*Official* Football Manager 2023 Feedback Thread

Off-topic - I accidentally came across this Freddy Guarin video from FM 2005, and I must say, I really miss those curved long shot goals like the one you can see on 1:29

I may be wrong, but I don't really remember seeing curved long shot goals in recent versions in 2D. In fact, I don't remember when was the last time I said "wow, what a goal"

I am not talking bad about new versions don't get me wrong, but man, I miss those times when I just played the game, didn't think about ME flaws, if something is unrealistic and such.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How do I get rid of the animated ad boards during games? I play in 2D which means you're shown every single ad board at once throughout the game, which can be incredibly distracting when they're constantly changing. It's the equivalent of flashing banner ads except it's a game that I've paid £30 for. There used to be no ads at all in 2D, SI changed that. You used to be able to lower your graphic settings to get rid of them, SI changed that. You used to be able to delete a file to get rid of them, SI changed that so the game now crashes instead. Now I've tried changing the stadiums in the pre-game editor to uncheck the digital ad boards box but that makes no difference. It's very frustrating - I want to be able to focus on the match, not generate ad revenue for SI

Edited by 91427

2 hours ago, 91427 said:

How do I get rid of the animated ad boards during games? I play in 2D which means you're shown every single ad board at once throughout the game, which can be incredibly distracting when they're constantly changing. It's the equivalent of flashing banner ads except it's a game that I've paid £30 for. There used to be no ads at all in 2D, SI changed that. You used to be able to lower your graphic settings to get rid of them, SI changed that. You used to be able to delete a file to get rid of them, SI changed that so the game now crashes instead. Now I've tried changing the stadiums in the pre-game editor to uncheck the digital ad boards box but that makes no difference. It's very frustrating - I want to be able to focus on the match, not generate ad revenue for SI

Try this: https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2023-bugs-tracker/match-engine-art-animations-facegen-manager-creator-and-sounds/jerky-3d-r8348/page/7/?tab=comments#comment-80893

On 13/12/2022 at 21:48, Peter G said:

Promises are too strict. Too key players have now changed to Hurt and Angry because I couldn't upgrade Training Facilities and Didn't play one in his preferred position. We've just been promoted. The board rejected my request and he's been playing much better as a AF than a Poacher. It shouldn't be so much that it completely flips things. Annoyed? Yes but that's too much

The promise of upgrading training facilities really isn’t one for a manager to make. Quite annoying.  

Please, please, please can you "adjust" the frequency of the "OH MY GOSH, A NEW POSITION!?!" line of questioning during press conferences.

It feels like you've fallen in to that classic game designer trap of "we've thought of a new idea, lets use it a lot!"

It's nice to have some new questions to freshen up press conferences but I feel like it's being used out of context in a way that's forced. If I put a player in a new and unusual position, particularly one he's not familiar with at all, then I understand. But it seems to spam me with the question after every single match just because I'm playing a player in any position other than their natural one.

In my current save I'm getting asked after almost every match at the moment about my Trequartista and Mezzala (both Accomplished at CAM and CM respectively) and we're 18 games in to the season and they've played 17 and 16 games solidly in those roles in exactly the same formation. I feel like the sentiment you were going for isn't exactly what's being communicated. 

On 14/12/2022 at 22:03, jc1 said:

Still too many forwards trying shots from the most ridiculous angles, just spoils some good passing and build up play leading up to it.

Tried a DOF and the 1st player he tries to buy is a RB, erm we have 2 good ones already, will be starting again without him.

Maybe the RB has flaws that don't suit your style?

Lower division teams with more than 94% passing accuracy is completely unrealistic. It is not possible that those who watch football think this is normal. I accept ME errors, wrong AI decisions, but statistics like this should not happen in a SIMULATOR that values statistics and data

Dont know if its just me, but every time an agent asks for a better contract for a player, its always after a game where the player did awfull. I'm talking 6.4 or lower ratings

Its like me taking a crap on my boss's desk and then asking for a raise. Its so immersionbreaking

Edited by eXistenZ

5 minutes ago, eXistenZ said:

Dont know if its just me, but every time an agent asks for a better contract for a player, its always after a game where the player did awfull. I'm talking 6.4 or lower ratings

Its like me taking a crap on my boss's desk and then asking for a raise. Its so immersionbreaking

I recently had a player finish a match with a 6.2 rating, and when I criticized him for it, his response was that I was being unfair.

SAY, WHAT???

17 hours ago, 2feet said:

Maybe the RB has flaws that don't suit your style?

One is a solid pro, other is a 20 yr old, maybe thinks I need 2 solid pro RB's, not at Hibernian , don't have the  budget for two top earners in each position, hence the squad has youngsters to fill it.

Physical degradation of players should be tweaked to drop more after a certain age. I am sure there are no current players at 34 that play at top level and have that speed? Although i could be wrong of course.

This could be the reason that the AI keeps selecting them in their national squads? I mean if you didn't see his age you would think he's 28 at max.

image.thumb.png.22bfde58d94868483a5444a1d7690540.png

On 16/12/2022 at 07:34, rp1966 said:

The fixture scheduling algorithm is so good these days ...

image.thumb.png.66455eeefc94717b37690a4a8c970f1b.png

image.thumb.png.dfc085e136d672f19e221e00bf3836eb.png

I remember a couple of editions ago I had the Spanish 3rd division play-offs, and my entire team went on holiday because the game assumed the season had finished so I had to play grayed out players :lol:

2 hours ago, andu1 said:

Physical degradation of players should be tweaked to drop more after a certain age. I am sure there are no current players at 34 that play at top level and have that speed? Although i could be wrong of course.

This could be the reason that the AI keeps selecting them in their national squads? I mean if you didn't see his age you would think he's 28 at max.

image.thumb.png.22bfde58d94868483a5444a1d7690540.png

his natural fitness is 20 that is why he is able to retain his physical abilities longer but yes I agree that it should be toned down a little bit but not as much as it was in like FM20 or FM21

6 hours ago, DarJ said:

his natural fitness is 20 that is why he is able to retain his physical abilities longer but yes I agree that it should be toned down a little bit but not as much as it was in like FM20 or FM21

its much better now imo, top players are far better conditioned these days and can keep playing and maintaining a high physical level until their mid 30's on a regular basis.maybe it could be tweaked down a touch but its far better than before when most players were physically finished in their early 30's.

The composition of Napoli's squad in the first season is such that it is impossible to register everyone for the Champion's League. They have too many foreign players and not enough home grown talent. With little room in the transfer budget or wage department to make changes to the squad, I was forced to leave out my 5th choice centre back and a back-up attacking midfielder.

Both players immediately complain and despite my attempts to apologise and explain the registration restrictions, both have asked to leave the club. On its own, this is no big deal. The problem is, 20 of my squad agree with them and I've I lost the dressing room over it before a ball has been kicked in the competition.

I'm losing the will to play this game as each week passes. SI need to address the utterly flawed player interaction and dynamics module.

Hope FM23 hasn't neglected the minor leagues this time even the licensed leagues weren't fixed by the last update.

Northern Ireland had the championship clubs playing twice after the split meaning games every other day.

Latvian clubs seem to all pay in Riga and the board believe that finishing third in a 10 team league is disappointing when the expected you to finish in the top half wonder if this has anything to do with the league increasing it's members after.

Was playing club world cup and made it to final against Bayern Munich. Final was 15:00 and 12:33 my wonderkid was called up to Gold Cup with Mexico. I know national team is important but is it that important that you have to leave your team immediately? Couldn't he wait for 3 hours, win the cup and then start travelling? 

Needless to say I lost the final when tournament top scorer was taken from me.

Screenshot_1307.png

Screenshot_1305.png

Screenshot_1304.png

Screenshot_1303.png

4 hours ago, XaW said:

@Saradiamanta - Are you using any custom editor files or something? If you are, try without, and if you are not, please create a thread in the bug tracker so SI can investigate.

Solved. Yeah its because custom database. But it still even bug when i'm unchecked all custom database. Then i deleted custom database then it solved normal again.

There's not many times I wish I could roll back to the old patch, but this is one of them.

Teams pass it between their back line with very little consequence. The football is much less enjoyable to watch now, plus there are additional bugs.

The patch has made this game way less enjoyable

18 hours ago, NoobGoneBad said:

Was playing club world cup and made it to final against Bayern Munich. Final was 15:00 and 12:33 my wonderkid was called up to Gold Cup with Mexico. I know national team is important but is it that important that you have to leave your team immediately? Couldn't he wait for 3 hours, win the cup and then start travelling? 

Needless to say I lost the final when tournament top scorer was taken from me.

Screenshot_1307.png

Screenshot_1305.png

Screenshot_1304.png

Screenshot_1303.png

How you getting Endrick to join AIK by 2025? 

spacer.png

Edited by dannyfc

1 hour ago, dannyfc said:

Were there 3 patch last year, or just the 2? How many had ME updates?

Hoping we get some more tweaks in January but nervous if they're just going to settle on the possession issue until next year. My save has ground to a halt since the patch. 

Should be one before Xmas i hope

8 minutes ago, alian62 said:

Should be one before Xmas i hope

We've already had the pre-Christmas patch

1232616333_AndrewWilkins_Inbox-3.thumb.png.07e897af83bfef9e5d3db8ad68c7958a.png

This has been broken for years. I offer Nketiah out for lower wages and the same clubs say they are not interested/can't afford it. It's so frustrating how many things like this, player interactions etc are broken.

If you go to "World" --> Managers and general: That list has just no purpose at all. Its just a random list of all the managers in game.  Why cant this list be turned into a list sorted by manager reputation, so that you can see how your reputation is and grow compared to the other managers? (this was in earlier versions, but suddenly disappeared some years ago.

And disappointed to see that the passing completion rate is far to high for almost every single team in the game. Find a way to lower it to make the difference between the teams larger, now Cambridge have the same passing completion rate as Brentford....it should be at least 10-15% lower.

7 minutes ago, Renyy said:

Mentality is a noob trap. Adjust attacking/defensive intention based on solidity and space between players, not mentality. 

Bit of luck that I did that then.

I dropped the players a bit, got them to not press as high and for the full backs to not bomb forward. 

My issue isn't that I lost, it's how I lost. Being countered 3 times makes absolutely no sense whatsoever

Obviously won the return leg 3-0 because winning your home games is far too easy

1 minute ago, Renyy said:

So you adjusted a bunch of things for when out of possession, but lost the game in transition. I'm not sure what the issue here is. 

well the issue clearly is that I wanted my players to soak up pressure and not commit too many bodies forward. My team did the complete opposite. 

2 hours ago, Nessaja Wolf said:

I know we had a update patch a few weeks ago, just wondered if there was still the usual pre-Xmas patch being released this week? (don't want to start a long-term save if there is one due).

I wouldn't get my hopes up

3 hours ago, Nessaja Wolf said:

I know we had a update patch a few weeks ago, just wondered if there was still the usual pre-Xmas patch being released this week? (don't want to start a long-term save if there is one due).

There will no be any ME patch until February

All years there are only 2 patches to the ME , in December and in February.

13 hours ago, Renyy said:

Mentality is a noob trap. Adjust attacking/defensive intention based on solidity and space between players, not mentality. 

Not True. Mentality can perfectly be used together with other instructions such as defensive line and pressure. 

Edited by ejleal

• Administrators

Have noticed a few people raising bugs in here recently - can I please remind you to flag anything you come across via our Bug Tracker here? - https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2023-bugs-tracker/

If you have save games that show it (say for scheduling issues or when supporter feedback is showing something off as well, please do upload those when creating a ticket and let us know the file name. Details on how to upload here - https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/instructions-and-notes/how-to-upload-files-to-us-r98/

Thanks. 

14 hours ago, ajw10 said:

Tried to go defensive at 2-1, so naturally my team went all out attack and left huge spaces in behind for Inter to exploit.

Make it make sense.

Inter v Arsenal_ Review.png

Have You changed to cautious ou defensive mentality? In my opinion, That can sometimes invite too much pressure, unless you make several other (in my opinion) more complicated changes. What i usually do (i started making this when i was 1 man down) is change positive to balance mentality, drop defensive line to normal e pressure 1 notch (i use Max pressure), and put the winger in the ML/MR positions. Usually works. 

7 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Have noticed a few people raising bugs in here recently - can I please remind you to flag anything you come across via our Bug Tracker here? - https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2023-bugs-tracker/

If you have save games that show it (say for scheduling issues or when supporter feedback is showing something off as well, please do upload those when creating a ticket and let us know the file name. Details on how to upload here - https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/instructions-and-notes/how-to-upload-files-to-us-r98/

Thanks. 

Are we getting a update b4 Xmas? This stutter is ridiculous. Only when play in big stadiums it’s becoming ridiculous now was fine b4 update... I’ve been posting here since update now been nearly 4 weeks... and a lot of us can’t play the game we purchased to full effect? Is the acceptable? I’ve done everything you suggested an sega suggest the same thing.. so are we just ment to put up with it?

4 hours ago, Lpool1 said:

Are we getting a update b4 Xmas? This stutter is ridiculous. Only when play in big stadiums it’s becoming ridiculous now was fine b4 update... I’ve been posting here since update now been nearly 4 weeks... and a lot of us can’t play the game we purchased to full effect? Is the acceptable? I’ve done everything you suggested an sega suggest the same thing.. so are we just ment to put up with it?

Exactly ... Ive paid for a product that doesnt work as the manufacturer claims it should 

Imho the 3D Match presentation is better than ever (presentation the key word - how smooth it looks, more animations etc.).

As i only started recently its to early to have any conclusions about realism etc.

I use the realism pack, names mod and the german lower league mod and start in Tier 6 - as Semi Pro Team with a pay per play Team and no contracting ability in this Tier 6 it is ruthless playergrabbing.

I dont know the state of CaC, it stopped working with mods a few version of FM ago and i have to use the ingame editor for my colours and kit, stil can not use another generic Club-emblem while the editor is quite more expensive this year.

I do not try the stand alone editor anymore since it never worked for me and messed up data and languages badly so i have given up on that one and not tested it ever since.

I had to this date no crash whatsoever.

I miss a "Light Skin" very badly but Mustermann has a data format in displaying player stats that is to spaced out - i like the classical one more as it gives me anything on a glimpse in a smal area and not spaced out over the whole screen.

Dark Skins mess up my eyesight after a short while and exhaust me early.

Pls bring back the Light Skin!