How do 2nd/B teams work?

Maybe a dumb question, but I've never actually encountered this before -

I just took over VPS in Finland, and they have some sort of 2nd/B team called VPS Juniorit that is separate from both the Reserves and U20s.

If I move players from there to my main squad, the wage bill goes down accordingly, and vice versa, so it seems that their finances are separate. But surely they feed into the same main bank balance, even if they don't directly impact the budgets I personally have to play with?

So could I just release every player there to help our finances overall? How exactly do they interact?

Haven't played in Finland for ages, but I imagine they function as 2nd teams does in Spain. Where you can only send them players who have not yet played X number of matches for the first team. Sort of like an affiliate, but that your club owns. So I don't think you should be able to send them all players, but rather the ones you want to get more playing time. If you can do what you say, however, I'd consider it a bug which should be reported.

Second teams don't make much sense to me in this game. 

In my Greece save, I love my B team. Can move players back and forth as needed and hire the coaches. If I can't find a good top flight loan for a young talent, off to the Greek second league. It's like playing FM on easy mode. To the point in the future I'm not managing in Greece because it makes it so simple.

I quit a Belgium save because interacting with it was such a hassle. I couldn't post adverts for openings on the "B team" staff. I couldn't make a first teamer "available" for a lower league manager, but I could use lower league players in my first team. And issues like that. Maybe I just didn't understand the rules for eligibility of players, but no way should I not be able to post adverts for B team position but I can go to a coach and offer them a spot on B team.

As said above, the B teams work really well in some leagues and are just utterly pointless in others.

Managing B team staff is a total nightmare no matter where you are. The first team staff screen is fantastic but is only accessible for the B team if I take full control of training. I'm not sure why this is but it makes managing B team staff a complete hassle. 
This has been an issue for as long as I can remember. 

Also unable to expand the staff quotas for a B team. Have never been able to and I'm not sure if it's even possible.

I'd imagine someone will come and tell me to check my staff responsibilities. A lot of these screens become accessible when taking control of youth training, but I don't want to do that, I just want to manage the staff.

Now there's one player I can't move to VPS J and I have no idea why. No explanation, it's just not an option to move him there like it is for everyone else as far as I can tell...

image.thumb.png.b1a0f66f4f6fbaeffe2cfe46d00297c0.png

Well I just had some unfit players get some minutes in with my Juniorit side to build fitness...... and now they can't play in the cup for me because apparently that Juniorit portion of my club was playing in the same cup I'll be entering later, so they're now cup-tied.

Something to look out for, I guess.