How do I rollback the update?

L1 in Scotland. There is no U18's league, but when the time comes for a youth intake there is a friendly generated with my "U18's". 1) I can't delegate the match responsibility to my Head of Youth Dev, 2) I can't cancel the friendly, and 3) after having played the friendly and scrolled past the post-match team talks (which I can delegate) and pressing Continue, FM freezes (the spinning wheel of death) with no way of moving on or going back. Tried everything.

Edited by KnotveryAthletic
Changed L2 to L1. Forgot about the unlikely promotion.

40 minutes ago, KnotveryAthletic said:

L1 in Scotland. There is no U18's league, but when the time comes for a youth intake there is a friendly generated with my "U18's". 1) I can't delegate the match responsibility to my Head of Youth Dev, 2) I can't cancel the friendly, and 3) after having played the friendly and scrolled past the post-match team talks (which I can delegate) and pressing Continue, FM freezes (the spinning wheel of death) with no way of moving on or going back. Tried everything.

your lucky, ive gone from taking about 2 mins max to load game to it approaching 7mins to load to the main menu

42 minutes ago, KnotveryAthletic said:

Best to report this in the bug tracker.

1 minute ago, timmarkcorcoran said:

your lucky, ive gone from taking about 2 mins max to load game to it approaching 7mins to load to the main menu

Please report this in the bug tracker.

1 hour ago, Hovis Dexter said:

Doesn't work for me ... without all the contents in the movies folder the game doesn't load at all.

Keep the file named "Start.ivf". I deleted them all once before and experienced the same, added that one back and it worked for me.

1 hour ago, GOODNAME said:

Can you explain to me how to do it?

Im in here

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2023\data

After that what i need to do?

I believe what you are asking and to what is needed to be done is you will have had needed the original files to begin with, if you have updated automatically without saving these files elsewhere as mentioned you won't be able to rollback unless somehow those files are shared and sent to you.

42 minutes ago, Daz2205 said:

Keep the file named "Start.ivf". I deleted them all once before and experienced the same, added that one back and it worked for me.

Thanks for that. It certainly needs the "start.ivf" file because without that I just got a blank screen. However, with only the "start.ivf" file the game never loaded after a couple of minutes. I then tried it with "start.ivf" file plus each of the other files in turn, The only combination that worked was "start.ivf" together with "loading_wait.ivf". This combination took 1 minute and 7 seconds to load which is exactly the same time that it took with all of the files loaded :lol:

18 hours ago, KnotveryAthletic said:

Have you tried going on holiday for one day to get past it?

7 hours ago, Hovis Dexter said:

Doesn't work for me ... without all the contents in the movies folder the game doesn't load at all.

This. I had to put the files back in to start the game up. Lucky I saved them and remembered where.

Can send them to people if needed, let me know.

Edited by Cam NBH

for me i don`t have problem with loading. Before patch and after maybe 30 seconds to main menu.

Deleting all files tends to black screen. The only files needed is Start.ivf and loading_wait. Now to main menu it takes 10 seconds)

Edited by Orange2000

I suspect all your are doing by delting those files is removing the splash screens for licenses, akin to SI adding a skip button that many games have.

It's probably very dependent on what drive your game is on too, normal HDD or or SSD.

To fix any issues people might have would be changing preferences or other technical options. Probably best not to suggest people delete core directory files. Deleting settings folders is a little different. :D

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/12/2022 at 11:59, penza said:

yes you can rollback - i have BETA and 22.1 saved (everytime there is an update, copy all the folders in another file) that way you can play whichever version you want

Any way you could send me the 21.1 version mate? If give you my email? Game has been unplayable since update 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...