New ME features

pedrosantos

A few things I find at least odd that are not present in FM by 2023 and after so many years. I do not have a clue if it is hard to implement or just something that was forgotten:

- Players trying to dribble the GK (even more odd because its a player preferred move);

- GK causing a penalty;

- Player missing a penalty shooting above the bar;

- Yellow cards from simulated fouls;

Maybe something to consider for fm24 :)

I think I've had a few goals come from players more or less going round the keeper, not too many though.

Agreed on the goalkeepers never conceding a penalty and the subsequent red/yellow card being produced. Almost a reason on its own never to have a keeper on the bench because they also rarely get injured mid-game. Don't think I've ever seen a keeper handle outside the box either and therefore get sent off etc.

Penalty misses - you're right, can't think of many going over the bar or hitting the woodwork. Usually put wide or saved.

One other thing that really bugs me is to do with the camera angles for the 'Director' setting. Why, why, why do we get these daft angles for corners and free-kicks? The main camera is fine for that but instead we get behind the goal or behind the taker views, or even worse corners viewed from near the flag.  I think penalties from behind the taker are about the only thing we ACTUALLY see in real life TV broadcasts. I don't even like that to be honest.

If it wasn't for these weird angles I'd use Director all the time as I prefer the main camera angle but I just use TV instead.

Really something that needs addressing I think because that aspect is certainly not true to life.

Edited by Lord Duffucus

• 3 weeks later...