability to come back in games is reduced and they tend to panic. On my current FM22 save, I was about 6th or 7th with Everton, signed Ward Prowse and won the league.

I'd recommend looking at your tactics, but also bring a few experienced players in and see if that makes a difference.