is there any way to scout/check opponent's usual line of engagement / defensive line?

• 2 weeks later...

nobody?
I'd really find it useful information to know wether they are attacking early or not.  in the game I have only found things about their pressing intensity but not if they are higher up on the pitch, or the opposite

il y a une heure, Feron a dit :

nobody?
I'd really find it useful information to know wether they are attacking early or not.  in the game I have only found things about their pressing intensity but not if they are higher up on the pitch, or the opposite

Unfortunately, I think it's not possible to have this information ! I think that the opposition scouting needs to be improved because, now, we have tons of informations about stuff we don't need (keepers excentricity) and it lacks very useful ones.

How are you able to know opposition's pressing intensity ?

exactly.

and if I knew if they tend to position higher up the pitch, I could try and exploit that or when I know that they stand very deep, I could use a low line of engagement, trying to lure them to me (given I have fast forwarders and players who are good at playing those key passes)

Instead, we only know if they play a gegenpress style or whatever.  as you said, this game gives us information about everything and their player's mothers but not things like that.

of course you could watch the whole match and react to it, but honestly, I have stopped doing that because I decided I don't want to get caught up too much in details, being able to finish a whole season in a reasonable amount of my lifetime. and again, I am only asking to know how the opponent tends to play in general, before I start the match.

Edited by Feron

Whilst I agree that some information could be more explicit, there are ways of knowing.  Let's start with the Scout Report section in the Data Hub.

image.thumb.png.56d198aaaf330fd9bce53dec8f03f8e2.png

Here I can see the preferred formation, mentality, pressing style, playing style and marking style of the opposition manager.  If I check the manager's profile, too, I can get an understanding of his tactical style and whether he has any tendencies:

image.thumb.png.5ae6cc12d7c62251c63fe4e1479afa6a.png

Now in this example, his tendencies and tactical preferences align with instructions which are already present in the Vertical Tiki-Taka style.  I can be pretty confident of how the team is going to set-up.  Finally using the expected formation from the Overview, I can have an idea of who will be playing and what roles they might fulfil:

image.thumb.png.506034c6ee3561f6b97ced3d41a46ad2.png

Rexhebecaj is likely to be more advanced than Jensen, whilst the wing-backs are mirrored, the defensive midfielders play on the same level, and the back-3 is flat.  I can also check the players themselves to see which duty they are stronger at with the selected role.  With all this in mind, this is what I'm expecting from Augbsurg in the next match:

image.png.568fe8ae974a987ef159a4cfadd357ee.png

Generally that would take me about 2 minutes, if that, before a game to check (I wouldn't normally set up their tactic in my own squad).