Match 1: Qatar vs Ecuador - BBC1 4pm GMT kick off LIVE from the Al Bayt Stadium in Al Khor

Coulthard's Jaw

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, PMLF said:

How would the knockout stages work in this case?

12 groups winners + 4 best second placed teams?

That's one of the options, the other option is adding one extra match and have 32 qualify (12 group winners + 12 2nd placed + 8 best third placed) 

I suspect 12 group winners + 4 best 2nd placed is more feasible.. And that would make for quite the group stage I would think. Would be very tense

12 minutes ago, The_jagster said:

I think he's been looking at how to say stuff closer to the right way, he said Uh-ruguay rather than Yu-ruguay too. Haven't actually noticed whether he says Cat-uh or Ca-tar

So far he's been saying "England" rather than the native "IN GER LUND YA *******"

Edited by git2thachoppa

8 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Better have groups of 6.

Everyone is happy for playing 5 matches, top2 from each group qualify and we have the same knockout system as now.

Not feasible, too many matches

The winning team would play 9 matches instead of 7 as it is at the moment, and I think there'd be a lot more matches for the hosts to organise

Edited by noikeee

1 minute ago, noikeee said:

Not feasible, too many matches

The winning team would play 9 matches instead of 7 as it is at the moment, and I think there'd be a lot more matches for the hosts to organise

Extend it by 10 days, who cares.

Rather have it that way than some farcial system with some of the third placed teams going in while others don't. Or having 3 team groups.

1 minute ago, Orzelek said:

Apparently a lof of people left already in the half time break :D 

Some of the tickets were £400 for this game as well. Imagine getting tickets to a World Cup opener and leaving at half time ffs.

1 minute ago, Weezer said:

Some of the tickets were £400 for this game as well. Imagine getting tickets to a World Cup opener and leaving at half time ffs.

They're probably all corporate purchases anyway, the real Qatar fans are still there in that small section. Total shambles though.

1 minute ago, Gary_Parker said:

They're probably all corporate purchases anyway, the real Qatar fans are still there in that small section. Total shambles though.

3 minutes ago, Heartwork said:

Truly a sporting nation

It'll mostly be rich Qataris furious that things aren't going the way they wanted.

I paid money and we're losing? This is an OUTRAGE!

12 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Extend it by 10 days, who cares.

Rather have it that way than some farcial system with some of the third placed teams going in while others don't. Or having 3 team groups.

I would prefer it too, but it's not realistic..