How does "regained possession" work

Save context (not relevant) I joined Liverpool half way through 2035 were they found them self 12th and despite better results finished 12th. on the new season the team needed a full rebuild I'm talking, 1gk, 1rb, 4cb,2lb,4cm etc. this is due to the club relying on the likes of dias (38) Ryan nori (34) lotkoa (34) ugarte (35) who are all considering important players also Harvey Elliot (33, 250k a week) szlobslai yeah that guy (35) after spending 116m I have a decent squad i should be aiming for top half which is what the board wants

(More unneeded context) After a bad start of the season i went with a ASS man recommended tactic, formation and duties and roles played city and won 3-1 amazing but then the next game i lost 2-0 with 2 shots in 95 mins with 0 on target (this is were i looked at the data hub to see what happend in these two games)

(Main Point)

One of the positives analysis of the data hub of the two games mention above (Chelsea and city) one went well wont went awful. I see "regained possession" and as you can see the player Luis parra won back possession more than any other player but he's won the ball from his main position right back area and slightly ahead but he's won loads of possession on the left wing but he is set to wing back def so why and how is he getting possession up there? and what counts as a regain possession is this when he tackles and gets it back, it is when  the other boot the ball up the pitch and we gain it back what makes a player or even Luis parra so good at winning the ball back yes he has 15 tackling but he only has 11 off the ball and 13 marking

onepic.PNG

twopic.PNG

Edited by PandaIsland

22 minutes ago, PandaIsland said:

why and how is he getting possession up there?

there are situations where a player won't be in his designated position such as during set pieces then there is the fact that during half time you swap sides which will account for most of it

5 hours ago, MBarbaric said:

isn't it obvious? you could put a diagonal line over the pitch and two sides practically mirror...

5 hours ago, XaW said:

Is he often located there when you have corners or free kicks and he picks up loads of cleared balls there?

6 hours ago, DarJ said:

there are situations where a player won't be in his designated position such as during set pieces then there is the fact that during half time you swap sides which will account for most of it

6 hours ago, Blah_1123 said:

Is it because of swapping sides at half time? I would've thought the game accounted for that and just showed it so the bottom goal was always your teams goal but maybe not.

like blah said when i relooked at it. its just first and 2nd half it is quite obv when you think about it.  because if they shown it on the same side for both half you wouldn't be able to read the graph

unreleated i said he is set to wing back defend but in every game he plays he gets all the way up to the other goal he has no player traits

3 minutes ago, PandaIsland said:

he is set to wing back defend but in every game he plays he gets all the way up to the other goal he has no player traits

even on defend duty he will still go up as a wingback but he will only do it when your team has control of the ball in the final third. If you don't want him to move then fullback on defend should do the job