Has "ask x to speak to y about issue" worked once in FM23?

I'm several seasons in and asking a captain or other leader to talk to a player about a problem they have has not been successful one single time yet. Anyone else gotten it to work yet, and if so, how?

Yeah, if you have a captain with very high leadership, and at the top of the influence pyramid, they can deal with just about everything. Everything that's unreasonable, that is. If the complaint is totally valid, they will not succeed as often.

9 hours ago, Weston said:

I'm several seasons in and asking a captain or other leader to talk to a player about a problem they have has not been successful one single time yet. Anyone else gotten it to work yet, and if so, how?

same here, did not worked once in FM23, it did work quite often in FM22. 

6 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

Yeah, I just asked him and resolved it. My captain was way more influential than the player he was speaking to 

6 hours ago, el_manayer said:

If you have a very very influential captain, being in the club for several years, playing everything and performing well, etc, it  works indeed >90% of times.

4 hours ago, XaW said:

Yeah, if you have a captain with very high leadership, and at the top of the influence pyramid, they can deal with just about everything. Everything that's unreasonable, that is. If the complaint is totally valid, they will not succeed as often.

Yeah, this is how it always worked for me before, but like this person is also experiencing...

1 hour ago, Furmanbp said:

same here, did not worked once in FM23, it did work quite often in FM22. 

...it just doesn't happen anymore, and I can't tell what changed. I've been getting the feeling the people coding this thing thought it was too easy before and dialed it way back in this edition, but it seems they've overcorrected, in my experience at least.

A lot depends on the quality ( or otherwise ) of the captain- if you have a strong leader, this was overpowered in FM 22 almost to a ridiculous level.  It has certainly been pulled back for FM 23 and it can work but only sometimes which is probably more realistic.

The more unrealistic happening is when the captain reports back that he has been unable to resolve the issue ( if it was a new contract demand) and when you then approach the player, he immediately drops the demand.

This is my captain. Is there any reason why he wouldn't be able to convince anyone of anything ever? And keep in mind he isn't the first one - I've been at three clubs no with the same problem consistent throughout.

image.thumb.png.5355ea98f1d23b7e722242b268bbce58.pngimage.thumb.png.23f7b67b7147c5a722251672b6edf993.png

Whenever this option comes up for me I usually only get the option of having a random coach talk to the player rather than the captain. Surely asking my fitness coach to talk a player down over wanting to join a bigger club isn’t something that makes sense to do 

17 hours ago, Weston said:

Yeah, this is how it always worked for me before, but like this person is also experiencing...

...it just doesn't happen anymore, and I can't tell what changed. I've been getting the feeling the people coding this thing thought it was too easy before and dialed it way back in this edition, but it seems they've overcorrected, in my experience at least.

Well honestly, I haven't played FM23 enough to judge this year's version, I though the question was more general and definitely in FM22 it was working when the conditions were optimal. In my current save, it also does not work, but it is not unexpected due my team/captains situation, so I can't really judge

On 02/04/2023 at 02:11, phantombandit said:

It seems like it happens less this year than before. I had a really good captain in fm22 who could talk anyone out of anything. I dont think I have seen it happen once in fm23 tho.

I'm glad it's not just my save - it seems the general consensus is it worked too well before and has been overcorrected into not working at all now. A happy medium would be nice, and it's disappointing that it didn't come in winter update.