Improve my system: Finding the 180-200PA

World > Transfers > Youth Intake -- add all youth intake to a 'base shortlist - call it REGEN'

It gets to a point that every player in the game is on your 'REGEN' shortlist. 

Every couple of months I rake through players ordered by Media Description == Promising X will be moved to a different 'Promising' shortlist, Wonderkid media description is moved to a shortlist of Wonderkid.

All players on these shortlists of Promising and Wonderkid are scouted.

Hire as many scouts as possible, with as close to 20-20 as you can get - give a toss about rest of the stats --- I'm telling you the player to scout, I'm the  Head Scout; I need 20:20 scouting, not a Jonny Holiday that knows Denmark inside out with Determination of 20, but JPA of 13.

Based on this system, is there a way of improving it? 

I know I'm not going to sign up every 200PA going, but every 200PA has to be a Wonderkid - and will be on my shortlist and scouted.

Edited by BrunoG39

The major flaw I can spot is that if I'm not mistaken, media description is based on reputation, rather than actual CA/PA. So you will gather everyone who has a high enough reputation, but you will miss those who have low reputation.

6 minutes ago, XaW said:

The major flaw I can spot is that if I'm not mistaken, media description is based on reputation, rather than actual CA/PA. So you will gather everyone who has a high enough reputation, but you will miss those who have low reputation.

Age, CA for his age and reputation, in the case of the Wonderkid label. Can't remember what exactly the numbers should be to trigger the description, but I did quick tests and PA wasn't a factor. It still listed the player as a Wonderkid even with his PA being 1 point above his CA.

That said, it's not a bad way to find talented youngsters. The problem is that with the reputation already, he's already quite well known, so might not be cheap! 

Wasn't suggesting this was a definitive system for scouting. There is the next 198PA is in each of our saves - surely if your going to find him, he's going to be either a Wonderkid or Promising.

I have thousands upon thousands of scout reports; but if there is the next Messi in there somewhere, this surely is the system to find him. 

The base logic of the game, regarding scouting makes zero no to me. Hire a bunch of scouts. a head scout - and they randomly find you players.

The system I'm doing is far more effective, and stops excessive millions spent on needless holiday/scouting missions - also excessive spending on scout wages.

If you are lower league, 3x 14/14 scouts is GOLD, compared to FM wanting you to hire a DOF, HOYD, Sports Scientist, and countless U23/U18 staff. 

Hire as many 20:20 JPA/JPP scouts as you can, and tell them who to scout. 

Edited by BrunoG39

20 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

Age, CA for his age and reputation, in the case of the Wonderkid label. Can't remember what exactly the numbers should be to trigger the description, but I did quick tests and PA wasn't a factor. It still listed the player as a Wonderkid even with his PA being 1 point above his CA.

That said, it's not a bad way to find talented youngsters. The problem is that with the reputation already, he's already quite well known, so might not be cheap! 

If I remember correctly was at least 18 y/o and CA 120 for Wonderkid description. PA as you said is not a factor.

"Promising" in age 15-17 y/o and Determination 15+ is high PA as well.

Another method to find is:

Players Search > New Search

International Caps: At Least 1
Sort by World Reputation

Scout these finds

International Caps: At Least 5 (or 10)
Sort by World Reputation

Scout these finds

I am still searching for the jackpot in FM: Model Citizen with Evasive or Reserved (Media Handing Description) :D

30 minutes ago, XaW said:

When was the last 180-200 player that had low reputation, suddenly explode to high reputation? 

The best regen in your game didn't start with a low reputation - they would have been playing for National team, U21/23.

You can look through and scroll to find the players that PSG/Man U/Man City are trying to buy = Wanted is a big alarm that a player is of worth something regarding CP/PA. 

Edited by BrunoG39

Just now, BrunoG39 said:

When was the last 180-200 player that had low reputation, suddenly explode to high reputation? 

The best regen in your game didn't start with a low reputation - they would have been playing for National team, U21/23.

You can look through and scroll to find the players that PSG/Man U/Man City are trying to buy = Wanted is a big alarm that a player is of worth.

You said you are looking for PA > 180, and I (while not being sure and @HUNT3Rcorrected me), said that PA does not impact media description. Nothing more, nothing less.

9 minutes ago, XaW said:

You said you are looking for PA > 180, and I (while not being sure and @HUNT3Rcorrected me), said that PA does not impact media description. Nothing more, nothing less.

No, not looking exclusively for PA > 180. 

Surely though, if I'm scouting every player that generated into the game that's described either as Promising or Wonderkid - I'm going to have a scout report on the next Messi.

Whether I can sign the next 195-200/Messi Regen is another question all together - but surely that player isn't flying under the radar when it comes to Media Description, or me finding them. 

This surely is a better system for finding players. Surely more effective than hiring a Chief Scout, DOF, and a countless number of scouts that have **** idea what they are doing.

Not saying it's perfect, just wanting ideas on how it could be improved...

Edited by BrunoG39

It makes sense to assume the better youngsters would have the higher potential. Scouts IRL and in FM do that as well. It's difficult to spot high potential players with lower current abilities.

I think it was a good move to include "promising" players along with "wonderkid" players. 

Like I say, I'm not going to sign the next 16yo Neymar from Santos as soon as he's regen'd into the game, but this method surely will get a scout report on him by the time he's 18 and scoring for fun at Santos.

Barca AI would have found him, but leaving it up to my Head Scout - it would have been a wonder if he found cock to ****(urinate) from.

Man U/PSG/Man City/Liverpool etc. instantly sign players with high CA - short of using a Scout mod, this has to be the best system to beat the mentioned teams from hoovering up players.

Open up your game, look at the best player in the game, or the £150M+ transfers -  bet you wish you'd signed him at source.

If you have PSG constantly bidding for your player - I bet he was described either as a Wonderkid or Promising. 

Edited by BrunoG39

1 hour ago, HUNT3R said:

Aye, it's nearly impossible managing in England as well with the work permits. 

I met the release clause of a forward from Flamengo (£18.75M), no work permit granted - goes to Real Madrid, never played, on loan at Napoli. Impossible to ever buy him, the AI has ruined a either footed, 20 flair 18 techique 20 decision - plus 14-18s across finishing, dribbling etic.

Real Madrid trasfer list him, and I have to pay £80M. The AI granted a work permit for him to Spain, because muh' wurk purmit UK'

He's still the two footed mercurial Brazilian, but it's boring as I've missed out on training this player from age 18-22.  

The thing about targeting players by media description is that since it's reputation based you'll never be able to afford them all, will spend a lot of money on some CA 130 teenagers that are playing really well but have a CA of 138 and will still miss some sensations. The NxGn lists are very hit and miss too. For realism purposes that's great (and you'll also mop up a lot of PA155 players that can forge a great side). But if you actually want to focus on the Messis, use an editor or third party "scout" tool and prepare to be surprised

I mean, here's a player who's much better than most players his age, at Man Utd and has already played in the Europa League. He also has 200PA:eek: and a personality that will probably let him get there, so he's definitely the Messi of his generation. His description is only "attacking midfielder" though

image.thumb.png.b9de7ce105f5b473f5b2f2c0175be96c.png

(Yes, I peeked. First save I ran when the game was out, mainly for test purposes and with an obviously stacked club, so it wasn't terribly serious. Might go back and play it at some point though, simply because I doubt I've ever had a youth prospect this good in normal play)

On 01/02/2023 at 14:39, enigmatic said:

The thing about targeting players by media description is that since it's reputation based you'll never be able to afford them all, will spend a lot of money on some CA 130 teenagers that are playing really well but have a CA of 138 and will still miss some sensations. The NxGn lists are very hit and miss too. For realism purposes that's great (and you'll also mop up a lot of PA155 players that can forge a great side). But if you actually want to focus on the Messis, use an editor or third party "scout" tool and prepare to be surprised

I mean, here's a player who's much better than most players his age, at Man Utd and has already played in the Europa League. He also has 200PA:eek: and a personality that will probably let him get there, so he's definitely the Messi of his generation. His description is only "attacking midfielder" though

image.thumb.png.b9de7ce105f5b473f5b2f2c0175be96c.png

(Yes, I peeked. First save I ran when the game was out, mainly for test purposes and with an obviously stacked club, so it wasn't terribly serious. Might go back and play it at some point though, simply because I doubt I've ever had a youth prospect this good in normal play)

Surely both of those players will move on to becoming classed as 'Wonderkids' anyway, or at least 'Promising'; and even if you did use a 3rd party editor to find such a player as the lad from Man United, you're still not going to be able to buy the player, so that point is mute.  

If and when either of those players change to become Wonderkids, they are then spotted and scouted - the player then comes onto my radar.