*Official* Football Manager 2023 Feedback Thread

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not related to the anticipation of the update, but I hope they can do something about the job centre. It is a minor thing, but I think it is unnecessary to have to filter out all the jobs. Is anyone interested in what clubs have a vacant position for scouts or physios? I want to know what jobs are available to me. It doesn't take long to filter, but it shouldn't be there.

I’m one who’s struggling to play in this current state also. Will try again on the 28th Feb as worst feared… Looks like I’ll be a Wizard in Hogwarts Legacy, rather than a Football Manager for the weekend!

Edited by kiingallen

4 minutes ago, jc1 said:

I'm just looking forward to a ME that I can play my own tactic instead of relying on a plug and play one from the brilliant Knap, shouldn't have to use tactics which exploit the ME to win games.

Uh, you don’t. I’m using two of the default tactics given by the game (first FM I’ve ever done this - and I’m a dinosaur). A couple of tweaks here and there and my teams are all performing above expectations. By a lot.

11 minutes ago, jc1 said:

I'm just looking forward to a ME that I can play my own tactic instead of relying on a plug and play one from the brilliant Knap, shouldn't have to use tactics which exploit the ME to win games.

I've never understood when people make this kind of comment. I also say a streamer saying he feels like to win he is forced to play a certain way and I'm not sure that's true. I've played with 5 different systems so far and they have done what I expect them to do so I don't know where this type of comment is coming from. Maybe you can enlighten me and help me understand for example how you are trying to play and what's going wrong with it

40 minutes ago, jc1 said:

Umm do you know how football works? 

I love FM23's player development. 180+ PA wonderkid.

I get the personality playing a role (although he's been mentored by model citizens for 3 years), but how do you start for Barcelona every other game and DROP 3 points in a key attribute like crossing?

sergio.png

sergio1.png

2 hours ago, DarJ said:

I've never understood when people make this kind of comment. I also say a streamer saying he feels like to win he is forced to play a certain way and I'm not sure that's true. I've played with 5 different systems so far and they have done what I expect them to do so I don't know where this type of comment is coming from. Maybe you can enlighten me and help me understand for example how you are trying to play and what's going wrong with it

The issue is maybe connected to moral/form idk, some games most of the players do as I tell them but some games they play the opposite of that... especially if I remove "play more disciplined" they tend to do as they want...

This does not apply to wing players especially the IF who refuse to run with the ball towards goal....straight up refuse, they go to the byline, stop turn around and the cycle continues.....

Also the goalkeepers are way too good at shot stoping from close range but if it's a long shot it's a 50/50 chance for goal.

Edited by FM1000

7 minutes ago, FM1000 said:

The issue is maybe connected to moral/form idk, some games most of the players do as I tell them but some games they play the opposite of that

I can understand that but at the same time the players are not robot and the instructions you are giving them isn't an order, it's more of you guiding them to do something. I'm not saying they should always ignore the instructions however, I'm sure Klopp doesn't put out his Liverpool team to concede  goals after scoring 2

9 minutes ago, FM1000 said:

This does not apply to wing players especially the IF who refuse to run with the ball towards goal....straight up refuse they go to the byline, stop turn around and the cycle continues

This is a ME thing and unfortunately we can't do anything about that although they still play differently compared to traditional wingers.

10 minutes ago, FM1000 said:

Also the goalkeepers are way too good at shot stoping from close range but if it's a long shot it's a 50/50 chance for goal.

I don't know about this but I'm tired of my players taking long shots for no reason when there is a better passing option close to them

6 hours ago, DarJ said:

Every formation and style I've played is more direct than I want (except when I've tried playing route one styles, I guess).  Several times per game (and that's just watching highlights; it's probably dozens of times  per game if watching the full match), players will hit passes with their first touch or on the volley from back to front, just smashing the ball forward as far as they can.  Midfielders frequently have periods where they watch the ball just sail over their head.  Using the formation I brought over from '22, my pass numbers were down by like 30% per match.  The other day, I scored a depressing goal -- opposition goal kick long to my centerback --> my centerback volleys it back to their centerbacks --> their centerback dwells on it for a bit and hits it long back to my centerbacks --> my centerback hits it long for my striker to run onto.  Classic stuff to give Brian Clough an aneurysm. 

Edited by Sunstrikuuu

4 hours ago, Mitza said:

I get the personality playing a role (although he's been mentored by model citizens for 3 years), but how do you start for Barcelona every other game and DROP 3 points in a key attribute like crossing?

Crossing is a problem for full backs, I think that unless you put them in the attacking unit they won't get crossing training, unless you make it a focus.

It's definitely something that needs look at/explained out by SI.

Edited by Dotsworthy

10 minutes ago, Sunstrikuuu said:

Every formation and style I've played is more direct than I want (except when I've tried playing route one styles, I guess).  Several times per game (and that's just watching highlights; it's probably dozens of times  per game if watching the full match), players will hit passes with their first touch or on the volley from back to front, just smashing the ball forward as far as they can.  Midfielders frequently have periods where they watch the ball just sail over their head.  Using the formation I brought over from '22, my pass numbers were down by like 30% per match.  The other day, I scored a depressing goal -- opposition goal kick long to my centerback --> my centerback volleys it back to their centerbacks --> their centerback dwells on it for a bit and hits it long back to my centerbacks --> my centerback hits it long for my striker to run onto.  Classic stuff to give Brian Clough an aneurysm. 

what level are you playing at? I had the same problem playing in the Danish 4th and third tier and it has always been that way in the lower leagues apart from last year but to solve that I lowered the passing to the minimum and the tempo to one notch above minimum and the players generally kept the ball well but the centerbacks will still hoof it from time to time which is fair

4 hours ago, Mitza said:

sergio.png

sergio1.png

There's no way this guy is 180+ PA. Also, 10 tackling for a fullback on a elite side? Uhm...?

13 determination as well...

Edited by Sanel

7 hours ago, Tyburn said:

Uh, you don’t. I’m using two of the default tactics given by the game (first FM I’ve ever done this - and I’m a dinosaur). A couple of tweaks here and there and my teams are all performing above expectations. By a lot.

try playing an away match