Some questions for efficient use

MRC

Dabbling into advanced rules, because, well, stages & that.

I have now set up a Championship & Relegation Group via stages to the point where I THINK they should work, but am encountering a few issues.

1.) Other competitions not being set up correctly due to me creating a new nation. It seems the editor only ever allows editing one thing. Meaning if I did my new nation and it's league system, I can't just look into the Copa Libertadores and fix the stages so it works again, right?
The workaround here is deleting those competitions in order to test the one I did, but is there really no way around that? Do I really have to fix each competition in another database and then merge them? Likewise, when creating numerous new competitions, do I have to use a separate file for each one?

2.) Verification tells me that my competition doesn't finish in time for the season update, no matter where I put it. I find that hard to believe considering I have 26 match days in stage 0, then another 12 each for stage 1 & 2 (which should happen simultaneously). The season is supposed to start in early July, yet I'm told that it doesn't finish in time for the latest possible season update day on the 3rd&4th of July. What am I overlooking?

Any help is much appreciated as I find it very difficult to find good ressources for advanced rules editing.

I'll leave my files here in case you wanna look directly into them for troubleshooting.

v2 is before deleting the other competitions for testing purposes

v3 is after deleting Copa Libertadores, U20 Copa Libertadores, U20 South American Championship, Pan American Games, World Cup South American Qualifying Section because all of those were having issues; it's also after setting stage 1 & stage 2 to have 14 match dates between the beginning of Febuary and the middle of May

MRCX Southamerican Superleague v2.xml MRCX Southamerican Superleague v3.xml

5 hours ago, MRC said:

1.) Other competitions not being set up correctly due to me creating a new nation. It seems the editor only ever allows editing one thing. Meaning if I did my new nation and it's league system, I can't just look into the Copa Libertadores and fix the stages so it works again, right?
The workaround here is deleting those competitions in order to test the one I did, but is there really no way around that? Do I really have to fix each competition in another database and then merge them? Likewise, when creating numerous new competitions, do I have to use a separate file for each one?

2.) Verification tells me that my competition doesn't finish in time for the season update, no matter where I put it. I find that hard to believe considering I have 26 match days in stage 0, then another 12 each for stage 1 & 2 (which should happen simultaneously). The season is supposed to start in early July, yet I'm told that it doesn't finish in time for the latest possible season update day on the 3rd&4th of July. What am I overlooking?

1. You need one file for each nation. Technically that may or may not be completely true but I don't see how you would do it. Creating new competitions in one country can have consequences in other nations or in the continental rules. Those would in turn need to be edited. 

2. Have you checked the dates of your stages? There should be a schedule with a first and last date. Additionally you can set fixture dates as seen below. The dates below were created by SI, not me. 

image.thumb.png.6c9830493103f0ad25fb33eeefc5bb48.png

Another thing about schedule is that dates 40 and 41 are used to create a mid-season break. Perhaps you didn't need this but I'll mention this just in case. 

These fixture dates are used under Stages-Schedule where you can pick them up. 

Edited by Fredrik

@Fredrik
Thank you very much!
I am trying to create my own fixture dates and create them right now.

Now do you know where I can find the proper ID for each date? I've just set them as 0 for the dates I'm using for my stage 0, and I can pull in the first and last one via Stages-Schedule, however the game doesn't recognise them as set and tells me that I have 0 dates set although 26 are required.