Is FM23 worth buying?

I'd suggest you wait after the winter update then try the demo yourself.

Personally I don't think it's a huge upgrade from FM22 although there are things I really like about it compared to the previous versions of FM

4 minutes ago, forameuss said:

I'll honestly never understand why people completely discount forming their own opinion using the demo in favour of incredibly biased (in any direction, positive or negative) opinions from complete strangers.

This.

The demo should give any user a lot of info to make an informed decision.

Every user have their own view of what is important and not, and I know things that I'm not satisfied with or things I love that others don't care about and vice versa, so I personally wouldn't trust the judgement of others when I have the chance to test it myself.

1 minute ago, Sunstrikuuu said:

You don't understand why people like to get opinions before investing several hours into the demo?

Honestly I don't. If you're going to try the demo anyway you might as well do it without asking. 

Nothing good is going to come from asking people's opinion. There are people that overblow issues then there is the fact that something that bothers me you might not even care about

5 minutes ago, DarJ said:

Honestly I don't. If you're going to try the demo anyway you might as well do it without asking. 

Nothing good is going to come from asking people's opinion. There are people that overblow issues then there is the fact that something that bothers me you might not even care about

The reason is time.  It takes time to play enough to have informed opinions.  The things that really annoyed me about FM22 didn't become apparent until a few seasons in.  The playing time/new contract spam of prior versions didn't start until six months in.  How long does it take to play through a season?  Twenty hours?  And if what you really care about is long-term saves, where you're starting to deal with a whole new generation of players, you haven't even seen the bits you care about.  I'd much rather hear some informed opinions from people before I invest that time into the demo.

1 minute ago, Sunstrikuuu said:

The reason is time.  It takes time to play enough to have informed opinions.  The things that really annoyed me about FM22 didn't become apparent until a few seasons in.  The playing time/new contract spam of prior versions didn't start until six months in.  How long does it take to play through a season?  Twenty hours?  And if what you really care about is long-term saves, where you're starting to deal with a whole new generation of players, you haven't even seen the bits you care about.  I'd much rather hear some informed opinions from people before I invest that time into the demo.

Thank you, exactly this. Don’t really have much time to play the demo at the moment which is why I have chosen to ask for feedback but of course will play the demo to make my on judgements of the game too.

10 minutes ago, maestro31 said:

Im usually more interested in the match engine, player development, regens.

I've only played two matches in FM23.  It seems pretty similar compared to FM22's, though maybe more direct.  Don't have a great handle on it.

Old players stick around longer than I'm comfortable with at the top level.  Based on the holidaying I did, the game world feels static and a little bit boring.  The top teams don't have a lot of squad turnover, and teams that maybe should be fragile (Barcelona) are pretty stable.

At this point in time my answer would be NO . They are even offering 20% off so that tells you something ? Play station is set for its second release in Feb after a failed start . Reasons for me are mainly ..  Poor match day because my NVidia graphics engine can't cope causing the game to become jerky and not smooth even after fixes from SI and the update and yet I can play Total War , Fifa23 etc with no issues.  Poor 3D graphics with stadiums and pitch.  Scores are way to high . 4-4 ... 5-3..  3-2 quite constantly.  32 shots scoring 1 goal versus 3 shots scoring 3 goals for example are very constant. The ME im not sure of because the Beta release it was so different and chaotic and was really good but because of a flaw of goals over the top of defenders they patched a fix and now im just not sure because all the good things it had disappeared.  

As for the so called new features well I dont use them . They are just not relevant to me . How many more mundane features can they dream up . Will we had an expresso coffee machine next year . 

The next patch will be the defining moment for me to consider dropping the game altogether.  I started with FM08 and gave every game since but disappointed in this . FM18 was the only other game I felt ripped off.  I've always bought the Beta versions first but for FM24 im not going too. 

Stick with FM22 is my opinion and wait for FM24 to see if its improves 

Thanks for the feedback, very much appreciated. I’ve noticed in every version the game is flawed until the winter update patch which I think is not ideal since the game can be played from March to October/Nov before new edition comes out. I know a lot of work goes into the game but surely a half decent game should be ready on release as people are paying for a game that has a lot of flaws and isn’t fixed until 4 months after release.

5 hours ago, alian62 said:

At this point in time my answer would be NO . They are even offering 20% off so that tells you something ? Play station is set for its second release in Feb after a failed start . Reasons for me are mainly ..  Poor match day because my NVidia graphics engine can't cope causing the game to become jerky and not smooth even after fixes from SI and the update and yet I can play Total War , Fifa23 etc with no issues.  Poor 3D graphics with stadiums and pitch.  Scores are way to high . 4-4 ... 5-3..  3-2 quite constantly.  32 shots scoring 1 goal versus 3 shots scoring 3 goals for example are very constant. The ME im not sure of because the Beta release it was so different and chaotic and was really good but because of a flaw of goals over the top of defenders they patched a fix and now im just not sure because all the good things it had disappeared.  

As for the so called new features well I dont use them . They are just not relevant to me . How many more mundane features can they dream up . Will we had an expresso coffee machine next year . 

The next patch will be the defining moment for me to consider dropping the game altogether.  I started with FM08 and gave every game since but disappointed in this . FM18 was the only other game I felt ripped off.  I've always bought the Beta versions first but for FM24 im not going too. 

Stick with FM22 is my opinion and wait for FM24 to see if its improves 

Completely agree.. defo do not buy all above true down to a tee. Bugs aswel all over it don’t get me started on ME it’s a joke

• XaW locked this topic