Match 16: Brazil vs Serbia - Live from Lusail Iconic Stadium

PMLF

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So Brazil has 4 wingers (wide forwards, whatever) in the game, with 4 more on the bench and Gabriel Jesus being the only player who resembles a striker with top level experience.

I honestly have no clue why didn't they bring Firmino, he would be perfect against teams defending deep.

Btw, Brazil haven't lost a group stage match since 1998...against Norway. Some stat.

Edited by GunmaN1905

Brazil nowhere near as fluid going forward as other teams like Spain or bizarrely, England. But - they still have several of the best dribblers in the competition and it's not clear who the hell, or how, is anyone going to score vs this Brazil side. For all of Serbia's good showing in the first few minutes, they've created nothing.

They still look like strong candidates.

Edited by noikeee

2 minutes ago, noikeee said:

Brazil nowhere near as fluid going forward as other teams like Spain or bizarrely, England. But - they still have several of the best dribblers in the competition and it's not clear who the hell, or how, is anyone going to score vs this Brazil side. For all of Serbia's good showing in the first few minutes, they've created nothing.

They still look like strong candidates.

Tbf they're playing a far, far better team. Serbia are levels above Iran and Costa Rica. Switch one of those two into this game and you'll get a similar result 

Not as bad as I expected but... It's still bad. It was a mistake to start with Mitro, Vlahovic would've been more useful against this lot. Milinkovic Savic a shadow of himself, Tadic cut off most of the time. 

Brazil has this in the bag, we've been lucky so far but we're full of players that are a mistake waiting to happen...

4 minutes ago, Astafjevs said:

Tbf they're playing a far, far better team. Serbia are levels above Iran and Costa Rica. Switch one of those two into this game and you'll get a similar result 

Definitely, after the first match we always tend to overrate teams that have a good day and/or play against easier opposition. This Serbia team is one of best in the competition after the group of 8 or so main favourites.

4 minutes ago, Constantine said:

Not as bad as I expected but... It's still bad. It was a mistake to start with Mitro, Vlahovic would've been more useful against this lot. Milinkovic Savic a shadow of himself, Tadic cut off most of the time. 

Brazil has this in the bag, we've been lucky so far but we're full of players that are a mistake waiting to happen...

Your keepers been good

22 minutes ago, ajw10 said:

Honestly, what is this? :D

Some people very clearly never watch Neymar play

With my comment I didn't mean that he doesn't play good.

I meant that he just hasn't been the biggest star on the team, as Messi had that role at Barca and Mbappé took it about 5 minutes after arriving at PSG.

Edited by Orzelek

Just now, Darius1998 said:

Leandro Damiao? :D

Been a fair few lost wonderkids now. Him, Gabigol, Jesus as well to an extent...

Gabigol is still an excellent player though.

Just now, PMLF said:

Gabigol is still an excellent player though.

He did look good in the Club World Cup, in fairness. Just not quite what I thought he would turn into though.

Maybe he went to Europe too early seeing as he was useless at both Inter and Benfica.

4 minutes ago, PaulHartman71 said:

Had no idea Milenkovic-Savic had a brother who played football either. Been quite impressed with him in goal, he’s a ****ing unit too, 6 ft 9 did they say :D 

Yeah, he's massive. Was with us at around 18 for a couple of years but we couldn't get a work permit so we released him, think he went to somewhere in Poland from memory.  

1 minute ago, Darius1998 said:

He did look good in the Club World Cup, in fairness. Just not quite what I thought he would turn into though.

Maybe he went to Europe too early seeing as he was useless at both Inter and Benfica.

I think he is one of those players that lack the mentality to play abroad, maybe is too spoiled.