Serie A - nonEU players

Hey,

Please do let me know if this is a known issue or if it needs to be posted somewhere else, I did search for a specific Italian league thread but couldn't find one.

I think there's an issue with the nonEU player registration in the Serie A. During the Beta, when I signed two nonEU players for the summer and only had one slot, I was given the option to choose which of the two players I wanted to occupy the one available nonEU slot and be eligible to play for me. The other would either have to wait until next season or I'd have to sell a different nonEU player abroad to free up the extra slot, right? This all makes sense.

Now after the official game release, that option isn't there anymore. So what happened to me was I signed two nonEU players for the summer, expecting I'd have the option again but.. nada. Well, alright, thankfully I first signed the player who was designated to be a starter for me and only after that transfer was confirmed did I go and buy the 18-year old wonderkid who wasn't gonna play straight away anyway. I assume since only one of the two is going to be eligible to play, it will be the player I signed first, right? Well.. wrong. My second transfer (the wonderkid) occupies the one slot and my first transfer has the dreaded non-eligible nonEU player icon. So now I need to sell some other nonEU player from my team abroad if I want my starter to become eligible.

So, two issues: a) the option to select isn't there and b) the selection of who occupies the slot isn't done in chronological order.

When in Italy, I pretty much don't bother to scout non-EU players, because it is such a pain to keep managed.

I've asked in the past for clearer indications on the scout report of likely issues, because there are players with dual eligibility and suchlike. I'd like there to be a positive statement, rather than just a warning when a player is definitely non-EU. 

43 minutes ago, du Garbandier said:

When in Italy, I pretty much don't bother to scout non-EU players, because it is such a pain to keep managed.

I've asked in the past for clearer indications on the scout report of likely issues, because there are players with dual eligibility and suchlike. I'd like there to be a positive statement, rather than just a warning when a player is definitely non-EU. 

I like managing in Italy but I always tell my scouts to restrict their reports to EU nationals only. Totally agree about anything else being an absolute pain.