[FM23] How to change width of column in a widget table

MrGone

I am attempting to add left foot and right foot strength to the additional attributes table in the "Player Attributes Panel" of my "Player Overview Panel." I have successfully added these attributes, however, the text value is cut off by the size of the column and I cannot figure out how to adjust this in the table properties.

I have attached screenshots of the panel in-game and (what I believe are) the relevant lines in the .xml file, along with the .xml file in its entirety.

Any help would be appreciated!

In this screenshot, the Right Foot value "Very Strong" being cut off as "Very..." is an example of the issue I'm attempting to solve.

Screenshot_20230217_084714.png

Screenshot_20230217_085233.png

player attributes panel.xml

Edited by MrGone
Provided additional context for the screenshot, explaining the issue

Here's the relevant container on it's own in text form

<!-- Additional attributes table -->
<container class="client_object_viewer_xml_panel" id="attT">
	<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" apply_to_children="true"/>

<widget class="table" layout="-1, 80" mode="fill_rows, printable" row_height="22" row_spacing="0">
		<record id="object_property" get_property="objt" set_property="objt" />
		<list id="column_table_properties">
			<record index="0" left="8" sort_disabled="true"/>
			<record index="1" right="8" sort_disabled="true"/>
		</list>

<!-- Height-->
		<widget class="label" row="0" column="0" >
			<record id="object_property" get_property="Phei" name="true"/>
		</widget>
		<widget class="editable_client_object_property_panel" id="Phei" row="0" column="1" style="semi_bold">
			<record id="object_property" get_property="Phei"/>
			<record id="widget_properties" alignment="right,centre_y" />
		</widget>
		<!-- Weight-->
		<widget class="label" row="1" column="0" >
			<record id="object_property" get_property="Pwei" name="true"/>
		</widget>
		<widget class="editable_client_object_property_panel" id="Pwei" row="1" column="1" style="semi_bold">
			<record id="object_property" get_property="Pwei"/>
		</widget>
		<!-- Preferred Foot
		<widget class="label" row="2" column="0" >
			<record id="object_property" get_property="Pfot" name="true"/>
		</widget>
		<widget class="editable_client_object_property_panel" id="Pfot" row="2" column="1" style="semi_bold">
			<record id="object_property" get_property="Pfot"/>
		</widget> -->
		<!-- Left Foot Strength-->
			<translation id="text" translation_id="230000" type="use" value="Left" />
		</widget>
		<widget class="editable_client_object_property_panel" id="fotL" row="2" column="1" style="semi_bold">
			<record id="object_property" get_property="PlfG"/>
		</widget>
		<!-- Right Foot Strength-->
		<widget class="label" row="3" column="0" >
			<translation id="text" translation_id="230001" type="use" value="Right" />
		</widget>
		<widget class="editable_client_object_property_panel" id="fotR" row="3" column="1" style="semi_bold">
			<record id="object_property" get_property="PrfG"/>
		</widget>	

6 hours ago, MrGone said:

Here's the relevant container on it's own in text form

<!-- Additional attributes table -->
<container class="client_object_viewer_xml_panel" id="attT">
	<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" apply_to_children="true"/>

<widget class="table" layout="-1, 80" mode="fill_rows, printable" row_height="22" row_spacing="0">
		<record id="object_property" get_property="objt" set_property="objt" />
		<list id="column_table_properties">
			<record index="0" left="8" sort_disabled="true"/>
			<record index="1" right="8" sort_disabled="true"/>
		</list>

<!-- Height-->
		<widget class="label" row="0" column="0" >
			<record id="object_property" get_property="Phei" name="true"/>
		</widget>
		<widget class="editable_client_object_property_panel" id="Phei" row="0" column="1" style="semi_bold">
			<record id="object_property" get_property="Phei"/>
		</widget>
		<!-- Weight-->
		<widget class="label" row="1" column="0" >
			<record id="object_property" get_property="Pwei" name="true"/>
		</widget>
		<widget class="editable_client_object_property_panel" id="Pwei" row="1" column="1" style="semi_bold">
			<record id="object_property" get_property="Pwei"/>
		</widget>
		<!-- Preferred Foot
			<record id="object_property" get_property="Pfot" name="true"/>
		</widget>
		<widget class="editable_client_object_property_panel" id="Pfot" row="2" column="1" style="semi_bold">
			<record id="object_property" get_property="Pfot"/>
		</widget> -->
		<!-- Left Foot Strength-->
			<translation id="text" translation_id="230000" type="use" value="Left" />
		</widget>
		<widget class="editable_client_object_property_panel" id="fotL" row="2" column="1" style="semi_bold">
			<record id="object_property" get_property="PlfG"/>
		</widget>
		<!-- Right Foot Strength-->
		<widget class="label" row="3" column="0" >
			<translation id="text" translation_id="230001" type="use" value="Right" />
		</widget>
		<widget class="editable_client_object_property_panel" id="fotR" row="3" column="1" style="semi_bold">
			<record id="object_property" get_property="PrfG"/>
		</widget>	

it's not the attribute file you need to change width in, but the file that contains the space where you've loaded the attributes file into

8 hours ago, MrGone said:

I am attempting to add left foot and right foot strength to the additional attributes table in the "Player Attributes Panel" of my "Player Overview Panel." I have successfully added these attributes, however, the text value is cut off by the size of the column and I cannot figure out how to adjust this in the table properties.

I have attached screenshots of the panel in-game and (what I believe are) the relevant lines in the .xml file, along with the .xml file in its entirety.

Any help would be appreciated!

In this screenshot, the Right Foot value "Very Strong" being cut off as "Very..." is an example of the issue I'm attempting to solve.

Screenshot_20230217_085233.png

player attributes panel.xml 15.6 kB · 0 downloads

I love such examples. the screenshot shows two things that I hate in custom skins and I don't understand how the authors can like it.
1. duplication of information (the power of the right and left foot is already indicated at the bottom of the left container)
2. irrational container sizes (the size of the Positions container is 2 times larger than required)

the easiest way to achieve the result you want is to simply solve problem number 2, which will give extra width for the attribute container

4 hours ago, snowofman said:

it's not the attribute file you need to change width in, but the file that contains the space where you've loaded the attributes file into

I'm referring specifically to the highlighted column within the larger attribute table. There has to be a way to adjust the right column width of that 'additional attributes' table on its own, I just don't know how.

1 hour ago, Olas Nick said:

I love such examples. the screenshot shows two things that I hate in custom skins and I don't understand how the authors can like it.
1. duplication of information (the power of the right and left foot is already indicated at the bottom of the left container)
2. irrational container sizes (the size of the Positions container is 2 times larger than required)

the easiest way to achieve the result you want is to simply solve problem number 2, which will give extra width for the attribute container

I mostly want this information here because I use the same attribute table format for my player popup overview, which has the same problem. Individual foot strength is not readily available on that panel, and I would like my attribute tables to be the same in both locations.

Adjusting the size of the left adaptive container is a workaround for this specific page that may work, I'll give that a try and let you know. Unfortunately it won't fix the same problem on my Player Overview Popup panel.

In the meantime, if you know the answer to my question in particular (how to adjust the width of a specific column in a table), rather than unsought criticism towards my personal skin, I would appreciate it.

Edited by MrGone

13 minutes ago, MrGone said:

I mostly want this information here because I use the same attribute table format for my player popup overview, which has the same problem. Individual foot strength is not readily available on that panel, and I would like my attribute tables to be the same in both locations.

Adjusting the size of the left adaptive container is a workaround for this specific page that may work, I'll give that a try and let you know. Unfortunately it won't fix the same problem on my Player Overview Popup panel.

In the meantime, if you know the answer to my question in particular (how to adjust the width of a specific column in a table), rather than unsought criticism towards my personal skin, I would appreciate it.

Try to adjust table layout in line 9 of your xml file.. :)

image.png.8783638425bf83e3615048eb8e4a579c.png

2 hours ago, Olas Nick said:

Didn't work.

Screenshot_20230218_084758.png

Figured it out. Issue was fairly simple in the end, thought I had to add an attribute to the table, but it turns out the 'layout' attribute that I already had was the culprit.

layout="-1, 80" means that the right column is constrained to exactly 80 pixels, with the left column filling the rest of the total width. Swapping them to have the right column unrestrained and the left column set to the required length for the longest word (coincidentally 80), fixed the issue.

Screenshot_20230218_090814.png

4 minutes ago, Olas Nick said:

try alignment="left,center_y" instead alignment="right,center_y"

I found the solution. The 'layout' element was the culprit. Detailed the fix in a previous post. Thanks for the help, nevertheless.

Not sure I like the new spacing left to right, though, the positions panel feels cramped and the attribute values feel too far away from the attribute names. Empty space is just as important in design as information density.