PMLF

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Orzelek said:

BTW - how old is the Kim defence?

Will we see them back in four years' time?

Kim is 32, Kim is 30, Kim is also 30, Kim is 26, and Kim is 27.

The right-back and one of the centre-backs might return in 2026; not sure about the others.

1 minute ago, CFuller said:

Tite [throws water bottle]: "That was a real Jekyll and Hyde display. The first half was great, but the second-half performance was completely unacceptable." :mad:

Korean coach takes heart. 'We won the second half'

Think Korea were still thinking of the old engine when trying so many lofted balls over the top in the second half.

Brazil still only looked troubled once they knew it was won despite Korea committing players forward, it's going to take a good performance to beat them and I can't see Croatia providing it.

Edited by The_jagster

• Administrators

Brazil look exploitable. Free scoring sure but not totally convinced they’ll roll over the rest yet. 
Best thing they’ve done is get confidence and rotate. 

Now Asia also eliminated from the World Cup. If Morocco lose tomorrow, there will be six Europeans and two South Americans left.

Edited by PMLF

There are tons of Moroccans here and it'll be a great atmosphere (one fanzone I went to even had the commentary for the Morocco-Belgium game in Arabic as there were so many there) but the way the group stages have gone I don't see it. The stronger nation will win through.

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, Rob1981 said:

Taking the keeper off with 15 minutes to go :D 

So disrespectful

Don’t really have a problem with it myself, think it’s good man management to give players time. Not sure what the point is to take players just for bodies on the bench. 

Was a bit more weird he was dancing though in celebration. That could have waited until they won. 

1 minute ago, skybluedave said:

Just give him one half in the dead rubber group game. Say somebody picked up a knock. 

He gave Ederson the dead rubber group game. And he had a clean sheet until second half stoppage time. I don't think it's a coincidence that Weverton came on after South Korea scored. 

23 minutes ago, ArsenalFan7 said:

Definitely, a nice memory for the player to have of playing in the World Cup. Who cares what the opposition think anyway.

I doubt the Koreans felt disrespected anyway, but as you said, whether they liked it or not is not important.

Paulo Bento has left the South Korean national team following their defeat today.

He was manager of Cruzeiro in 2016, couldn’t last longer than 2.5 months or so. :D 

Maybe he could return to Brazil and try his luck at another team.

Edited by PMLF

Football fan logic is so weird. A third goalkeeper is there to "potentially" play regardless how remote that chance is.

No one will bat an eyelid if a veteran player or up and coming youngster was subbed on in a game that was already won but a small few have this issue when it is a keeper.

It is almost like there is an invisible force that once a keeper did not start a game, they are automatically useless and bringing them on is a big issue.

Football needs to evolve its opinions about subs in general but especially things like this.