[FM23] New Zealand League + Oceania Champions League + FIFA Club World Cup (7 team format) + Florida Cup preseason cup

Hello to the Football Manager community and Merry Christmas in advance. I have finally got my final edited and tested versions of New Zealand league, along with the Oceania Champions League and FIFA Club World Cup working and mimicking their real life formats. I won't go into great detail about what is in each file as I will leave it as a surprise to those of you who play, but the Club World Cup is correctly qualifying the 7 respective teams and randomly choosing venues. The only small glitch is the two big sides from the Libertadores and Champions League play each other in the semi if the host is a European or South American nation. Otherwise it runs in December of each year because why change a format that isn't broken? The games are played at neutral venues as well. The Oceania Champions League now has the correct format with the preliminary phase played at a rotating central site and the group stage being played at four determined Pacific Island venues (makes it harder for the NZ teams to win every year). The quarterfinals have the first place group stage teams playing against the second place teams with the exception of playing the same team from your group (the real life competition rules exclude this). It is a single leg knockout phase played at the home stadium of the top seeded teams. I included a screenshot of the Auckland City competitions page as I was testing with them to see if the competitions were all working correctly. It is with great pleasure that I can finally offer a quality solution for anyone wanting to play in Oceania and for the people in the community who want a different kind of challenge. I give permission to anyone who wants/needs to use my files in the implementation of their projects. I am aware that  @adriano roberto and the Brazilian community are in the process of making their yearly file, so hopefully the Club World Cup can help you guys out. I threw in an updated Florida Cup preseason cup file that is played between a handful of teams from the Americas in January each year. In real life this hasn't started up again but I am sure in future years it will be back. Merry Christmas and I wish everyone the best of luck in their saves.

fifaclubworldcup1.jpg

fifaclubworldcup2.jpg

fifaclubworldcup3.jpg

ofcchampionsleague.jpg

aucklandcitycompetitions.jpg

OFC Champions League.fmf

FIFA Club World Cup.fmf Florida Cup.fmf

Edited by jimdownunder

On 21/12/2022 at 00:03, jimdownunder said:

Hello to the Football Manager community and Merry Christmas in advance. I have finally got my final edited and tested versions of New Zealand league, along with the Oceania Champions League and FIFA Club World Cup working and mimicking their real life formats. I won't go into great detail about what is in each file as I will leave it as a surprise to those of you who play, but the Club World Cup is correctly qualifying the 7 respective teams and randomly choosing venues. The only small glitch is the two big sides from the Libertadores and Champions League play each other in the semi if the host is a European or South American nation. Otherwise it runs in December of each year because why change a format that isn't broken? The games are played at neutral venues as well. The Oceania Champions League now has the correct format with the preliminary phase played at a rotating central site and the group stage being played at four determined Pacific Island venues (makes it harder for the NZ teams to win every year). The quarterfinals have the first place group stage teams playing against the second place teams with the exception of playing the same team from your group (the real life competition rules exclude this). It is a single leg knockout phase played at the home stadium of the top seeded teams. I included a screenshot of the Auckland City competitions page as I was testing with them to see if the competitions were all working correctly. It is with great pleasure that I can finally offer a quality solution for anyone wanting to play in Oceania and for the people in the community who want a different kind of challenge. I give permission to anyone who wants/needs to use my files in the implementation of their projects. I am aware that  @adriano roberto and the Brazilian community are in the process of making their yearly file, so hopefully the Club World Cup can help you guys out. I threw in an updated Florida Cup preseason cup file that is played between a handful of teams from the Americas in January each year. In real life this hasn't started up again but I am sure in future years it will be back. Merry Christmas and I wish everyone the best of luck in their saves.

fifaclubworldcup1.jpg

fifaclubworldcup2.jpg

fifaclubworldcup3.jpg

ofcchampionsleague.jpg

aucklandcitycompetitions.jpg

Hey guys,

I spotted a small error in the general competition rules for the league divisions and regional and national cups. Trialists were allowed to play and I have tidied up the age group competition rules. Here is the fix.

New Zealand Football League.fmf

Edited by jimdownunder

Merry Christmas to everyone. I have released the final edition of my files with everything working flawlessly between the divisions and teams staying where they should after I put some city boundaries in for each division. Because it is not a dynamic relegation system sometimes a few teams will move between divisions to compensate but in the main part the large majority of teams stay in their divisions. I also updated the FIFA Club World Cup to show neutral venues in the 2022 edition with the real life teams for this season. Enjoy.

New Zealand Football League.fmf FIFA Club World Cup.fmf

Edited by jimdownunder

8 hours ago, MJB1986 said:

Is it possible to add Australia to the Oceana Champions League?

Yes, if you add Australia to the nations index of the Oceania file you can replicate this. I won't be doing it as I wanted my file to be based on the real life setup in New Zealand. The Oceania Champions league and Club World Cup were difficult to setup and I imagine that integrating Australia into Oceania in either file could cause problems.

3 minutes ago, jimdownunder said:

Yes, if you add Australia to the nations index of the Oceania file you can replicate this. I won't be doing it as I wanted my file to be based on the real life setup in New Zealand. The Oceania Champions league and Club World Cup were difficult to setup and I imagine that integrating Australia into Oceania in either file could cause problems.

I uneerstand mate.

On 28/12/2022 at 22:49, TheBigPog said:

Thanks for this mate, only thing I noticed is that the prize money looks a bit weird as you get $1m for losing fifth round playoffs but nothing if you win - is this an editor bug?image.png.9f0fb7426d63bcf1f3ed6c70f3d75eb8.pngimage.png.58b978213d257fde7cfe3765cc11f509.png

image.thumb.png.0800fd781bb48be00706044332175a18.png

First of all Happy New Year to everyone. I have had a look in the editor and that seems to be a bug because in the fifth place playoff both teams should get $1,000,000 which I guess is this in pounds, but it shouldn't signal out the loser for an extra payment. I will have a play around with the prize money and see if it makes a difference. If I can get it working better I will make an amendment and submit a new file.

On 01/01/2023 at 14:01, jimdownunder said:

First of all Happy New Year to everyone. I have had a look in the editor and that seems to be a bug because in the fifth place playoff both teams should get $1,000,000 which I guess is this in pounds, but it shouldn't signal out the loser for an extra payment. I will have a play around with the prize money and see if it makes a difference. If I can get it working better I will make an amendment and submit a new file.

Happy new year to you as well!

Sorry to be a pain, I’ve found another glitch which I’m looking to try fix this one myself but thought I’d raise it here too so other people don’t run into the same thing like I did.

The glitch is in the Oceania champions league file- appears Papua New Guinean teams are not getting allocated a group after the first season, instead everyone in the qualifying is advancing. I suspect putting the maximum amount of teams advancing from the qualifying might fix it, but not been able to test this idea yet. 

Edited by TheBigPog

On 03/01/2023 at 20:33, TheBigPog said:

Happy new year to you as well!

Sorry to be a pain, I’ve found another glitch which I’m looking to try fix this one myself but thought I’d raise it here too so other people don’t run into the same thing like I did.

The glitch is in the Oceania champions league file- appears Papua New Guinean teams are not getting allocated a group after the first season, instead everyone in the qualifying is advancing. I suspect putting the maximum amount of teams advancing from the qualifying might fix it, but not been able to test this idea yet. 

I am playing a save with the files in 2027 and the group stage of the Oceania Champions League is working perfectly. Did you test out the new Club World Cup file to see if the prize money is correct? I see 10 people have downloaded that file.

ofcchampionsleague2027.jpg

20 minutes ago, jimdownunder said:

I am playing a save with the files in 2027 and the group stage of the Oceania Champions League is working perfectly. Did you test out the new Club World Cup file to see if the prize money is correct? I see 10 people have downloaded that file.

hey can you do FIFA Club World Cup 16 Teams please

1 hour ago, jimdownunder said:

The prize money for the Club World Cup seems to be working in a way that provides an incentive to win each game, albeit not exactly as listed. I’d be happy to try a long term save with that. 

7th - $500k

6th - $500k for losing Quarters + $1m

5th - $500k + $1.5m

4th - $1m for losing Semis + $2m

3rd- $1m + $2.5m

2nd - $1.5m for reaching final + $4m

1st- $1.5m + $5m

I’m going to try again for the Oceania Champions League. I highly suspect this might be down to me mixing and matching different editor files so I’m going to make sure it has the same qualification logic in each country as your New Zealand file and we’ll see what happens. 

On 07/01/2023 at 12:32, TheBigPog said:

The prize money for the Club World Cup seems to be working in a way that provides an incentive to win each game, albeit not exactly as listed. I’d be happy to try a long term save with that. 

7th - $500k

6th - $500k for losing Quarters + $1m

5th - $500k + $1.5m

4th - $1m for losing Semis + $2m

3rd- $1m + $2.5m

2nd - $1.5m for reaching final + $4m

1st- $1.5m + $5m

I’m going to try again for the Oceania Champions League. I highly suspect this might be down to me mixing and matching different editor files so I’m going to make sure it has the same qualification logic in each country as your New Zealand file and we’ll see what happens. 

That seems like an editor bug to me, because I took out the prize money per round and allocated money to the winner and loser of each game.

On 07/01/2023 at 10:51, LazgoNNO2000 said:

hey can you do FIFA Club World Cup 16 Teams please

There was never any suggestion by FIFA to have a 16 team edition. Initially it was 24 and now they are talking about 32. The in game version is 24 teams I believe. If you don't want to use the existing 7 team format just untick my file at the start of a game and it will revert to the in real life system which is 24 teams every 4 years if I am not mistaken.

25 minutes ago, jimdownunder said:

There was never any suggestion by FIFA to have a 16 team edition. Initially it was 24 and now they are talking about 32. The in game version is 24 teams I believe. If you don't want to use the existing 7 team format just untick my file at the start of a game and it will revert to the in real life system which is 24 teams every 4 years if I am not mistaken.

no made by you

instead of having 24 teams in 4 years make 16 teams in 1 year

• 3 weeks later...