*Official* Football Manager 2023 Feedback Thread

4 hours ago, The unknown said:

i hate the fact that results like these occuring every other game, doest even suprise me anymore.

image.thumb.png.cb3e4d42e120b7a876c4e44334e77be0.png

It is your tactic, my friend :) 

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

I admit this happens in real life, so I do not care but sometimes you just know that you not gonna score. But there is so many other annoying issues than this.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps I'm ignorant and getting annoyed at nothing. But is there a specific reason china got its own update (you could have updated the leagues with later transfer windows while you were at it), but my main question is...

Why is Taiwan labeled Chinese Taipei (China PR) in game? I get the Chinese Taipei part, but WHY the (China PR)!? Is that SI claiming that China owns Taiwan? Because the only other states which have the same labelling is Hong kong and Macao, which both officially are ruled by China. Taiwan has been its own nation according to FIFA for a LONG time, so why did SI feel the need to specify (China PR)? Just asking, because it seems weird to me. There might be an actual reason, and I'm just ignorant, but to me this seems insane.

20 hours ago, The unknown said:

i hate the fact that results like these occuring every other game, doest even suprise me anymore.

Tell me about it. My rubbish attack of Pedri, Kane and Bellingham missing sitters whilst average teams score worldys. The BS isn’t in the individual results it’s in the lack of explanation. Everything in FM feels like guesswork because the explanations are so vague.

IMG_2102.png

Posted this elsewhere but this game needs some massive adjustments. There's very little longevity in a game that is built on longevity.

Won the treble with Nice in my fifth season, sealing back to back CL's.

My best player Thuram won't sign a contract, he has two years left, but even though he's arguably the best CM in Europe, clubs are lowballing. Tycoon owned Villarreal offered around £80m including add ons which I reluctantly accepted. Thuram of course rejected. He won't sign a new deal but he also doesn't want to leave.

There's also no jobs available that are of interest.  Not that I want it, but PSG haven't sacked their manager despite having a trophyless season and not winning the League since 2024 (it's 2027 currently). 

Napoli and Dortmund only qualify for the Europa League, managers not sacked. Barcelona haven't won anything in 2 years, Xavi is still there. Real Madrid have won 2 leagues and 1 CL in five years, Ancelotti hasn't been sacked. 

Clubs should be knocking on my door and wanting me to manage their club. Nothing.

I also got this

Spoiler

AndrewWilkins_Inbox-9.thumb.png.5297dfe4801774e3426255669d882043.png

Kvaratskhelia turning me down for Liverpool is absolutely fine, but the reason is nonsense. 

There's a lot of issues with this game, but stuff like this makes any sort of longetivity really difficult. I can't move unless I take a massive step backwards and join Wolfsburg.

9 hours ago, ajw10 said:

Posted this elsewhere but this game needs some massive adjustments. There's very little longevity in a game that is built on longevity.

The issue, at least in my view, is that the game still depends more on reputation rather than results. And to a degree it should be like that in certain cases. If you look at the players who are willing to sign for teams below their current level due to past greatness it happens a lot in real life too. New success will draw in players, but even though Leicester won the league they also lost some of their best players that summer to teams who had done worse (Mahrez, Kante), as the prime example. Other slightly less obvious ones are Varane and Casemiro joining Man Utd when they did as a clear step down rather than up.

I do with FM took success a bit more into account though, both for reputation increase, but also to actually join a winning side. I've had players asking to leave to play for clubs in lower tiers due to the same reason as you got "They have a better squad", when that just don't make much sense, as I'm playing in the tier above!

2 hours ago, Weller1980 said:

Didn't want to start a new thread but I wanted to check avg age of teams as I'm 10 years into the game world can someone please explain how? Thanks 

Squad planner -> Report -> Assistant report

There you can see all the stuff with your team and the average of the league at least. Not sure if you can check teams individually other than doing the math yourself. I'll have a look and will post if I find somewhere else.

Edit: Found it.

image.png.1e2954b791027a152bce68db67ab62c7.png

On 24/05/2023 at 08:12, XaW said:

The issue, at least in my view, is that the game still depends more on reputation rather than results. And to a degree it should be like that in certain cases. If you look at the players who are willing to sign for teams below their current level due to past greatness it happens a lot in real life too. New success will draw in players, but even though Leicester won the league they also lost some of their best players that summer to teams who had done worse (Mahrez, Kante), as the prime example. Other slightly less obvious ones are Varane and Casemiro joining Man Utd when they did as a clear step down rather than up.

That would be fine in case of one season shocks like Leicester, but in FM we're talking about long term domination. You can take a small club, win 10 CLs in a row (literally), be the top club in the world in reputation (according to in-game chart), the richest club etc. and players will STILL want to move to Many City/PSG/Real M./Bayern and the likes, because you are not deemed as big as them.

How in holy hell is the stadium expansion bug still in the game - l mean, seriously? 

This is literally game-breaking and was reported as a bug in the year of our lord two thousand and seventeen, this is the sixth consecutive year SI have released a broken game, really not good enough. 

I have just ran an interesting experiment, I (CFR Cluj, 1st in the league) have played away to U Cluj (9th in the league) around 30 times with differing tactics,team talks and in game managment and in every single game oddly they all ended as draws with it either being 0-0 or a score draw where U Cluj would score their first shot on target every single time.

This has happend way more since the china update, my goalkeeper seems irrelevant to proceedings no matter his ability

Edited by arussell13

4 hours ago, arussell13 said:

I have just ran an interesting experiment, I (CFR Cluj, 1st in the league) have played away to U Cluj (9th in the league) around 30 times with differing tactics,team talks and in game managment and in every single game oddly they all ended as draws with it either being 0-0 or a score draw where U Cluj would score their first shot on target every single time.

This has happend way more since the china update, my goalkeeper seems irrelevant to proceedings no matter his ability

Since you didn't have problems replaying the same game 30 times, I guess you have no problems running that same experiment 10 more times and posting screenshots from all 10 games as proof that every single game was a draw? 

I mean, only a screen recording of that would be real proof, but screenshots would be fun too

Edited by Marko1989

I wish FM would handle promotion finances better. I just got promoted to the French 2nd tier. We have 2.5 million in the bank:

1. Team wage budgets range from 2.9M to 13.1M. They've given me a wage budget of 0.7M.
  2. Every manager earns 4,000 or more per week. They are offering me 725 per week.
  3. All of my starting players are asking for new contracts, with the minimum they are asking for being 2.5k per week. My 15k per week budget means I can't keep any of them.
  4. My board sold one of my brightest prospects because the offer was too good to turn down. We got 400 pounds for him and a promise for a friendly.

4 hours ago, Overmars said:

I wish FM would handle promotion finances better. I just got promoted to the French 2nd tier. We have 2.5 million in the bank:

1. Team wage budgets range from 2.9M to 13.1M. They've given me a wage budget of 0.7M.
  2. Every manager earns 4,000 or more per week. They are offering me 725 per week.
  3. All of my starting players are asking for new contracts, with the minimum they are asking for being 2.5k per week. My 15k per week budget means I can't keep any of them.
  4. My board sold one of my brightest prospects because the offer was too good to turn down. We got 400 pounds for him and a promise for a friendly.

Recently, I have changed approach regarding Transfer Value for players. You have to add it manually, so when AI Scouter scout my X player will know the price; instead of offering low ball offers.

For example:

1.000 per week, month has 4 weeks, so earns 4.000 per month. x12 months = 48.000 per year. Then I multiply the length of contract. If it's 2 years, then 48.000 x 2 = 96.000. Because we run a business and selling players for profit, I am double it to 192.000 (or 200K). I put the Transfer Value manually. Instruct the DoF to accept any offer which match the price; lower to reject it. Pretty sure player will start to moan (or not), but I am completely ignore it. 

Most of the regen strikers start with low concentration stat, under 6... Why is that?

Arghhh the longer i play, more flaws start to become apparent.

Edited by andu1

Player interactions and transfer requests are to the point im considering them to be ridiculos.

My first choice defender has become unsettled that i rejected a 1.7M bid from................... Dinamo Zagreb  :rolleyes:. My fairly loyal personality defender. And right before the last game with PSG...............................

And look at the context, we are on 3rd place in the Champions League / league stage after 7 games, Zagreb are on............................... 25th.

Why would he want to go to Zagreb and not want to continue playing with us in the Champions League knockout stages????

Are you kidding me right now? Can we have some common sense hard-coded in the game please?

image.png.6e3545eabd4e0e8828b9876306adaf35.png

image.png.5295d747b6fb22349697f753d45c452c.png

Not sure if it's a bug or I'm doing something wrong, but I manage Kettering (in the third season now), been using the same tactic for this whole time, but my tactic familiarity one time shows as minimum, and then as almost maximum. Anyone experienced this?

2 hours ago, gggfunk said:

Not sure if it's a bug or I'm doing something wrong, but I manage Kettering (in the third season now), been using the same tactic for this whole time, but my tactic familiarity one time shows as minimum, and then as almost maximum. Anyone experienced this?

Is this when you have the same squad selected? Tactic familiarity will vary with the actual 11 players in the team (though, I agree, shouldn't be that much).

I believe when you have no team selected at all, it usually displays a minimum amount, from memory. 

6 hours ago, DrIgz said:

Is this when you have the same squad selected? Tactic familiarity will vary with the actual 11 players in the team (though, I agree, shouldn't be that much).

I believe when you have no team selected at all, it usually displays a minimum amount, from memory. 

Oh yes, you are right. Thanks!

250 hours now into the game. Overall, I still very much like this game.

My big issue remains loans.

In my Scotland save as Hearts with a couple Euro Conference runs, I cannot get player languishing on bench to accept loans to Championship sides promising important playtime. They would jump on a EFL League 2 offer from a small club like Crawley or Walsall promising regular starter, but Kilmarnock in a promotion fight promising "Important" would never go through in January. And rarely would Scottish Prem or Champ clubs even come around for my players, even when wages are set at 0%. I've had more English Champ clubs sniffing for loans than Scotland clubs, which isn't totally unrealisti.

In a Greece save, I have PAOK into a European contender a few years in. In second season, had a lucky run early into Champions League past group stages, since then next couple seasons out of group stage and Europa. My bench players consistently refuse loans to affiliate clubs top-flight Feirense and European regular Rijeka. Even players I recruit from those nations who are mad about lack of playing time say "no" to affiliate loans. At least other Greek top flight clubs are wild to pick up my loans.

Transfers make sense. Player values seem to correlate with the league and success in Europe. High level players in the Big 6 leagues are tough to pull but a cheap player from for example Hungary rises in value fast. The issue is loans. And I don't know if the issue is I just fail to understand that part of the game or if this is FM's way of keeping players from hording talent. 

On 22/05/2023 at 12:09, The unknown said:

I've had my Utrecht team doing this recently, but my strikers don't have amazing finishing. I've been testing training chance conversion in the week and that does seem to have helped. Could be worth trying? I did similar when I first joined and we were conceding stupid amounts of set pieces and that seemed to help too a bit. 

On 29/05/2023 at 12:01, andu1 said:

Player interactions and transfer requests are to the point im considering them to be ridiculos.

My first choice defender has become unsettled that i rejected a 1.7M bid from................... Dinamo Zagreb  :rolleyes:. My fairly loyal personality defender. And right before the last game with PSG...............................

And look at the context, we are on 3rd place in the Champions League / league stage after 7 games, Zagreb are on............................... 25th.

Why would he want to go to Zagreb and not want to continue playing with us in the Champions League knockout stages????

Are you kidding me right now? Can we have some common sense hard-coded in the game please?

image.png.6e3545eabd4e0e8828b9876306adaf35.png

image.png.5295d747b6fb22349697f753d45c452c.png

I would probably report this as a potential bug.

Cheers.

I wonder if FM24 will bring any flavour to the Saudi league. Benzema just signed, Ronaldo is playing there, Busquets and Messi are possibly going there.

Unique mechanics of mega-contracts from your chairman? Or just huge wage budgets? 

I'm in 2039 in my game and I have noticed a lot of the Australian new-gen players are born in Katanning. I then checked the current national team and 12 players (out of 23) in the squad are born in Katanning. 

Katanning is a regional town in Western Australia of 3,000+ people. I highly doubt this is accurate. 

image.thumb.png.3b7e75a688ba813ae7cd2db1bd620699.png

12 minutes ago, 3maldini3 said:

What defines the value of a player?

65 goals in two seasons.

Top goalscorer in the serie a two seasons in a row.

Golden boot.

Value - 35 million euros.

Reputation (player's and club's) and contract have a lot to do with it along with many other factors I'm guessing

29 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

Reputation (player's and club's) and contract have a lot to do with it along with many other factors I'm guessing

Won the league, Coppa Italia Runner up and Europa League runner up. Reputation boost come soon?

8 minutes ago, 3maldini3 said:

Won the league, Coppa Italia Runner up and Europa League runner up. Reputation boost come soon?

For sure, reputation does raise very slowly and can take a couple of seasons to catch up 

Hi i dont remember how to i change my graphics folder to my G: drive which is usb drive, launch options in steam but im stucked. i have only 60 gb left in my ssd drive so i would use my G drive. thanks

On 12/06/2023 at 08:08, pearsiesgunners said:

I'm in 2039 in my game and I have noticed a lot of the Australian new-gen players are born in Katanning. I then checked the current national team and 12 players (out of 23) in the squad are born in Katanning. 

Katanning is a regional town in Western Australia of 3,000+ people. I highly doubt this is accurate. 

image.thumb.png.3b7e75a688ba813ae7cd2db1bd620699.png

This has been an issue for a while, 'm still on FM22 and nearly all Welsh players are born in one obscure place too.

Annoying for me too as I try to play realistically when in the lower leagues by signing players playing or born locally

On 12/06/2023 at 05:11, Johnny Ace said:

For sure, reputation does raise very slowly and can take a couple of seasons to catch up 

Which has always been a little silly, frankly.  Jose Mourinho won the Champions League with Porto and overnight went from a guy to The Special One.  Alexis Mac Allister became a £50m player in one tournament, and Moises Caicedo and Mykhailo Mudryk took six months to increase their value tenfold.  One short stint at Manchester United took David Moyes from great manager waiting for a chance to completely washed.  I think the world of football is way more responsive than it's made in FM.

4 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

Can't say I disagree @Sunstrikuuu, you could also add to that the title win by Leicester massively boosted their Worldwide reputation. I've been on the end slow rep increases myself many a time 

Still, Leicester lost two of their best players (Kante and Mahrez) that summer to teams who finished behind them. Not saying it's perfect in FM at any rates, but it's not like one title will turn you into the most reputable team in the country.

Transfer negotiations and contract offers are currently outdated, how many times do you hear a player accepts a clubs contract proposals before both clubs have agreed a fee, since FM prides itself on realisim i think changes are needed to the current system.

On 13/06/2023 at 15:12, XaW said:

Still, Leicester lost two of their best players (Kante and Mahrez) that summer to teams who finished behind them. Not saying it's perfect in FM at any rates, but it's not like one title will turn you into the most reputable team in the country.

No, but Kante went from a player signed for 6.5 million in 2015 to a player sold for 32 million in 2016.   Mahrez didn't leave until summer 2018, at which point he'd publicly asked for moves away twice and, eventually, stopped coming to training.  He'd actually extended his contract in summer 2016.

Teams also have a lot of history behind them and therefore a lot more reputational inertia.  Players and managers should have much more volatile reputation, especially when they're early in their careers.

What on earth is going on with transfers?

was going to create a separate post for this but because I play on Touch mode I assumed it would be moved into the touch forum which is pretty much a ghost town. 

posting this out of frustration but it’s just a poorly designed aspect of FM and has been for years. I’m currently managing Watford, just about to start my 6th season after just winning the treble of Champions League, Premier League and League Cup. Lunin (GK) is transfer listed at Man Utd, me and West Ham (who finished 12th last season) put in matching bids of approx 20m both of which are accepted. I offer a contract which I think is fair, starting Goalkeeper offered etc. then I see he signs for West Ham instead of me as he believes the squad is much better than mine, which really isn’t true seeing as we won the treble, have players valued far higher, Champions League football next season etc etc. He also signed on a wage almost half of what I offered.

I did a save and reload, just to test out what it would take to sign him. Only way I could do it was to triple what West Ham offered as well as stupidly high over the top clauses and bonuses. So stupid.

Really hope the whole system is improved for next year but I know it won’t be 😂 I miss simpler and older FM’s that just worked so much better. Rant over. 

1 hour ago, PAFC_Dugout said:

was going to create a separate post for this but because I play on Touch mode I assumed it would be moved into the touch forum which is pretty much a ghost town. 

posting this out of frustration but it’s just a poorly designed aspect of FM and has been for years. I’m currently managing Watford, just about to start my 6th season after just winning the treble of Champions League, Premier League and League Cup. Lunin (GK) is transfer listed at Man Utd, me and West Ham (who finished 12th last season) put in matching bids of approx 20m both of which are accepted. I offer a contract which I think is fair, starting Goalkeeper offered etc. then I see he signs for West Ham instead of me as he believes the squad is much better than mine, which really isn’t true seeing as we won the treble, have players valued far higher, Champions League football next season etc etc. He also signed on a wage almost half of what I offered.

I did a save and reload, just to test out what it would take to sign him. Only way I could do it was to triple what West Ham offered as well as stupidly high over the top clauses and bonuses. So stupid.

Really hope the whole system is improved for next year but I know it won’t be 😂 I miss simpler and older FM’s that just worked so much better. Rant over. 

You just won the treble with Watford and you demand realism Lool.

not criticising your post or your achievements btw it’s just funny to read.

I am beginning to worry about the ease of which players are winning everything with any club! Feel like there should be difficulty settings but god knows how they’d work. The most logical way would be different levels of AI but don’t think the developers could handle that tbh.

2 hours ago, PAFC_Dugout said:

It is easier for AI to sign players, it happens for years. You offer important player, 150k/w but he wants 200...week later he signed for worse side for 100 as squad player...

Has anyone experienced match stuttering when attending match of other team? I manage Banbury and all my games go perfectly smooth, then I attended world cup semi final and final and during the games match engine was stuttering heavily... When I came back to my Banbury games all was smooth again.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, gggfunk said:

Has anyone experienced match stuttering when attending match of other team? I manage Banbury and all my games go perfectly smooth, then I attended world cup semi final and final and during the games match engine was stuttering heavily... When I came back to my Banbury games all was smooth again.

Sounds like the size of the ground and all the fans is putting more demands on your system than it can handle in the graphical setup you've got.