Most challenging leagues?

It depends, in England getting promoted into the Championship from League Two is very hard. I also find leagues with a mix of semi-pro and pro teams often is hard if you are one of the semi-pro ones.

Brazil. It's just highly competitive from top to bottom. I find the Brazilian Serie A the hardest top division to win, and the lower divisions are very challenging too, especially if you start all the way down in Serie D. You've also got the state leagues to deal with, so if you're playing a lower league team from say Sao Paulo or Rio de Janeiro, then you're probably going to get spanked in the state league before your national league even starts.

MLS — salary cap, DP contracts, crazy scheduling in the middle of international windows, you have to finish first or be good at managing single elimination playoff matches to win anything. You really need to focus on squad building and managing minutes, it’ll force you to become a better FM player. 

3 hours ago, rusty217 said:

Brazil. It's just highly competitive from top to bottom. I find the Brazilian Serie A the hardest top division to win, and the lower divisions are very challenging too, especially if you start all the way down in Serie D. You've also got the state leagues to deal with, so if you're playing a lower league team from say Sao Paulo or Rio de Janeiro, then you're probably going to get spanked in the state league before your national league even starts.

Would love to do Brazil Serie D, is that a download database for that? only thing that puts me off Brazil is the fake names.

8 hours ago, Russell10 said:

Would love to do Brazil Serie D, is that a download database for that? only thing that puts me off Brazil is the fake names.

Huh, I thought it was a default league. Apparently it's one I created though, here it is if you're interested:

z Brazil.fmf

It's not 100% accurate, since having every team need to re-qualify for the Serie D each year from the state leagues didn't seem possible. So instead it relegates 16 teams and keeps the rest.

I also changed team names, although again not 100% accurate. I changed them to what I like, rather than the official names. So every team has it's city in the team name. eg. Palmeiras Sao Paulo, instead of just Palmeiras.

9 hours ago, Russell10 said:

Hi. There is an easy fix to fix Brazilian club names. Just google and you'll find how to replace a few files.

36 minutes ago, rusty217 said:

Huh, I thought it was a default league. Apparently it's one I created though, here it is if you're interested:

z Brazil.fmf 67.17 kB · 0 downloads

It's not 100% accurate, since having every team need to re-qualify for the Serie D each year from the state leagues didn't seem possible. So instead it relegates 16 teams and keeps the rest.

I also changed team names, although again not 100% accurate. I changed them to what I like, rather than the official names. So every team has it's city in the team name. eg. Palmeiras Sao Paulo, instead of just Palmeiras.

Thanks for your work creating Brazil league D. It does look a bit complex IRL: 64 clubs ranked in 14 matches:
https://www.futebolinterior.com.br/campeonato/campeonato-brasileiro-serie-d-2022/

Question: I need a new save to play it right? I can't just save it and load it in my current save by adding this league?...

4 hours ago, phd_angel said:

Thanks for your work creating Brazil league D. It does look a bit complex IRL: 64 clubs ranked in 14 matches:
https://www.futebolinterior.com.br/campeonato/campeonato-brasileiro-serie-d-2022/

Question: I need a new save to play it right? I can't just save it and load it in my current save by adding this league?...

Yeah, you need to start a new save for it.

I never added an overall league table like the one you've linked. Just 8 regional groups of 8 with a knockout stage for the top 4 from each group and the 4 QF winners getting promoted. Bottom 2 from each group are relegated.

On 24/03/2023 at 02:35, XaW said:

It depends, in England getting promoted into the Championship from League Two is very hard. I also find leagues with a mix of semi-pro and pro teams often is hard if you are one of the semi-pro ones.

Getting to the championship from league 2 is pretty easy I feel. Getting out of the championship is harder but I wouldnt call it difficult.

The hardest league I have ever played is the belgian top flight. There is no prize money in the league, only a 1.5 million a year tv deal. However, the top 6 teams actually get 16 million a year. Its not super hard if you play as an established club with sponsorships and large attendance, but if you do a climb and get promoted to the league with low attendance and sponsorships, you are basically stuck. I am playing in poland, but I have the belgian league loaded. In my save, every team below the the top 10 are insecure or in administration. Above that there are a few okay teams. Several of the top 6 teams are rich but good luck getting there. Inorder to make any money you need to be able to finish higher than teams with 10x your budget. What makes it difficult tho, is that unlike other leagues, you cant just chill and slowly improve your club. Inorder to even stay in the league you have to outspend your means and have about 2-3 years before your club is financially done for. At this point, the higher teams will make pennies on the dollar offers for your best players and your board will accept every one of them due to your clubs financial situation. Relegation and or administration will follow shortly after.

It makes the championship look like a walk in the park. TV deals, participation awards, solidarity payments, a high reputation league that will improve the value of your players and increase attendance. Yea, its not the easiest league to get out of, but atleast its not hard to chill mid table, improve your club and then make a push for premier league.

Edited by phantombandit

On 24/03/2023 at 07:49, SergeiG said:

Try to manage a small Croatian team and win the league. Knocking Dinamo Zagreb from the top is kinnda challenging because they got tons of money, an OP squad and a good youth setup, unlike the rest of the league.

I would call it time consuming but I dont think that is the same as difficult. Yea, dinamo is tough, but the rest of the league... not so much. With those small leagues, all you have to do is get into europe, which makes those leagues dominated by one or two teams (like croatia or scotland) not that difficult. Time consuming sure, but you could beat dinamo within 5 seasons pretty consistently, even with the worst team in the league.