What are the best facilities to invest in?

I think it's obvious: it's training facilities and the stadium. But I'm managing Braga in Portugal and in my second season I finished 2nd. I qualified for table stage of Champions League and got 4/6 wins so far, and my moneybags are full. During this campaign I sold 4 best players for combined 116.5 mil and I replaced them with excellent cheap players, all but one well under 10 million. Due to some ridiculous clauses and raising my salary spending by about 750-100K p/w I don't have a 100 but a comfortable 35 million in the bank, after upgrading my training facilities to state of the art. I don't need more than 15 mil worth of new players if even anyone. I'm keen to invest in the club.

I'm now wondering what to invest in. Stadium is never full, league mostly half attendance, big European games around 1-2K under capacity, so stadium is unnecessary to upgrade.

Choice is not only facilities, but also budgets for staff and alike.

Why I don't blindly invest in youth academy is because I'm not sure I will stay in Braga for too long too reap the benefits. Maybe I will if I never topple Porto. :) Who knows.

Remember youth facilities ONLY impacts the youth intake. All visible players regardless of age or squad use the training facilities. So if you want to develop players you buy, then the training facilities are best. If you are looking to get in good newgens through the youth intake, youth facilities are your best shot (in addition to junior coaching and recruitment of course).

So that would be my suggestion to you in this case, as well as bringing in better coaches.

11 minutes ago, bielsadidnothingwrong said:

does youth recruitment factor into this at all?

Yes, the clubs with the highest ranked youth recruitment has a wider net to pick players from during generation. Imagine a circle around the stadium, the higher the recruitment ,the wider the radius.

I don't see the option to increase the level of youth facilities in the board request dropdown. The level is excellent, but I read that there is also superb and state of the art. Maybe because I recently increased main training facilities?

Can someone please screenshot where to click to increase level of youth facilities?

38 minutes ago, Konfuchie said:

I don't see the option to increase the level of youth facilities in the board request dropdown. The level is excellent, but I read that there is also superb and state of the art. Maybe because I recently increased main training facilities?

Can someone please screenshot where to click to increase level of youth facilities?

Right next to the training facilities.

sINFbFY.png

It's not available if you have asked recently, or if the board has a low youth priority (hidden chairman attribute).

On 24/02/2023 at 01:14, Konfuchie said:

I think it's obvious: it's training facilities and the stadium. But I'm managing Braga in Portugal and in my second season I finished 2nd. I qualified for table stage of Champions League and got 4/6 wins so far, and my moneybags are full. During this campaign I sold 4 best players for combined 116.5 mil and I replaced them with excellent cheap players, all but one well under 10 million. Due to some ridiculous clauses and raising my salary spending by about 750-100K p/w I don't have a 100 but a comfortable 35 million in the bank, after upgrading my training facilities to state of the art. I don't need more than 15 mil worth of new players if even anyone. I'm keen to invest in the club.

I'm now wondering what to invest in. Stadium is never full, league mostly half attendance, big European games around 1-2K under capacity, so stadium is unnecessary to upgrade.

Choice is not only facilities, but also budgets for staff and alike.

Why I don't blindly invest in youth academy is because I'm not sure I will stay in Braga for too long too reap the benefits. Maybe I will if I never topple Porto. :) Who knows.

As you mentioned, it is clear that the training facilities and stadium are important areas to consider for upgrading. Upgrading your training facilities can improve the development of your current players and potentially attract higher-quality talent in the future. This can help your team perform better on the field and increase your chances of success in the long term.

However, since your stadium is not consistently full, upgrading it may not be necessary at this time. Instead, you may want to consider investing in your coaching staff and facilities. This can help you develop and train your players to their full potential, and potentially attract better-quality talent in the future.

In addition, investing in your youth academy is always a good idea for building a sustainable and successful team in the long term. While you may not be around to reap the benefits, developing young talent can still pay off for the club in the future.

Ultimately, the choice of where to invest your resources depends on your long-term goals for the club.