Change title bar colour | FM23

lukewoodleymarshall

Apologies if there is a very simple answer to this or if this has already been answered, but I am looking to change my skin so that the titlebar appears like it does on this FM21 Skin below:

https://coffeehousefm.com/fmrensieblog/2021/11/7/rensie-custom-skin-for-fm21-v2

My knowledge of skinning is limited to say the least, I have managed to copy some files from this skin to be able to change the sidebar so far but when copying the files over and attempting to do this myself my title bar appears like this:

*This is for a custom club save I have created, not that it is particularly relevant or interesting to others*

If anyone could help with this it would be brilliant, cheers.

Screenshot 2023-01-20 at 01.56.57.png

9 minutes ago, lukewm said:

Apologies if there is a very simple answer to this or if this has already been answered, but I am looking to change my skin so that the titlebar appears like it does on this FM21 Skin below:

My knowledge of skinning is limited to say the least, I have managed to copy some files from this skin to be able to change the sidebar so far but when copying the files over and attempting to do this myself my title bar appears like this:

*This is for a custom club save I have created, not that it is particularly relevant or interesting to others*

Screenshot 2023-01-20 at 01.56.57.png

I am also having an issue with my sidebar in my Tottenham save as the whole sidebar including text and icons are all white as shown below:

Screenshot 2023-01-20 at 02.09.38.png

I've actually just had and solved the same problem when I merged two skins. One of them is Flutskin. He had a folder full of alternative customisations including a folder of files to add for making the title bar and sidebar an easily-visible grey. If you download his pack, there's no need to use his skin, just pop those files in to your skin folder. That's if your skin has a folder - if it's just an *fmf file you'll need to experts to tell you how to open it up.

6 hours ago, lukewm said:

almost all widgets in the sidebar and in the titlebar use different graphics, such as icons, appearance... it seems that you did not copy something from ./graphics folder, and maybee from ./panels/menubar folder

13 hours ago, Olas Nick said:

almost all widgets in the sidebar and in the titlebar use different graphics, such as icons, appearance... it seems that you did not copy something from ./graphics folder, and maybee from ./panels/menubar folder

Ah right I see mate, all I have done really is move these files from an FM21 skin into an FM23 base skin folder so would make sense if it did not code the same way.

Screenshot 2023-01-20 at 20.43.03.png

Sorted now thank you. 

I copied the graphics and menubar folders from the original skin and it is up and running, currently trying to figure out how to get the data hub and squad planner buttons to align with the secondary colours like all other icons as well as maybe changing the colour of the icon when highlighted as you can see:

Screenshot 2023-01-20 at 21.30.29.png

Edited by lukewoodleymarshall

1 hora atrás, lukewm disse:

Ah right I see mate, all I have done really is move these files from an FM21 skin into an FM23 base skin folder so would make sense if it did not code the same way.

Screenshot 2023-01-20 at 20.43.03.png

Sorted now thank you. 

I copied the graphics and menubar folders from the original skin and it is up and running, currently trying to figure out how to get the data hub and squad planner buttons to align with the secondary colours like all other icons as well as maybe changing the colour of the icon when highlighted as you can see:

Screenshot 2023-01-20 at 21.30.29.png

I remember doing something similar for another icon, but try putting the icon you want named "data hub" and "data hub@2x" inside graphics\icons\26px AND/OR graphics\icons\sidebar. I believe the small one needs to be 26x26 and the other 52x52 px. Clear cache and restart your skin, it should work.

Me and someone else managed to solve that as mentioned here.

If you dont have these icons, they can be taken from any skin around or even via Resource Archiver.

Edited by lugui

1 hour ago, lugui said:

I remember doing something similar for another icon, but try putting the icon you want named "data hub" and "data hub@2x" inside graphics\icons\26px AND/OR graphics\icons\sidebar. I believe the small one needs to be 26x26 and the other 52x52 px. Clear cache and restart your skin, it should work.

Me and someone else managed to solve that as mentioned here.

If you dont have these icons, they can be taken from any skin around or even via Resource Archiver.

Will I be able to make said icons the same colours as the other icons? not just a one-time colour change but be able to set it to secondary or primary?

Here is what my graphics folder looks like, would I need to create a sidebar folder?

Screenshot 2023-01-20 at 23.43.39.png

Edited by lukewoodleymarshall

23 minutos atrás, lukewm disse:

Will I be able to make said icons the same colours as the other icons? not just a one-time colour change but be able to set it to secondary or primary?

1195856719_datahub.png.7f19366f30246cbe827c264afa208fec.png1302879785_datahub@2x.png.2f7e60e30c526e20d80d3bf9f7b191ab.pngreport.png.75b9ce907e153b49a1add3d82919e5c0.pngreport@2x.png.752122e00001c6405dcd340fa5f3cc44.png 

I think these are the icons you are looking for.

As far as your last question, these customs sidebars are tricky, they seem to have a life of their own, depending on how you managed to edit everything in order to make it match the colour of search top bar.

In my case, after a lot of dead ends, I didnt use any config files to set the colour....they just kept the secondary one as I wanted:

image.png.afd51f0a0790aa3515a6c726e49266bb.png

Anyway, I think wont hurt - and should work, lets hope - if you thow a couple .xml with the icons on such folder, just make sure you adjust the info below to your liking, give it a try:

<colour id="red_replacement" name="XX"/>
    <colour id="blue_replacement" name="XX"/>

If all that fails, check what you have on menubar/data hub icon and planner icon.xml, you should be able to set the colours from there as well.

data hub.xml report.xml data hub icon.xml planner icon.xml

Edited by lugui

2 hours ago, lugui said:

1195856719_datahub.png.7f19366f30246cbe827c264afa208fec.png1302879785_datahub@2x.png.2f7e60e30c526e20d80d3bf9f7b191ab.pngreport.png.75b9ce907e153b49a1add3d82919e5c0.pngreport@2x.png.752122e00001c6405dcd340fa5f3cc44.png 

I think these are the icons you are looking for.

As far as your last question, these customs sidebars are tricky, they seem to have a life of their own, depending on how you managed to edit everything in order to make it match the colour of search top bar.

In my case, after a lot of dead ends, I didnt use any config files to set the colour....they just kept the secondary one as I wanted:

image.png.afd51f0a0790aa3515a6c726e49266bb.png

2 hours ago, lugui said:

Anyway, I think wont hurt - and should work, lets hope - if you thow a couple .xml with the icons on such folder, just make sure you adjust the info below to your liking, give it a try:

<colour id="red_replacement" name="XX"/>
    <colour id="blue_replacement" name="XX"/>

If all that fails, check what you have on menubar/data hub icon and planner icon.xml, you should be able to set the colours from there as well.

data hub.xml 157 B · 1 download report.xml 157 B · 0 downloads data hub icon.xml 479 B · 1 download planner icon.xml 241 B · 1 download

Sorted now, legend.

Don't suppose you would know how to change the colour of this icon or maybe what xml file I would need to look into to fix this? 

I would like it to appear like it does in the first image (default skin) in the second image (skin I am using/plan to use)

Screenshot 2023-01-21 at 02.55.54.png

Screenshot 2023-01-21 at 02.56.37.png

20 minutos atrás, lukewm disse:

Sorted now, legend.

Don't suppose you would know how to change the colour of this icon or maybe what xml file I would need to look into to fix this? 

I would like it to appear like it does in the first image (default skin) in the second image (skin I am using/plan to use)

Screenshot 2023-01-21 at 02.55.54.png

Screenshot 2023-01-21 at 02.56.37.png

The notification circle and the text colour for the numbers will be controlled by the graphic file AND/OR the button.xml inside: \graphics\buttons\custom\interface\notification

I assume that in your case you wont have any of them, but you can just create a single button.xml and play around with the "values" of your liking.

In my case, I use a graphic with a border, so you can understand what each of the values below will represent:

image.png.6cea7f4b77f69be211bf618dc72f882f.png

<!-- image properties -->
<properties>

<!-- image borders -->
	<!-- these determine how many pixels any content is inset from each side of the image -->
	<!-- (for example, in the case of a button, the content would be the text label) -->
	<record id="image_borders" left="2" right="2" top="1" bottom="0"/>

<!-- image slices determine the points at which the image will be sliced to enable scaling -->
	<!-- the image will only slice in the directions slicing values are provided for-->
	<record id="image_slices" left="8" right="8"/>

<record id="font_spec">
		<flags id="font" value="fonts/primary_button"/> 
		<flags id="colour" value="bg darker"/>
	</record>

<colour id="red_replacement" name="orange 600"/>
	<colour id="blue_replacement" name="bg lighter"/>

</properties>

button.png

button@2x.png

button.xml

10 hours ago, lugui said:

The notification circle and the text colour for the numbers will be controlled by the graphic file AND/OR the button.xml inside: \graphics\buttons\custom\interface\notification

I assume that in your case you wont have any of them, but you can just create a single button.xml and play around with the "values" of your liking.

In my case, I use a graphic with a border, so you can understand what each of the values below will represent:

image.png.6cea7f4b77f69be211bf618dc72f882f.png

<!-- image properties -->
<properties>

<!-- image borders -->
	<!-- these determine how many pixels any content is inset from each side of the image -->
	<!-- (for example, in the case of a button, the content would be the text label) -->
	<record id="image_borders" left="2" right="2" top="1" bottom="0"/>

<!-- image slices determine the points at which the image will be sliced to enable scaling -->
	<!-- the image will only slice in the directions slicing values are provided for-->
	<record id="image_slices" left="8" right="8"/>

<record id="font_spec">
		<flags id="font" value="fonts/primary_button"/> 
		<flags id="colour" value="bg darker"/>
	</record>

<colour id="red_replacement" name="orange 600"/>
	<colour id="blue_replacement" name="bg lighter"/>

</properties>

button.png

button@2x.png

button.xml 787 B · 0 downloads

Thank you so much!