Netherlands vs USA, Round of 16. Live at 3pm GMT from the Khalifa International Stadium

Darius1998

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Weezer said:

US lack a cutting edge but the Dutch are being overrated and nobody in the last 16 should be worried about them.

US have zero cutting edge and are being overrated and nobody in the last 16 should be worried about them.

US playing within themselves, occasion has maybe got to them as they look cautious and nervy. Ferreira not helping as his first instinct always seems to be to come deep and go backwards. Only player trying to get at the Dutch is Dest, the full back.

Just now, Weezer said:

US have zero cutting edge and are being overrated and nobody in the last 16 should be worried about them.

Y I find this team very frustrating. The team gets hyped up in the press - 'this time is different', 'this team has arrived' - but when you actually watch them play you can't see any of that. 

4 minutes ago, The_jagster said:

I still don't see what others see in Alex Scott, just another generic pundit to me.

I've never been convinced with Alex Scott as a pundit.

Alex doesn't come out with as much rubbish as some other pundits, but she hardly adds anything truly insightful to the conversation. She also seems to be a more natural presenter. Can see her taking over from Lineker when he retires (rather her than Jenas, to be honest).

Edited by CFuller

Just now, CFuller said:

She also seems to be a more natural presenter. Can see her taking over from Lineker than he retires (rather her than Jenas, to be honest).

This is probably it. I don't think she adds anything as a pundit that wasn't already a thing before she arrived, apart from being a woman, it's all very mediocre and generic and I think she's overrated on that part.. But she does seem to have a natural gift for being on camera and is very personable so she'd probably be better as the presenter asking the questions rather than answering them.

2 minutes ago, skybluedave said:

What you on about. We need to know that Phil Foden won't be dyeing his hair this tournament

Kelly Somers is dreadful. I don’t miss the days where the press constantly had the knives out and were trying to trip the players and the manager up at every turn. But she is so far the other way it’s embarrassing.

”You had a brilliant game the other day!”

”What’s it like being a top England player?”

”Everyone at home would love to know how amazing it is playing at the World Cup!”

Just so grateful even to be in the room with them it’s nauseating.

3 minutes ago, Rob1981 said:

Kelly Somers is dreadful. I don’t miss the days where the press constantly had the knives out and were trying to trip the players and the manager up at every turn. But she is so far the other way it’s embarrassing.

”You had a brilliant game the other day!”

”What’s it like being a top England player?”

”Everyone at home would love to know how amazing it is playing at the World Cup!”

Just so grateful even to be in the room with them it’s nauseating.

I don't watch it that often so it might well only be the same 2 or three presenters on rotation.

But on Football Focus (plus that weird MotD3/X thing) there seems to be an endless supply of young women with sychophantic interviews pretending quite normal banter is hilarious, asking who dresses the worst etc.

Edited by The_jagster

5 minutes ago, The_jagster said:

I don't watch it that often so it might well only be the same 2 or three presenters on rotation.

But on Football Focus (plus that weird MotD3/X thing) there seems to be an endless supply of young women with sychophantic interviews pretending quite normal banter is hilarious, asking who dresses the worst etc.

Ferdinand and Richards amplify this. Far too concerned with being everyone's mate to offer critical analysis. In contrast people love Roy Keane because he doesn't give af and just tells it like he sees it

16 minutes ago, RTHerringbone said:

I keep trying to work out whether or not Gakpo is actually good. I'm not convinced he's at the level required for a Top 2 sort of club in the major European leagues.

Quietly been thinking the same thing. When we played PSV I didn’t notice him, Xavi Simons looked the brighter talent.

He has impressed me in moments but is he really on the level United should be aiming for, I can’t work it out either.