Seriously think FM23 is ridiculous

I SERIOUSLY do not understand this game since I have been playing in 1999, but this season is the HARDEST ....

even I use EDITOR to CHEAT my player's ability  , I still cant beat a small team like Southampton but suffer HEAVILY... 

have you ever tried to use 442?  its even worst

I SERIOUSLY do not understand this game since I have been playing in 1999, but this season is the HARDEST ....

or anyone can advice what tactic I can use 

seriously such squad , I can lost , ok but not HEAVILY LOST AND SAVE AND RELOAD more than 10 times , still LOST heavily 

AND ALSO ALWAYS LOST BY SUPERB LONG SHOT ALL THE TIME which I have never experienced ever since 1999

HOW MANY TIMES I have been to reload , and GO ON HOLIDAY to get the result, its terrible 

Screenshot 2022-11-18 at 19.42.45.png

Screenshot 2022-11-18 at 19.43.07.png

Screenshot 2022-11-18 at 19.43.17.png

Screenshot 2022-11-18 at 19.55.00.png

Screenshot 2022-11-18 at 19.56.05.png

Screenshot 2022-11-18 at 19.55.46.png

Edited by icedgate

Mate, you won the league. So you loose big to the most OP team in the game? Big whoop ... ;)

That being said, tactically:

You focus play down the flanks but use fullbacks (and Automatic on Balanced mentality is Support i guess) rather than wingbacks and inwerted wingers rather than wingers. If you want to heavily favour wing play, you need at least 2 of the 4 to actually be out and out wide players that attack and get to the byline. So for example one of the outside defenders as wingback attack with an IW (can be support) in front and on the other side keep the FB but make the wide midfielder a winger. Then in games againste weaker teams that you struggle to score you should have one of the CMs be more attacking, for example as a B2B or even Roaming Playmaker. And in those games playing a low block might be an issue as well as you don't put much pressure on them and why would Southampton play into your strengths/gameplan and allow you to counter? They'll happily play defensive and keep that draw or narrow lead, thank you very much. Yes, you press more often but by playing a low block your team will only press in your own half.

Overall your entire tactic is built for counter attacking. Which is cool and obviously works pretty well (again, you won the league) but of course will have it's weaknesses against some defensive teams while also be risky against a team like Liverpool that are really good themselves at countering but also press high in your half while with the ball push you deep so if your team does win the ball they have to go the full length of the pitch. It's definitely no surprise that you have so little posession. 

My 'quick fixes' would be: Set mentality to positive, add "shorter passes" (or slightly shorter, whatever is 1 click to the left in that setup), maybe try "play out of defence" and move to a mid block or move up the defensive line to compact the area. 

For Roles: Put Rice on DLP(D) and Philips on B2B or BWM (S). Put one of Fullbacks to WB(A), the player in front of him to IW(S) and on the other side maybe the wide midfielder to winger. OR as an idea: Put Rice on the right central mid spot (swap with Philips) as HB and have Trippier be a WB (A) or even CWB (A) with Maximin staying as IW (A) and Phillips as BW (S). That way Rice will in a way cover for those 2 and Phillips will fill the central area with his athleticism.

Posession doesn't mean success, see Tottenham who somehow manage 70% and outside the Top10. But if you want more posession you have to ditch some of the counter attacking elements.

Edited by Marinho

4 hours ago, Marinho said:

Mate, you won the league. So you loose big to the most OP team in the game? Big whoop ... ;)

That being said, tactically:

You focus play down the flanks but use fullbacks (and Automatic on Balanced mentality is Support i guess) rather than wingbacks and inwerted wingers rather than wingers. If you want to heavily favour wing play, you need at least 2 of the 4 to actually be out and out wide players that attack and get to the byline. So for example one of the outside defenders as wingback attack with an IW (can be support) in front and on the other side keep the FB but make the wide midfielder a winger. Then in games againste weaker teams that you struggle to score you should have one of the CMs be more attacking, for example as a B2B or even Roaming Playmaker. And in those games playing a low block might be an issue as well as you don't put much pressure on them and why would Southampton play into your strengths/gameplan and allow you to counter? They'll happily play defensive and keep that draw or narrow lead, thank you very much. Yes, you press more often but by playing a low block your team will only press in your own half.

Overall your entire tactic is built for counter attacking. Which is cool and obviously works pretty well (again, you won the league) but of course will have it's weaknesses against some defensive teams while also be risky against a team like Liverpool that are really good themselves at countering but also press high in your half while with the ball push you deep so if your team does win the ball they have to go the full length of the pitch. It's definitely no surprise that you have so little posession. 

My 'quick fixes' would be: Set mentality to positive, add "shorter passes" (or slightly shorter, whatever is 1 click to the left in that setup), maybe try "play out of defence" and move to a mid block or move up the defensive line to compact the area. 

For Roles: Put Rice on DLP(D) and Philips on B2B or BWM (S). Put one of Fullbacks to WB(A), the player in front of him to IW(S) and on the other side maybe the wide midfielder to winger. OR as an idea: Put Rice on the right central mid spot (swap with Philips) as HB and have Trippier be a WB (A) or even CWB (A) with Maximin staying as IW (A) and Phillips as BW (S). That way Rice will in a way cover for those 2 and Phillips will fill the central area with his athleticism.

Posession doesn't mean success, see Tottenham who somehow manage 70% and outside the Top10. But if you want more posession you have to ditch some of the counter attacking elements.

ah ok , let me try few matches and let you know but my favourite formation is 442 which were  2003 Arsenal during Wenger and 2015 Leicester  during Claudio Ranirei 

the formation that I was trying to apply in my team was base on 2015 Leicester 

2 hours ago, icedgate said:

ah ok , let me try few matches and let you know but my favourite formation is 442 which were  2003 Arsenal during Wenger and 2015 Leicester  during Claudio Ranirei 

the formation that I was trying to apply in my team was base on 2015 Leicester 

Didn't say you should change the formation, just suggested to change a few roles or instructions. And again, you won the league with only 3 losses. But as you are obviously not happy there are possible options to make the tactic different (doesn't mean better) to get more attacking and posession based. 

3 hours ago, sugarbear0511 said:

I'm a little confused here so you wont the league, crushing it actually and you think the game is too hard?

10 hours ago, icedgate said:

even I use EDITOR to CHEAT my player's ability seriously such squad , I can lost , ok but not HEAVILY LOST AND SAVE AND RELOAD more than 10 times , still LOST heavily 

HOW MANY TIMES I have been to reload , and GO ON HOLIDAY to get the result, its terrible 

5 hours ago, Marinho said:

Didn't say you should change the formation, just suggested to change a few roles or instructions. And again, you won the league with only 3 losses. But as you are obviously not happy there are possible options to make the tactic different (doesn't mean better) to get more attacking and posession based. 

let me try and let you know.

It is the formation that I have made after taking your advice

image.thumb.png.144b27a443610778ea62d19325253f87.png

Screenshot 2022-11-19 at 08.42.08.png

2 hours ago, Prolix said:

5 hours ago, sugarbear0511 said:

I'm a little confused here so you wont the league, crushing it actually and you think the game is too hard?

As I said , I have to SAVE AND RELOAD or " GO ON HOLIDAY " to be able to get the god damn result.

For example , I HAVE BEEN LOSING LIKE 30 TIMES playing against LIVERPOOL, even if 3:2 I am happy but I NEVER WON them , it's **** ridiculous.  

18 hours ago, icedgate said:

have you ever tried to use 442?  its even worst

My best tactic is the 442 flat used it with Palermo in the last 10 games to secure promotion. Went on a nice winning run. Told one of my friends how to set it up and he basically used my settings and went on a big winning run. But hey, the whole world thinks my head is in the ground ignoring defensive errors, maybe  people should try and find out why I am making less defensive errors even when I  am live-streaming my play without attributes.

On 20/11/2022 at 08:43, dunk105 said:

Cough, he even admits in the OP he reloads to get results........

yes,  I dont mind , I MUST reload to get result, otherwise I am sure my team MUST get relegated. 

On 19/11/2022 at 14:32, Rashidi said:

My best tactic is the 442 flat used it with Palermo in the last 10 games to secure promotion. Went on a nice winning run. Told one of my friends how to set it up and he basically used my settings and went on a big winning run. But hey, the whole world thinks my head is in the ground ignoring defensive errors, maybe  people should try and find out why I am making less defensive errors even when I  am live-streaming my play without attributes.

can you share your tactic to us ? thanks 

On 19/11/2022 at 08:47, icedgate said:

For example , I HAVE BEEN LOSING LIKE 30 TIMES playing against LIVERPOOL, even if 3:2 I am happy but I NEVER WON them , it's **** ridiculous.  

Yeah and Liverpool are a good side, they also play a solid structured system that uses width. You want to play a 442 against them. Against such a team you probably need strong defenders and a strong central midfield, and you have to be prepared to make subs at the right time. There is micro management involved during the game, and unless you know what to do perhaps the 442 might be challenging for you. In my last 10 games I had to secure wins all the way to guarantee promotion, and in a lot of the matches I needed to see out a 1 goal difference. This meant a fair bit of selection strategy plus game management. If you want to win all your games, you need to become very good at the game.

On 19/11/2022 at 00:47, icedgate said:

As I said , I have to SAVE AND RELOAD or " GO ON HOLIDAY " to be able to get the god damn result.

In real life Liverpool went years without loosing an home match would say that close to reality what game produces 

I don’t want to hit this one too hard, but if the only way you can win at the game is by cheating and going on holiday, there is probably something fundamental about the game that you are not understand.ing. I just won La Liga in my first year at Celta Vigo. The only cheat I used was ditching Dennis Suarez because of a very unusual situation with the club in which I was prevented from playing him by the board and he wouldn’t accept a transfer. So I used the editor to dump him off to a club that had shown an interest in him for a fee within his stated range. 

However, in terms of tactics, I used a 4-2-3-1 DM playing tiki-taka, with one AM as a winger and the other as an IF. When I acquired a young AM who turned out to be as effective as a ramdeuter, I played him as such in the IF slot. The player in the winger slot improved drastically over the course of the season, with the press commenting several times on how he was flourishing in his new role. 

The point is that, as rashidi mentioned, you need to watch what happens in matches and react. It isn’t always obvious. But the game isn’t “broken”.

Edited by gunnerfan

On 19/11/2022 at 01:32, Rashidi said:

BTW how is your playing-without-attributes experiment going in FM23?