[FM23.4] Norwegian Lower Leagues - Done all the way down to 11th tier

8 hours ago, XaW said:

I did, and the only issue I see is that sometimes some teams end up in wrong regional divisions, and I haven't found a way to fix it.

Also, there is a thread here where it seems to be fine at least until 2040.

Ha ha, that's not an issue for numpties like me who know nothing about Norway. Any file that goes down 11 tiers is top work in my book.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

Ha ha, that's not an issue for numpties like me who know nothing about Norway. Any file that goes down 11 tiers is top work in my book.

Yeah, it's mostly to be transparent to those who would be annoyed by it. I'm trying to create a faithful adaption (within my limits as an editor!), so if the wrong regions is a deal breaker, it's better that it's shown as a known issue rather than have people discover it 5 years into a save and be annoyed. And if that causes a few users not to play this mod, then that's fine. I don't get paid for this, I'm doing this because I like to play in the lower leagues myself, and no one really had created lower league databases in Norway before I did (at least lower than 5th tier as far as I could tell), as well as being Norwegian, so I got to show off! :D 

1 hour ago, XaW said:

Yeah, it's mostly to be transparent to those who would be annoyed by it. I'm trying to create a faithful adaption (within my limits as an editor!), so if the wrong regions is a deal breaker, it's better that it's shown as a known issue rather than have people discover it 5 years into a save and be annoyed. And if that causes a few users not to play this mod, then that's fine. I don't get paid for this, I'm doing this because I like to play in the lower leagues myself, and no one really had created lower league databases in Norway before I did (at least lower than 5th tier as far as I could tell), as well as being Norwegian, so I got to show off! :D 

You are absolutely right! The only thing I want is that the competition/tier I play in is right, and then also for the higher divisions above us. If my second/thirth team plays in Group 6 Oslo, or Group 4 Oslo or Group 1 in another region, thats fine by me! I want my youth/second team to play matches a whole season. Just so they can develop. And within your file thats the case. So keep up the good work! :applause:

4 minutes ago, Quickzz said:

You are absolutely right! The only thing I want is that the competition/tier I play in is right, and then also for the higher divisions above us. If my second/thirth team plays in Group 6 Oslo, or Group 4 Oslo or Group 1 in another region, thats fine by me! I want my youth/second team to play matches a whole season. Just so they can develop. And within your file thats the case. So keep up the good work! :applause:

Thanks! Hope you enjoy it! :) 

8 minutes ago, Quickzz said:

How are the substitutes rules after the 1st season? Still 5 substitutes (3 moments)?

I set all created leagues to 5 from 7 (3 stoppages) I think. But I didn't touch the original leagues by SI.

20 hours ago, Quickzz said:

Anyone in season '23, or further to check the higher divisions?

Im at the 33/34 season. Went from 11th division to 4th division. All looks normal

Edited by Kloppy

21 hours ago, XaW said:

I set all created leagues to 5 from 7 (3 stoppages) I think. But I didn't touch the original leagues by SI.

Just to expand on this for anyone else wondering. This is possible to change with the IGE if it bothers you.

image.thumb.png.8995faec5ee2d4799223a95b8daab138.png

Not ideal, and if I had caught it before I would have changed it, but for now, I'll wait until the next database update (since I need to re-verify the file anyway) to have a look and change if required.

8 minutes ago, Branst23 said:

Hi,

Thinking of starting in the 11th tier for a save at the end of the week.

Is there any known bugs in the database? Thank you

All outlined in the original post. As far as I've seen, only that some teams end up in the wrong regions at times.

4 minutes ago, XaW said:

All outlined in the original post. As far as I've seen, only that some teams end up in the wrong regions at times.

Thanks for your hard work.

Is the steam upload link the latest version and out of interest when would the next fix version be released roughly?

Only asking as this is a long term save. Appreciate your efforts :)

3 minutes ago, Branst23 said:

Thanks for your hard work.

Is the steam upload link the latest version and out of interest when would the next fix version be released roughly?

Only asking as this is a long term save. Appreciate your efforts :)

Yeah, I update both here and on steam when I update. So it should be the same file both places at all times (except perhaps a minute while the update happens).

The next update will most likely be after the next database update from SI, as I then need to re-verify the file to be able to work anyway. And I don't have any major issues I need to fix at the moment, as far as I know.

@XaW I have tried adding custom kits and a badge to Bjorndal IF but after playing around with cache, deleting the cache at the folder level and changing name conventions, I still can not get the images to be pulled into the game. Is this something that you are aware of?

28 minutes ago, Branst23 said:

@XaW I have tried adding custom kits and a badge to Bjorndal IF but after playing around with cache, deleting the cache at the folder level and changing name conventions, I still can not get the images to be pulled into the game. Is this something that you are aware of?

I added some custom kits to the game when I had a test game with Try and that worked fine for me. Make sure the .xml-file is set up correctly, as those are not linked to my DB-edit. The game only uses the UID of the teams to match with the pictures based on the xml.

4 minutes ago, XaW said:

I added some custom kits to the game when I had a test game with Try and that worked fine for me. Make sure the .xml-file is set up correctly, as those are not linked to my DB-edit. The game only uses the UID of the teams to match with the pictures based on the xml.

Thanks, had a couple of friends also test it on the database and they can't add the away kit or badge to Bjorndal as well - are you able to test this?

Thank you

1 minute ago, Branst23 said:

Thanks, had a couple of friends also test it on the database and they can't add the away kit or badge to Bjorndal as well - are you able to test this?

Thank you

If you have the files, I can give it a go later on.

Is it normall in lower league, in this case in Norway, that a lot of players make a transfer for 0€ ? Or that you get bids with 0€ ? Is that because most clubs in lower league are semi-professionel, of is it because they don't have prof-contract? Someone who can explain it to me?

9 minutes ago, Quickzz said:

Is it normall in lower league, in this case in Norway, that a lot of players make a transfer for 0€ ? Or that you get bids with 0€ ? Is that because most clubs in lower league are semi-professionel, of is it because they don't have prof-contract? Someone who can explain it to me?

Players very rarely move for money. Clubs don't have transfer funds and most players are on non-contract or amateur forms so can move for free.

• 2 weeks later...

In the Norsk Tipping-ligaen in real life 3 teams will relegate. In FM with your file 4 teams relegate, why is that? :)  PostNord-ligaen Avd 1 and 2 are also different, and not the same as in reallife. Avd 2 has 14 teams, Avd 1 has 13 teams. Or has it something to do with the fact that the most promotion/relegation matches are also played. When making the screenshots below, it's the 20th of december. @XaW

Avd 2 PostNord

image.png.c613f1092503a611520066deae94b8a4.png

Avd 1 PostNord

image.png.9629c5cf0ec838b64edf85b37a81a626.png

Edited by Quickzz

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, last year I played with SBK Drafn. Their 2nd team and U19 team werent in the league from the start so they were never able to join one ever. Is this different in this years database? If not, do you mind adding them if you have time?

Is "I have not included reserve teams beyone 3rd teams. So 4th teams and 5th teams are just not added." related to this?

Edited by JT

2 hours ago, JT said:

Hello, last year I played with SBK Drafn. Their 2nd team and U19 team werent in the league from the start so they were never able to join one ever. Is this different in this years database? If not, do you mind adding them if you have time?

Is "I have not included reserve teams beyone 3rd teams. So 4th teams and 5th teams are just not added." related to this?

Hi,

I've only added 2nd and 3rd teams IF they are in a lower league division. So if the 2nd team is in any division down the ladder they are added. I have not done anything to the U19 leagues, as that would require a whole recreation of it and I don't really have the time to do so.

I have been toying with the idea of the lowest tier having relegation to ensure that non-playable teams can come into the league system, but as of yet I haven't done so. I had enough issues with getting the teams into the correct regional divisions and I'm afraid this will open a new can of worms if I do. So perhaps as an alternative version some time in the future. As is though, it's technically a closed league system, as the lowest tiers don't have any relegation.

4 hours ago, XaW said:

Hi,

I've only added 2nd and 3rd teams IF they are in a lower league division. So if the 2nd team is in any division down the ladder they are added. I have not done anything to the U19 leagues, as that would require a whole recreation of it and I don't really have the time to do so.

I have been toying with the idea of the lowest tier having relegation to ensure that non-playable teams can come into the league system, but as of yet I haven't done so. I had enough issues with getting the teams into the correct regional divisions and I'm afraid this will open a new can of worms if I do. So perhaps as an alternative version some time in the future. As is though, it's technically a closed league system, as the lowest tiers don't have any relegation.

Alright, appreciate the quick answer. And as always thanks for the awesome database! :)

Is it correct for Bodø/Glimt to have two third teams (both playing in same division) while also not having an U19 team? Not sure if a minor bug or Glimt actually have multiple reserve teams in that division - who knows what happens up north!

4.divisjonNordland_Profile.thumb.png.c081d5141f4205476198a98f6dd1e372.png

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Kenneth Kjevik said:

Dette var kult! Fantastisk bra opplegg. Savner dog litt ekte spillere på Vigra og fra klubbene i Giske kommune på Sunnmøre 😄

Bra du liker den! Blir litt for mange spillere å legge til for hver eneste av klubbene, så har holdt meg til det som allerede finnes. Men bare å legge til på egenhånd ;) 

3 minutes ago, Kenneth Kjevik said:

Ja det forstår jeg! Hvordan legger man til spillere selv?

Alt gjøres i editoren. Beste måten er å laste den ned og prøve. Er noen tråder rundt omkring her som forklarer litt, men å kun legge til spillere bør være en grei sak.

On 03/03/2023 at 01:59, kandersson said:

Is it correct for Bodø/Glimt to have two third teams (both playing in same division) while also not having an U19 team? Not sure if a minor bug or Glimt actually have multiple reserve teams in that division - who knows what happens up north!

4.divisjonNordland_Profile.thumb.png.c081d5141f4205476198a98f6dd1e372.png

Did not notice this one... I have no idea how the hell I managed to create two 3rd teams. This will be fixed in the next update!

That said, there are instances of 2nd and 3rd teams being in the same league. Ridabu 2 and 3 for example...

image.png.3a424ae52a4ab63f52bd36d6d7f54abb.png

• XaW changed the title to [FM23.4] Norwegian Lower Leagues - Done all the way down to 11th tier
  • 2 weeks later...

Hei. Jeg har lyst til å spille med tredje laget til Tromsø som heter Tromsø 3 og starter i 6div avd 2 Troms siden jeg selv spiller på det laget. Det kommer opp som non playable når jeg prøver å starte en ny save. Er det noe som kan ordnes kjapt i editoren? Har prøvd selv men finner ikke helt ut av hva som må gjøres, 

48 minutes ago, dscd21 said:

Hei. Jeg har lyst til å spille med tredje laget til Tromsø som heter Tromsø 3 og starter i 6div avd 2 Troms siden jeg selv spiller på det laget. Det kommer opp som non playable når jeg prøver å starte en ny save. Er det noe som kan ordnes kjapt i editoren? Har prøvd selv men finner ikke helt ut av hva som må gjøres, 

Tror ikke man kan spille som 2. eller 3. lag i FM, med mindre man setter dem opp som affiliate clubs, og det har jeg ikke gjort. Jeg har kun laget dem som normale reservelag, så eneste måten du kan styre dem på er å ta over Tromsø sitt lag og også styre 3. laget. Jeg er ikke sikker på hvordan man kan sette det opp i editoren, men om du ønsker kan du sjekke hvordan de spanske lagene som Real Madrid o.l. er satt opp og prøve å gjøre det på den måten. Beste forslaget jeg har, om ikke annet.

58 minutes ago, XaW said:

Tror ikke man kan spille som 2. eller 3. lag i FM, med mindre man setter dem opp som affiliate clubs, og det har jeg ikke gjort. Jeg har kun laget dem som normale reservelag, så eneste måten du kan styre dem på er å ta over Tromsø sitt lag og også styre 3. laget. Jeg er ikke sikker på hvordan man kan sette det opp i editoren, men om du ønsker kan du sjekke hvordan de spanske lagene som Real Madrid o.l. er satt opp og prøve å gjøre det på den måten. Beste forslaget jeg har, om ikke annet.

Ok, takk for svar. Får prøve å sette det opp som affiliate

1 hour ago, XaW said:

Funket å bare legge til laget som affiliate :)

image.png.250f8b08d561aeaef5ff98756e80c782.png

• 1 month later...

Hello! Sorry for the late message, but I wanted to play with Byåsen Toppfotball, but I am unable to do so, as I cannot choose Norway as a playable country in fm. It tells me a team was found in the 4. Divison Nordland with the wrong nation set. However, after installing the pre-game editor, i managed to fix the problem, but when I go to verify the rules, it keeps telling me "Competition 2000239373 could not be found in the database". I don't know what its refering to, as such competition cannot be found even in the base game. Any idea on how to make it work? I would appreciate any help, thanks.

25 minutes ago, Palhienté said:

Hello! Sorry for the late message, but I wanted to play with Byåsen Toppfotball, but I am unable to do so, as I cannot choose Norway as a playable country in fm. It tells me a team was found in the 4. Divison Nordland with the wrong nation set. However, after installing the pre-game editor, i managed to fix the problem, but when I go to verify the rules, it keeps telling me "Competition 2000239373 could not be found in the database". I don't know what its refering to, as such competition cannot be found even in the base game. Any idea on how to make it work? I would appreciate any help, thanks.

That seems odd, you are using my file from the first post of this thread? Also, do you have any other files added? It could be a mixup with other files, as I've not verified this in combination with anyone else.

I just fired it up now and it works fine here:

image.thumb.png.d440a850b71c97d01a30d763a31ea4b2.png

And I can select Byåsen as my team without any issues:

2BhUnL4.png

Also 4. Div Nordland is definitely in Norway! :)

image.png.e96935623a5e6acd1fae5ef2c3732452.png

The competition it refers to is the parent competition for the 5th division:

image.png.d4c98040fbd3dc2952530c2327981878.png

So I either think you have the wrong file, or you have another file who causes a mixup with mine.

1 hora atrás, XaW disse:

Also 4. Div Nordland is definitely in Norway! :)

image.png.e96935623a5e6acd1fae5ef2c3732452.png

The competition it refers to is the parent competition for the 5th division:

image.png.d4c98040fbd3dc2952530c2327981878.png

So I either think you have the wrong file, or you have another file who causes a mixup with mine.

Is it because i have the wrong editor version? Mine's 23.2, is it not the most recent one?

3 minutes ago, Palhienté said:

Is it because i have the wrong editor version? Mine's 23.2, is it not the most recent one?

You need the newest one:

image.png.997b77deb54147fbe3f80129d720c902.png

If you have an older one, just restart Steam.

I've been looking for a database where the Norwegian league structure has been changed match those of the major leagues, or more in accordance to the suggestions the Hypercube team suggested a few years ago. I seem to recall someone making them at the old FM Norge site, but that site seems to be gone now.

I've added a link to a zip-file with most logos in Norway. I also created a lot of kits that I added in there. It's mostly the top tier (Eliteserien) and a few more. They are created as well as I can, but I'm no graphical expert so there are probably better packs out there, but if you just want Norway, then it's there. The link is in the opening post.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I've noticed a bug, however I'm not sure if it's a bug with your edits or the SI database rules for prizemoney. 

If I select Alta, who are in Post Nord 1, I get a reasonable some of money for TV etc. Can't recall exactly how much it was. 

If I manage Lyn, who start off in a lower league, the prize money for TV is only £273. This is the same in the league below the top league too. 

It simply has to be a bug. Thoughts?

bug.jpg