Advise for new beginner player to FM23

I love strategy, data driven games, however I have no clue regarding football management (not even basic formations), is there a place to help me get started , the game is so massive it overwhelms me and I am not sure where to start although I know I must play a carrier mode to begin with. 

29 minutes ago, DarJ said:

There are excellent guides pinned in the tactic forum.
but don’t over think it, you can start with the preset style and formation while changing a few things 

Agree with that, the presets are a good place to start. As for the guides I found Pair and Combinations to be very informative and easily understood.

Advice?  Inform the bank...leave your GF, let your parents know once a week you're ok...snacks, drinks...have a pillow and duvet close by....

Don't forget to go the toilet....always an important one....ummm....sure there are other things.

Just play the game and learn as you go along. Use the in game tutorials to familiarise yourself with the menus and navigation and look things up if you get stuck or confused. Don't worry too much about results on your first few saves and enjoy the learning curve.

I personally don't recommend watching reams of YouTube videos and tutorials, as with a game like FM, doing is a much better way to learn than watching someone else do it, which is quite frankly, pretty boring IMO.

Edited by Robioto

10 hours ago, Robioto said:

I personally don't recommend watching reams of YouTube videos and tutorials, as with a game like FM, doing is a much better way to learn than watching someone else do it, which is quite frankly, pretty boring IMO.

You can also get confusing opinions or get stuck playing only a certain way because people who have no idea what they’re doing tell you that’s the only thing that works

• 3 weeks later...

Take a smaller Club. Read every thing. Listen to your coaches. Play simple. Save your money.

The way you take is the fun. Silverware is only Bonus.

Read a tactic bible. One of the older ones. Dont use orhers tactics.