Your own professionalism attribute?

Was looking at my own stats out of curiosity and noticed I have a shockingly low rating for professionalism, despite playing what I would consider a pretty standard professional game - taking every press conference, managing every match but friendlies, etc.

What could cause me to have a 2, and how impactful is that when applying for jobs, etc.?

image.thumb.png.56a6e26fb71e8695fc7379088ad63bc6.png

2 hours ago, rsihn said:

Applying for jobs while already employed quickly drops your professionalism.   You will be asked about it in every job interview you get. 

Which is something I don't think works very realistically, but regardless, I've never once done that in this save, so that can't be what's caused the low rating in this particular case.

Any other ideas?

vor 10 Stunden schrieb rsihn:

Applying for jobs while already employed quickly drops your professionalism.   You will be asked about it in every job interview you get. 

Not for nationalteams, or?

11 hours ago, HugoDantes said:

I wonder if player handling and interviews affect this? Are you like Conte? :-) 

Nope, I'm being fairly "normal" in my interactions, I'd think. Certainly haven't done anything crazy, I don't think.

58 minutes ago, Hovis Dexter said:

So far as I can tell applying for jobs while you’re employed reduces your professionalism whilst at the same time increases your ambition attribute.

Sure, but I've never once done that. So what else caused such a drastic decrease in my case?

38 minutes ago, Weston said:

Sure, but I've never once done that. So what else caused such a drastic decrease in my case?

I'm pretty sure that losing your cool and throwing water bottles drops it.  I believe there are certain answers in press conferences that also drop professionalism. 

As for other personality stats, I always end up with a 20 in both Ambition and Loyalty but Professionalism and Pressure both always go down.  I've never seen Professionalism increase at any point.  In my current save, I've made a point to try to avoid any drops in Professionalism and have succeeded so far after 8 years but I still really would like to know how to increase it similar to Ambition and Professionalism. Increasing Ambition seems to be solely down to answers given in press conferences and it can be increased by always choosing the answers stating that you just want to win.  Pressure also seems to be down to a combination of press conference answers and results. Loyalty seems solely down to sticking with a club for a few years rather than constantly job hopping.  I don't think I've ever seen any changes to Sportsmanship, Temperament, or Controversy in any of my  long term saves. 

Edited by rsihn

I haven't gotten really that angry in a team talk in years since we were so good the last two seasons, and I don't think some offhand remark I may have made in a press conference would have such a debilitating effect if I don't even remember it happening.

Just seems like I do more positive professional things than negative things, ie taking every press conference, always giving my players feedback on training and performances, etc.

17 hours ago, Weston said:

I haven't gotten really that angry in a team talk in years since we were so good the last two seasons, and I don't think some offhand remark I may have made in a press conference would have such a debilitating effect if I don't even remember it happening.

Like I said before, I've never found anything that improves Professionalism so anything you've done which causes drops throughout your save are cumulative.  It would only take 8 instances of lack of Professionalism throughout your save to drop it down to  2.  I've successfully maintained the default value of 10 through 2031 in my current save by simply doing the things I've mentioned after having similar problems to you in my previous FM21 long term save. 

If you figure out a way to raise Professionalism, I would like to hear about it. 

On 20/03/2023 at 13:06, Lord Rowell said:

Didn't know this was even recorded for human managers :O

You can see your personality type without using the in game editor by going to "season preview" and clicking on your team.

@Weston  I imagine it's effected by the coaching badges/experience you give yourself at the start of your save as well. Doing things like commenting on opposition managers/players = unprofessional. Fining players definitely ups your level of discipline and signing u21 players for the first team ups your "working with youngsters."

I just ran a Crystal Palace season, transfer window disabled w no coaching badges (reduced variables), won the League Cup & finished second to Liverpool in the league by one point (not determined by results it seems) while fining my players every step of the way...ended up with a "slack" personality. Loaded to the start and I was at "balanced" on day one (which doesn't really indicate anything since all the hidden attributes could be 1). 

I did start **** in interviews with opposition mangers and banged the desk when I could so if you're taking press conferences you'd probably have to be quite dull to get a strong professionalism rating. "I don't want to comment on opposition, refs, transfer speculation." Not worth it imo. 

Edited by Cloud9

54 minutes ago, Cloud9 said:

You can see your personality type without using the in game editor by going to "season preview" and clicking on your team.

@Weston  I imagine it's effected by the coaching badges/experience you give yourself at the start of your save as well. Doing things like commenting on opposition managers/players = unprofessional. Fining players definitely ups your level of discipline and signing u21 players for the first team ups your "working with youngsters."

I just ran a Crystal Palace season, transfer window disabled w no coaching badges (reduced variables), won the League Cup & finished second to Liverpool in the league by one point (not determined by results it seems) while fining my players every step of the way...ended up with a "slack" personality. Loaded to the start and I was at "balanced" on day one (which doesn't really indicate anything since all the hidden attributes could be 1). 

I did start **** in interviews with opposition mangers and banged the desk when I could so if you're taking press conferences you'd probably have to be quite dull to get a strong professionalism rating. "I don't want to comment on opposition, refs, transfer speculation." Not worth it imo. 

Interesting - it says I'm fickle. Bit harsh after getting sacked from my first gig, and then simply not renewing my contract again after 2 years of winning all I could in my second job.