Contracts are stupid in summer leagues

Like the title says. I am playing in Finland and the contracts expire in on 30th of November, same expiration day seems to apply for Latvia as well. This means that players who decide to explore their options at the end of their contracts leave in the middle of an European group stage. Extremely frustrating and unrealistic to think about a star midfielder deciding to leave just so they can hang out unemployed for a month before signing somewhere else. 

A star midfielder is probably not going to hang around Finalnd (lovely place, no offence to any Finnish here)....so if he runs his contract out...why would he not 'hang about for a month' (given the season has ended) before moving to another club (which he could actually do on the 1st December in reality as he a free agent and can train at the club he arranged a contract with before his sign on date).

You think this doesn't happen in real life? This is just part of the challenge of managing in a club with a season within the year rather than split over 2 years.

Edited by Maviarab
Grammar

9 minutes ago, Maviarab said:

A star midfielder is probably not going to hang around Finalnd (lovely place, no offence to any Finnish here)....so if he runs his contract out...why would he not 'hang about for a month' (given the season has ended) before moving to another club (which he could actually do on the 1st December in reality as he a free agent and can train at the club he arranged a contract with before his sign on date).

You think this doesn't happen in real life? This is just part of the challenge of managing in a club with a season within the year rather than split over 2 years.

You're confusing real life with a game.

On 07/02/2023 at 23:03, Maviarab said:

Well the season hasn't ended, we are playing in Europe for a month still. And he had no club lined up, he went on to be unemployed. Same thing happened with some of my rotation players, who just walked off days before my last league phase match. I don't think that's either realistic nor fun. 

Other summer leagues have contracts run until end of December. Why can't these? 

It doesn't happen in real life. HJK has made the groups twice now in a row but I haven't seen them line up with only kids on the last match day because their starters decided that having no club is better than playing in Europe. One player got sold, sure, but others signed slight extensions to play in December before leaving in January.