Match Zehn - Germany vs Japan 1pm (GMT) ITV1 LIVE from the Khalifa International Stadium

Coulthard's Jaw

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, Mahzun_Savas said:

Brilliant comeback by Japan. They were brave, they through caution to the wind, they went forward with purpose and they showed their skill to win.

However what the **** were Sule and Schlotterbeck doing for the second goal. Sule jogging back aimlessly behind his centre back pairing playing Asano on side and Schlotterbeck showing no awareness as he let Asano get meters behind him on side. By the time he realized Asano was charging at full speed towards goal. Simply unacceptable by both of them.

Seeing the lineup from Germany defensively before the game and Sule at FB and Schlotterbeck at CB did raise an eyebrow. When Japan attacked them, even in the first half they looked like they could create openings. Really poor goal to concede for the second Japan goal. 

I watched as much of the game i could, in the build it there was an interview between Schweinsteiger and Flick, and Schweinsteiger showed him an analysis of how the German team typically gets beaten, especially when they lose the ball in midfield, Flick seemed surprised......but Japan seemed to have listened as that what Schweini described is exactly what they did, fantastic performance from Japan, bragging rights in the Bundesliga for quite a few of them too!

7 hours ago, Goldy said:

I watched as much of the game i could, in the build it there was an interview between Schweinsteiger and Flick, and Schweinsteiger showed him an analysis of how the German team typically gets beaten, especially when they lose the ball in midfield, Flick seemed surprised......but Japan seemed to have listened as that what Schweini described is exactly what they did, fantastic performance from Japan, bragging rights in the Bundesliga for quite a few of them too!

This is scary if Flick didn't know that.

Because yesterday's game reminded 100% of most of the messups during the last years of Löw's reign.

6 hours ago, Orzelek said:

This is scary if Flick didn't know that.

Because yesterday's game reminded 100% of most of the messups during the last years of Löw's reign.

I thought things would get better with Flick, as he was the tactics guru behind Löw but as things have been with him so far, they have been shockingling poor.

Does Germany really not have a better right back than Süle?

I mean come on, with 3 such CB's, it is screaming to play 3CB's and wing backs (i know, everyone is the best trainer but it just seems like he's put players out and said "it'll sort itself out").

1 hour ago, Goldy said:

I thought things would get better with Flick, as he was the tactics guru behind Löw but as things have been with him so far, they have been shockingling poor.

I mean come on, with 3 such CB's, it is screaming to play 3CB's and wing backs (i know, everyone is the best trainer but it just seems like he's put players out and said "it'll sort itself out").

Apparently, they did play 3 CB-s at some point, but switched back to a 4-man line because the Japanese front 3 man-marked the CB-s and pressed (in the 2. half). Stupid, because with Neuer, you always have a spare man.

7 hours ago, Orzelek said:

And I'm not optimistic at all about the game on Sunday.

Genuinly can't see Germany beating Spain, how things looks.

I can, but only if Germany play old school. Füllkrug CF with Müller nearby, Hoffman or Kimmich RWB, and bomb the Spanish with crosses.

12 hours ago, Goldy said:

Flick always plays with a very passive right back, it's why Pavard looked so much better under Flick than under Nagelsmann, as he was more of a third CD than a RB. The alternative to Süle in Flick's previous matches was Kehrer, who is more of a CD as well (and afaik has been CD entire season at WHU?). Admittedly, Germany doesn't have a proper RWB currently either, unless you move Kimmich back there. Only real RB in the selection is Klostermann who has been injured the entire season and had to leave the field in the friendly against Oman as well.

His style was pretty suicidal with Bayern as well, but Bayern managed to press most teams so hard that very few could cleanly play their way out of trouble making things work. With Germany that just doesn't seem to be the case, which is weird considering half the team is Bayern players and should very much be used to this style.