U18 players not possible to buy?

Hey guys,

I don't know if I'm missing something but in FM 23 im am not able to sign any players under 18. No matter if I'm a big or small club. U18 players are not interested to leave their club no matter what. The second they turn 18, they are extremly eager to join my teams. So far I was not able to get any U18 wonderkids to join me. Is this a bug in this years game, do I need to show more interest in them now (talk in media about them, scout them in person)?

As I said in the last thread:

On 01/11/2022 at 09:28, XaW said:

For what it's worth, I think that "interest" is the wrong word when it comes to transfers, and I wish it would be changed to something along "viable". Most 16 year olds would be interested moving to Real Madrid, but in very few cases it's "viable" to happen, due to many different things, such as actual laws prohibiting it.

Here is a basic source (from FIFA itself) regarding it:

https://www.fifa.com/legal/media-releases/fifa-publishes-its-guide-to-submitting-a-minor-application

Now, there are a lot of legal documents there, but essence is that players under 18 should not transfer internationally for footballing reasons.

There are child labor laws in place through FIFA that aim to STOP transfer for kids under 18, and those are reflected in the game as well.

3 hours ago, XaW said:

As I said in the last thread:

There are child labor laws in place through FIFA that aim to STOP transfer for kids under 18, and those are reflected in the game as well.

This I can understand and makes perfect sense.

Though I feel players under-18 from British clubs not wanting to move from their much lesser club to, for example, Manchester United, is unrealistic. 

• 2 months later...
On 28/11/2022 at 17:59, Ferocious289 said:

There is a file that removes this crap from the game that prevents you from signing under 18 year olds

what is that file pls i really hate that i cant sign anyone who is under 18 pls respond