Facilities bugged/locked?

Im currently at the start of season 5 with Aarau FC, a club starting in Swiss 2nd division. Thanks to the prize money and some good sales, Ive been consistently been making money, and upgrading both the training and youth facilities.

However, for about 18 months now, Im unable to ask for an improvement in the youth facilities (now at 3.5stars). Its not that the board denies it. I just simply cant ask it, its not an option in the board requests. I waited for the season to tick over to hopefully have it re-appear, but no luck.

The reason that I make this post, because it looks like now the training facilities are also bugged. I got agreement for an improvement last march (cost: €5m, so its not that we are pisspoor), but after a failed/cancelled takeover, I suddenly didnt see the "training facilities will be completed" on the board vision anymore. And as you can guess, I cant ask them to improve them.....

Anyone got experiece with being unable to requests improvements?

24 minutes ago, XaW said:

Not sure if this is applicable to your save or not, but it seems like the same:

Ok, thats not good news for long term saves/building a nation....

Anyway to fix this with the Ingame editor (aside from simply bumping up the facilities rating)?

3 minutes ago, eXistenZ said:

Ok, thats not good news for long term saves/building a nation....

Anyway to fix this with the Ingame editor (aside from simply bumping up the facilities rating)?

Well, a takeover would solve it, I think. I'm not overly familiar with the IGE, but if you can make the owner want to sell, then that would possibly fix it?

Or, just amp up the facilities and reduce the club balance in a reasonable amount to act as if it had happened?

6 minutes ago, XaW said:

Well, a takeover would solve it, I think. I'm not overly familiar with the IGE, but if you can make the owner want to sell, then that would possibly fix it?

Or, just amp up the facilities and reduce the club balance in a reasonable amount to act as if it had happened?

Yeahi was think of the latter, but i can only have a vague guess at what the cost would be.

Is there a way to change the chairman/owner? dont see it atm.

Things like this is another reason why its borderline criminal to raise the price on the IGE. if anything, it should be handed out for free if you see what savebreaking bugs there are.....

I can get that it's annoying but in real life I'm pretty sure Brentford don't even have an academy. I guess it's down to the ambition of the owner/chairperson as was referenced in the post above. Never heard of it before however.

Edit,

Maybe you could do something in club vision when you get the opportunity, I'm sure there's options to do with bringing youth through.

Edited by Stantoner
Adding to post

7 hours ago, Stantoner said:

I can get that it's annoying but in real life I'm pretty sure Brentford don't even have an academy. I guess it's down to the ambition of the owner/chairperson as was referenced in the post above. Never heard of it before however.

Yeah, it's totally realistic. I recently fell out with my board. The solution wasn't to resort to the editor - it was to resign and find a club with a more suitable board.

4 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

Yeah, it's totally realistic. I recently fell out with my board. The solution wasn't to resort to the editor - it was to resign and find a club with a more suitable board.

I agree with you. If a place doesnt allow you to do your work as you see fit, you should resign.

However, (aside from the fact I love doing one club saves and making them big, but i guess im a weirdo and isolated in this case), I cant fall out with my board over this. Because there is NO option to even discuss it.  At least put the option in and allow me to threaten resignation.

No, instead I just have to guess why something isnt available, and  resort to the forums to find it....

Sorry, thats poor gamedesign from multiple perspectives

2 minutes ago, eXistenZ said:

I agree with you. If a place doesnt allow you to do your work as you see fit, you should resign.

However, (aside from the fact I love doing one club saves and making them big, but i guess im a weirdo and isolated in this case), I cant fall out with my board over this. Because there is NO option to even discuss it.  At least put the option in and allow me to threaten resignation.

No, instead I just have to guess why something isnt available, and  resort to the forums to find it....

Sorry, thats poor gamedesign from multiple perspectives

The option is there - I used it. You make a request to the board; you're turned down. You insist. You're turned down. You threaten that you can't continue your job. The board either caves in or offers you the chance to follow through on your ultimatum. If that sequence isn't available (and it probably will be if you nag them for a while), there's always the resign option.

Mine was intended to be a one-club Academy-Only long-term save. What actually happened is the chairman I started with retired, the successor stood down after less than a season, and the third chairman was a total git. It's the sort of bad luck any real manager might face. So, I'm still on a one-club make-it-big save, just with a different club!

Oh, and I'm delighted to see the club that didn't appreciate me are bottom of their league and heading back to obscurity while my new club is top of our league :hammer:

No it litterally isnt there. ive threatened resignation before. See my first post. For the past 18months I havent been able to ask to improve youth facilities.

Its not that i was turned down. The option just isnt there it hasnt been there for over a year

image.png.ac02f569cc089e24882cf2e77d5dd0d5.png

Edited by eXistenZ

42 minutes ago, eXistenZ said:

No it litterally isnt there. ive threatened resignation before. See my first post. For the past 18months I havent been able to ask to improve youth facilities.

Its not that i was turned down. The option just isnt there it hasnt been there for over a year

image.png.ac02f569cc089e24882cf2e77d5dd0d5.png

Well you try the patient approach as advocated by Herne, or you can do the nuclear option: Home>Contract>Resign.

Ok, i hope I wasnt the inspiration for that vid. But I agree, the lack of transparancy is what is the major bummer here.

Lack of transparancy + limiting of options are two very bad things to put in a game (speaking of my 1000s of hours of videogaming)

I could wait for a takeover, but there was already one failed, and in my experience, Of all the times there were rumours, maybe 5-10% actually resulted in a takeover (and in most instances i didnt want it). Never had any luck getting to board to change their club vision either. Even asking a 100 more in wage for yourself is often unobtainable....

37 minutes ago, eXistenZ said:

Ok, i hope I wasnt the inspiration for that vid. But I agree, the lack of transparancy is what is the major bummer here.

Lack of transparancy + limiting of options are two very bad things to put in a game (speaking of my 1000s of hours of videogaming)

I could wait for a takeover, but there was already one failed, and in my experience, Of all the times there were rumours, maybe 5-10% actually resulted in a takeover (and in most instances i didnt want it). Never had any luck getting to board to change their club vision either. Even asking a 100 more in wage for yourself is often unobtainable....

Wow, it's certainly a timely and full answer to your question!

Like I said, I decided to quit the club rather than wait around for something that might never happen, like he said he did.

21 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

Wow, it's certainly a timely and full answer to your question!

Like I said, I decided to quit the club rather than wait around for something that might never happen, like he said he did.

I picked the club for a very specific reason (which sounds maybe a bit arbitrary), but I had known in advance i would run into this I wouldnt have picked them.

But there was no way to know this......

1 minute ago, eXistenZ said:

I picked the club for a very specific reason (which sounds maybe a bit arbitrary), but I had known in advance i would run into this I wouldnt have picked them.

But there was no way to know this......

Yeah, that's Daljit's point. I agree SI should offer some hint before you choose a club, such as seeing some visible attributes of the chairman or general understanding of the club culture. But again, real-life chairmen are often dodgy as F and behind the scenes make a manager's life hell.

25 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

Yeah, that's Daljit's point. I agree SI should offer some hint before you choose a club, such as seeing some visible attributes of the chairman or general understanding of the club culture. But again, real-life chairmen are often dodgy as F and behind the scenes make a manager's life hell.

At which point I should be able to offer an ultimatum for resignation. A mechanic thats in the game, but not available here, for what at first glance seem arbitrary reasons.

If this was an option, honestly i owuld have had no qualms. I would call the board dickheads and stubborn greedy morons, but now I basicly have to resign for what seem total arbitrary reasons, which to me personally ruins the story im trying to build.

Guess im about to take abreak from FM and wait for the march update and hopefully some things get adressed.... Tactics wise and ME i think this edition is great. But its all the stuff around it (staff management, player interaction, stuff like this) that feels it took 3 step back rather than forward

Edited by eXistenZ

2 minutes ago, eXistenZ said:

At which point I should be able to offer an ultimatum for resignation. A mechanic thats in the game, but not available here, for what at first glance seem arbitrary reasons.

If this was an option, honestly i owuld have had no qualms. I would call the board dickheads and stubborn greedy morons, but now I basicly have to resign for what seem total arbitrary reasons, which to me personally ruins the story im trying to build.

Guess im about to take abreak from FM and wait for the march update and hopefully some things get adressed.... Tactics wise and ME i think this edition is great. But its all the stuff around it (staff management, player interaction, stuff like this) that feels it took 3 step backs rather than forwards

I narrate my save as a story too - here. I work in these frustrations in to my narrative. You can read my battles with the board in it

Head Coach Academy-Only Challenge: FM for Masochists

2 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

I'd think a club vision along the lines of "Prefer transfers over youth development" or something like that, kind of like the opposite of "develop youngsters" really. At least it would be visible. If nothing else, I'd say having the option to ask for it and the board to reply "No, we rather you rely on transfers" would at the very least give the user _some_ feedback as to why, rather than not having the option pop up at all...

3 minutes ago, XaW said:

I'd think a club vision along the lines of "Prefer transfers over youth development" or something like that, kind of like the opposite of "develop youngsters" really. At least it would be visible. If nothing else, I'd say having the option to ask for it and the board to reply "No, we rather you rely on transfers" would at the very least give the user _some_ feedback as to why, rather than not having the option pop up at all...

It should definitely be part of an interview, with the board enquiring whether you are in affinity with them, or perhaps negotiate it in the interview.  Maybe if you start a save by picking a club without any due process, there should be more risk involved.

Has this changed since FM22? I'm still on 22 and my club have given me targets to develop the best youth system in the country and develop using our youth system. We maxed out our youth recruitment and coaching many years ago (costs about 3.5m per year) yet the youth facilities are stuck at Good. An upgrade would cost roughly what we pay our coaches and youth scouts for 3 months.

Why are youth coaching and recruitment requests not behaving in the same way as youth facilities?

• 1 year later...
The problem is also in version 24. I do not accept SI's "answer that the management is not interested in expanding youth facilities because no"!
 I have a spare 200 million in my account and I can expand youth facilities at 10/20. What president wouldn't agree?
Edited by marioo

8 hours ago, marioo said:
The problem is also in version 24. I do not accept SI's "answer that the management is not interested in expanding youth facilities because no"!
 I have a spare 200 million in my account and I can expand youth facilities at 10/20. What president wouldn't agree?

You may have a spare 200m laying around, but that also doesn't mean the board will waste it on something they don't care about.

• 2 weeks later...

I am writing to you from Ukraine,
will be through a translator, so sorry

i had the same problem
my club was absorbed and the chairman had better inclinations to develop youth
but I still couldn't improve it

and here I came up with a trick

I went to Management Requests to change farm club conditions
and there was an item to exchange youth (somehow)
and immediately after that there was an opportunity to improve the base of juniors

because when I was just looking for a farm club, I couldn't choose "youth exchange"
but when I changed those contracts that I already had for a long time, then it worked out for me

maybe it really works
try it yourself)

if you do not understand something, write, I will help
FM24